Sign in to follow this  
Rexxie

Ikv 90 Typ B, T7 TD

I started the grind on this vehicle today. Previously I had done OKish on the tier VI.

I turned on a two hour personal reserves for tank exp and crew exp.

If the Ikv 90 died, I jumped in that other well known tier VII td the UK line Challenger. Therefore for a two hour spell I played both back to back.

Result

Win rate better with Challenger because (a) turret, and (b) speed, can at a push be played as a rubbish medium.

Damage much higher in Ikv 90, because Challengers alpha is laughable.

Conclusion = Both bad. Challenger feels worse.

Taking @Siimcy's list above;

Pros:

• You can finally peek a ridge without getting insta spotted or get rekt in a matter of a second because the T6 platform is just too boxy to do this.
  • Gun has nice pen for its tier, I mostly fired AP only.
  • More DPM.
  • More HP on a(in my opinion!) better platform made it quite okay-ish.
  • You can push a bit more against certain targets while on the T6 you couldn't even push a tank a tier lower because of your abysmal DPM, and the lower silhouette of the Ikv 90 also helps.
  • Camo seems better (way better than Challenger)

Cons:

• Aimtime seems quite bad.
  • Engine seemed to get rekt a lot.
  • Accuracy was mostly "This tank is showing me its whole side armor? Better miss a few times!". Need to let the reticle settle more, by comparison the Challenger is almost capable of snap shooting (no it isn't in reality, only when compared to the Ikv 90).
  • alpha although better than the Challenger, is not as much feared as the tier VI is tier for tier.

15 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Ikv 90b Worst tank of the game?

WTF, the dev who put this in has f***** b**** c*****

just THINKING about presssing battle makes me so mad, soooo maaaaad

Its a nerfed Mle 46, and the mle 46 is alrdy a sack of shit...

I think the competition for worst tank in the game is particularly strong at tier VII amongst the tds.

Ikv 90b - is bad

AMX AC Mle 46 - is horrid

Challenger - is very challenging (to the sanity of the owner)

Sturer Emil - once it has the big gun a one trick pony, but the speed .....

which of the four to pick as the worst of the worst?

I do not own a Krupp-Streyer Waffentrager and so have no personal view on it, but it does not look very nice.

T25/2 was not in the game when I went up the USA line so I have never played it.

I personally did all right in the;

AT15a (premium)

AT7- goodness knows why it's as slow as hell

Jadgpanther - actually seems decent as tier VII tds go.

T25AT - seemed OKish.

5 hours ago, arthurwellsley said:

I think the competition for worst tank in the game is particularly strong at tier VII amongst the tds.

Ikv 90b - is bad

AMX AC Mle 46 - is horrid

Challenger - is very challenging (to the sanity of the owner)

Sturer Emil - once it has the big gun a one trick pony, but the speed .....

T25/2 was actually good when i played it (was before there was even gold ammo for credits, so ``quite long ago``)

AT-7 was also super strong, At-15a, no idea (but spmm + ton of hp + good armor, so i guess its also decent atleast) and JP is the best tier 7 TD, bar SU-152 (SU-122-44 has to shitty acc / pen imo, you need full gold more or less, since 175 pen on a TD is just worthless)

Turdwise, the challenger gets atleast a turret (i expected the worst, but it was all in all manageable), the sturer emil is ofc ghetto, BUT it gets a big boomstick (i did play it short after release, when there where many camp 2 win maps, nowadays it will be even worse i think) the Mle 46 is also ghetto, but its gun is all-round better (better gold, better acc, faster reload) allowing it to atleast dmg something, mobility wise, both are the same, they drive fast to a camp spot, the extra mobility of the Ikv is useless, you cant play like an E25.

the mle gets atleast some armor to bounce tier 5 tanks and wont be penned by HE / arty all day everyday, in return it gets no camo (harr harr, nice joker)

I think its close, but give the Mle 46 the upper hand, making the ikv the new real shitlord of tier 7

19 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

T25/2 was actually good when i played it (was before there was even gold ammo for credits, so ``quite long ago``)

AT-7 was also super strong, At-15a, no idea (but spmm + ton of hp + good armor, so i guess its also decent atleast) and JP is the best tier 7 TD, bar SU-152 (SU-122-44 has to shitty acc / pen imo, you need full gold more or less, since 175 pen on a TD is just worthless)

Turdwise, the challenger gets atleast a turret (i expected the worst, but it was all in all manageable), the sturer emil is ofc ghetto, BUT it gets a big boomstick (i did play it short after release, when there where many camp 2 win maps, nowadays it will be even worse i think) the Mle 46 is also ghetto, but its gun is all-round better (better gold, better acc, faster reload) allowing it to atleast dmg something, mobility wise, both are the same, they drive fast to a camp spot, the extra mobility of the Ikv is useless, you cant play like an E25.

the mle gets atleast some armor to bounce tier 5 tanks and wont be penned by HE / arty all day everyday, in return it gets no camo (harr harr, nice joker)

I think its close, but give the Mle 46 the upper hand, making the ikv the new real shitlord of tier 7

This line is amazing. You get a shit trier 5 that has super slow shells, no he shell and meh pen for only heat when same trier meds are actually 10x better even as camping tds

T6 - no dpm, low mounted gun, derpy, meh pen for such low alpha dpm

t7 - as good as t6 but you now see t9's so GTFO. 

As a reward you get 3 tanks that can't push nothing. Only defend.

