tomego

New Player In Game Hangout?

Is there a channel people would recommend to find knowledgeable people I can ask questions about in game or maybe play with? Yes, I played enough in alpha and beta to get my reward but I honestly never got into this game much but this past week I started playing because I have some family(uncles) that play this game, I didn't even know they gamed.  Anyways, I'd prefer to not be terrible for my teams but a lot of the resources I am finding are dated and at times contradictory (I assume due to patch changes). 

There's a small contingent of people who try to keep the WoTLabs in-game channel open...

>Click on the Chat Bubble next to your Friends' List in the Lower Left Corner
>Search and Join tab
>Type "WoTLabs" into the search field, and hit Enter
>Double-click to join, or sigh in frustration at the lack of permanent channels when it doesn't appear, and continue to follow instructions
>Swap to Create Channel tab
>Type "WoTLabs" into the empty field, and hit Enter

Tadaa!

1 hour ago, Errants said:

There's a small contingent of people who try to keep the WoTLabs in-game channel open...

>Click on the Chat Bubble next to your Friends' List in the Lower Left Corner
>Search and Join tab
>Type "WoTLabs" into the search field, and hit Enter
>Double-click to join, or sigh in frustration at the lack of permanent channels when it doesn't appear, and continue to follow instructions
>Swap to Create Channel tab
>Type "WoTLabs" into the empty field, and hit Enter

Tadaa!

I think you are refering to the Tanks in-game channel. This is the Ships forum. In ships the channels are permanent, and it seems like everyone has made a Wotlabs channel, but nobody is ever in them.

51 minutes ago, MntRunner said:

I think you are refering to the Tanks in-game channel. This is the Ships forum. In ships the channels are permanent, and it seems like everyone has made a Wotlabs channel, but nobody is ever in them.

Yeah, that was a rude awakening when I first attempted it - you are better off just adding names into your contact list and messaging them in game.

59 minutes ago, MntRunner said:

Every so often I open the one I'm in and @How_Terrible is there.

14 hours ago, MntRunner said:

Some idiot didn't check the forum section he was in.  Sorry, all.

I don't know which one, but Myself, HowTerrible, F22, Majest1c, and Yoyoya can be found in one of the wotlabs channels. I leave it open when I'm playing, but rarely see anyone. It's best to either add people to friends list, or join the discords of warships streamers/youtubers, as you can usually find div mates there.

Thanks for all the responses. Just join all six of the Wotlabs channels or is there one thats more regularly populated?

Can confirm that RELIC players are as awesome in Ships as they are in tanks, Got to play with Roller, HT and Yoyoya today, while I was a tomato in setting up my teamspeak, these characters were busy wrecking everything in sight.  Friendly and damned good is a great combination to play with.

41 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Can confirm that RELIC players are as awesome in Ships as they are in tanks, Got to play with Roller, HT and Yoyoya today, while I was a tomato in setting up my teamspeak, these characters were busy wrecking everything in sight.  Friendly and damned good is a great combination to play with.

Sorry I didn't really talk to you much when you were in our TS. You were hot mic'ing a bit and I had a headache at the time so it was making it worse, ha ha. Also, apologies for getting you and @yoyoya2 killed in our tier eight German BB platoon game. I kind of led us into a death trap in the north on that map (can't remember the name of it). We'll play again sometime though, maybe next weekend.

3 minutes ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

Sorry I didn't really talk to you much when you were in our TS. You were hot mic'ing a bit and I had a headache at the time so it was making it worse, ha ha. Also, apologies for getting you and @yoyoya2 killed in our tier eight German BB platoon game. I kind of led us into a death trap in the north on that map (can't remember the name of it). We'll play again sometime though, maybe next weekend.

My teamspeak was so screwed ... I don't use it much since I quit playing tanks.  I look forward to playing with you and the the rest of the Relic crew in the future.  Great clan - great players - great attitudes.

Also - Tomego, add Monty50000 - he is a fun guy to division with, good player and very patient.  He can carry.

Just now, BiggieD61 said:

My teamspeak was so screwed ... I don't use it much since I quit playing tanks.  I look forward to playing with you and the the rest of the Relic crew in the future.  Great clan - great players - great attitudes.

You might change your mind on that if we play together and I rage, lol. I don't rage as bad in ships as I do in tanks though, especially in chat.

1 hour ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

You might change your mind on that if we play together and I rage, lol. I don't rage as bad in ships as I do in tanks though, especially in chat.

But the memes :feelsbad: 

3 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

I look forward to playing with you and the the rest of the Relic crew in the future.  Great clan - great players - great attitudes.

You'll get over that.  We're dicks