Cunicularius

Squad 35% off, play with me, is cool gaem

http://store.steampowered.com/app/393380/

I didn't know if I'd like this game at first. Getting into it I was kinda worried it'd be nothing but doing marathons and waiting to respawn, but whoa was I wrong. 

This game is fun. I haven't had this much fun in a game since I started playing World of Tanks, and its far more social, I haven't talked to people this much since the original Insurgency mod...

So yeah, basically its something like Insurgency, battlefield and Arma put together. And I think it works really well. Its not perfect, and you can have bad games, but if you give it a few shots, and communicate and take advantage of good squad leaders you'll have a blast and get used to how you ought to approach things. 

So yeah, its still in alpha so it feels kind of mod-ish, and it looks like fucking Far Cry 2, and feels like it, but it grew on me. 

Come play with me! O3O

deres active discord and subredddit too, buy buy buy https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/

I had it, but I asked for a refound, because I had no one to play with. I had to lower the graphics as well because of my laptop, so sometimes it was tricky to recognize friendlies/enemies. I might rebuy it tho but I don't know how we could play together because of ping issues.

2 hours ago, OOPMan said:

Looks neat, too bad about it being Modern Day...

Whats wrong with that? What would you even prefer?

If its any consolation, its more like late 1990s, early 2000s qwq

1 hour ago, Dodge94HUN said:

I had it, but I asked for a refound, because I had no one to play with. I had to lower the graphics as well because of my laptop, so sometimes it was tricky to recognize friendlies/enemies. I might rebuy it tho but I don't know how we could play together because of ping issues.

Yeah, dat sucks :c

39 minutes ago, Politx_Killer said:

Love this game. Nothing beats wiping a whole squad with a rocket.

:D

12 minutes ago, Cunicularius said:

Whats wrong with that? What would you even prefer?

Not modern day basically. I think the only modern-era "shooter" I enjoyed was Full Spectrum Warrior...

Just my preference really :-/

1 minute ago, OOPMan said:

Not modern day basically. I think the only modern-era "shooter" I enjoyed was Full Spectrum Warrior...

Just my preference really :-/

bluh bluh, is still gud gaem =3=

Just now, Cunicularius said:

bluh bluh, is still gud gaem =3=

Sure, so is Overwatch but it doesn't work for me visually or in terms of setting either. Go figure :-)

6 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

Sure, so is Overwatch but it doesn't work for me visually or in terms of setting either. Go figure :-)

Ok, fine, is still that I in particular enjoy for the aforementioned reason, which is interesting because I'm a picky player who is often unable to find a game still functioning that fully satisfies my desires. 

I hope that it will grow just as big as Project Reality, their first project. They, who did not left to make Squad, are still updating the BF2 mod, adding more and more features. If Squad will have enough money to implement ground and air vehicles, that will be so goddamn cool.

Was going to say @Dodge94HUN, I am a Project Reality player so I am wondering if Cuni should try that; however, you mention that SQUAD is an offshoot of PR? I was unaware of this, but it is what I thought of when I checked out the link.

Thinking about getting this . . .

. . . 10 minutes later after reading reviews, I bought it.

If you don't mind running with an old PR player @Cunicularius, I am game to run with you. Hope my PR skills can transfer over.

2 hours ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

Was going to say @Dodge94HUN, I am a Project Reality player so I am wondering if Cuni should try that; however, you mention that SQUAD is an offshoot of PR? I was unaware of this, but it is what I thought of when I checked out the link.

If you don't mind running with an old PR player @Cunicularius, I am game to run with you. Hope my PR skills can transfer over.

Add me, m8 http://steamcommunity.com/id/cunicularius/

me and @PityFool bought it last time it was on sale for 50% off. great game, pretty tactical. I actually played it again today. it can get REALLY intense (just last game we had us holding a point while being under constant fire from literally 3 sides for a solid 15 minutes, and it was the most intense and epic thing ever)

though it can also get really boring, lots of walking+just holding positions with no enemies to shoot at. and spawn times are like 60 seconds if you die, normally accompanied with a lot of walking afterwards unless you have a FOB or rally point down near where you want to be. 

however, great immersion, great teamplay, some epic firefights, pretty well polished for an alpha to be honest, and overall great fun. 

2 hours ago, Luna said:

early access :oscar:

Why Early Access?
“Considering the scale we would like to achieve and the time it will take to reach the full array of features we plan to deliver, it makes sense for us to allow our fans and the wider public access to the game while it is still in development. The nature of the game allows us to take very clean vertical slices (for example, infantry combat, vehicle combined arms warfare) and expand on them while we continue to develop new features in other areas. This allows the community to enjoy and support the game and its developers while work continues, a scenario which our development team is very familiar with, coming from a modding background where fast iteration and immediate player feedback are important.”
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“We are anticipating for Squad to remain in Early Access until mid 2017.”
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“In the full version, we are aiming for the support of 100 player servers with 50 players on each side. In addition what we have planned are a full compliment of vehicles for each faction, which goes from the small (motorbikes), all the way to helicopters. Lastly we intend to fully flesh out the Base Building system by including more deployables, refining the construction and supply systems.”
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“Currently Squad is in a stage where infantry combat is fully implemented with vehicles added in a "first pass" iteration. We are currently refactoring many older code systems and working on optimization as well as increasing the breadth of content.”
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“It has yet to be determined whether the price of the game will change during or after early access.”
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“Currently Squad developers are very active on the forums, discord and Reddit gathering feedback and bug reports to improve the game. We are also actively supporting the modding community and plan to add full mod support in early 2017.”

Game plays just fine, devs are very active... what's the problem? I'm enjoying myself.

7 hours ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

They started to develop Project Reality 2, but very soon everything went silent around the project and then Squad got announced.

5 hours ago, Dodge94HUN said:

They started to develop Project Reality 2, but very soon everything went silent around the project and then Squad got announced.

Sounds like they decided not to be paupers. Good for them.

Seems like the thing you have to focus on is not getting spotted first and moves that makes you get spotted first is bad because you will not be able to respond to getting spotted first.

Ran a few sessions in training mode. Very similar to Project Reality, a lot of key commands mapped over. Will hit a live server soon. Really looking forward to getting back into this. In PR though I was the guy that would lase targets for the guys in the A-10s, man it was a hoot to watch an A-10 come in, and watch munitions steer into an enemy tank. Lots of walking though to get to those juicy spots up in the hills.

On 12/30/2016 at 9:36 AM, MajorStewie said:

I just got it yesterday actually. Add me. Though I'm pretty bad at it atm.

dunno 

On 12/30/2016 at 5:30 PM, deathmachine16 said:

I've been holding off on buying it because I had no one to play with but I'll give it a shot

add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/cunicularius

Cuni, took your advice and jumped in, and ran into my first problem. Maybe you have some insight.

I have fairly moderate hearing loss. Which is not a big deal if I can split the audio sources, with Project Reality you can do this, i.e. ambient sounds through external speakers, voice comms through headset.

It looks as though SQUAD at this point doesn't support this, and I did find some references in the forums that seem to support this.

That said, it seems if I disable my main sound device, start SQUAD, and have only my headset running I can tweak ambient sounds very low, and just run voice on my headset. A pain in the ass, but I was wondering if you have come across anything different in this regard?