Took me a bit but i managed to enjoy playing the little thing. It works as a scout with camp net and binos and you can get into some aggressive positions to piss off enemies with. Works very very well in prok, decent enough on other maps when you can work out where good firing lines are. I aced it a few times on prok and a few times in Muro, able to deal decent damage in city maps too since it was pretty good at scurrying away backwards. I think i aced it on Himmels too by winning the hill and shooting down onto enemies which couldn't spot me while i could spot them. 

Not as good as the SU-122-44 but a solid tank imho. 

I ran with a female crew and food. 

On 5.4.2017 at 4:24 PM, hazzgar said:

This line is amazing. You get a shit trier 5 that has super slow shells, no he shell and meh pen for only heat when same trier meds are actually 10x better even as camping tds

Tier 5 is actually somewhat workable, it just needs very weird and specific playstyle. Dont redline camp, its biggest mistake u will do with this tank. Use ridges, blast people for 300 dmg. Atleast the aimtime is pretty good so there is that. Never come to same place again unless enemies are retards and dont aim where you were. Late game flank and shoot heavies into ass. It has no traverse but its pretty fast so there is that.

Bottom tier try to play as passive scout using your ridiculous camo. The gun is ineffective at tier7 but atleast u can scout as the camo is retarded (think i have replay where i get 4-5k assist bottom tier on malinovka). Thats why i used binocs on this thing even tho i had pretty good crew and foods.

You also need to choose right targets. Always when possible try to focus on low-armored targets.

Tier 6 is fucking ass though. It has same reload as O-I Exp but has 60 less alpha than it. And we are comparing tier 6 TD with 0 armor compared to tier 5 heavy. What the actual fuck.

4 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Tier 5 is actually somewhat workable, it just needs very weird and specific playstyle. Dont redline camp, its biggest mistake u will do with this tank. Use ridges, blast people for 300 dmg. Atleast the aimtime is pretty good so there is that. Never come to same place again unless enemies are retards and dont aim where you were. Late game flank and shoot heavies into ass. It has no traverse but its pretty fast so there is that.

Bottom tier try to play as passive scout using your ridiculous camo. The gun is ineffective at tier7 but atleast u can scout as the camo is retarded (think i have replay where i get 4-5k assist bottom tier on malinovka). Thats why i used binocs on this thing even tho i had pretty good crew and foods.

You also need to choose right targets. Always when possible try to focus on low-armored targets.

Tier 6 is fucking ass though. It has same reload as O-I Exp but has 60 less alpha than it. And we are comparing tier 6 TD with 0 armor compared to tier 5 heavy. What the actual fuck.

I get that it is workable but it's still basically a t4 TD. You get slightly better heat pen for NO HE, Shit velocity, no armor. This is why I compared it to alecto 

The T4 Brit TD with the derp has

20 less alpha

650 more DPM!!!!

Same aim time

Slightly worse hidden gun stats on the move but better on traverse

0,07 worse acc (ok this matters)

7 deg less gun depression

2.5 more hp/t

10 deg better tank traverse

10kph less top speed

10m less vr

So to compare it. A t4 tank gets 650 more dpm, has a HE shell with similar gun stats and for it you get a slower tank with better top speed, slightly more accurate gun and good gun dep A TRIER HIGHER. 

I guess it will just skip this, wtf, like 6 defeats in a row, your a tier 6 td with awefull mm, wtf....

(a SU-100 with 100mm is flat out equal / better, trading some acc for dpm and some pen for armor, and thats a tier 6 TD, not using the best gun it has....)

Finished grinding by spending reserves so the torture was shorter.

Only good things are speed and camo values. Rest is absolute trash.

I began grinding this line because of the discount and female crews from Christmas event which stretched all the way to Tier 9. (I failed to get Tier 10 discount before the time was up though) Which get me to think "Why the hell not, I have good crews already, albeit must suffer 80% penalty for a tier or two, it still better than training 75% crews until you get 6th sense any day of the week"

Until I hit this Ikv 90. This tank really, really tempting me to free exp it, more than any tanks I've played so far. This thing is the few tanks that SPGs always do full damage despite the rework, every SPG I met will immediately dropped everything to focus on the Swedish TD once any of them get lit. It sluggish turning doesn't help, not to mention all the derp guns, those will focus on you too because HE auto pen this tank.

Result is that, if the team is lemming one way and cowed by a couple of tanks I'll have no way to break stalemate. I can only kemp bush and write that game off as lost - which is a lot of game lately.

But I must not give in, only 50k exp more and I'll get the UDES-3... at least that 288 pen should worth something.

Wholly hell this thing is really bad. I'd much prefer the tier 6 with buffed HP than this thing.

- Rear mounted gun makes it much worse in city map. The tier 6 is already bad in close quarters combat, but at least it could still do something if stuck on himmelsdorf. This thing is just completely hopeless.

- Rear mounted gun makes ridge poking awful. The tier 6 is very good at abusing ridges with a bush. Can't do it on this thing.

- Higher dpm cannot be put to use due to enemies having notably better view range in general. Tier 6 can still play vision despite the corridor meta due to how blind your enemies are. At tier 7.. you are out of luck. Just for an extra kick to the balls, you also lose a little camo value.

- Higher penetration is moot. It is actually worse tier for tier, especially for the premium ammo against heavies 2 tiers higher. Slightly shell velocity also makes negligible difference, as the tier 6 has sufficient shell velocity to lead a moving target on a ridge.

- Gun handling actually got worse...

This thing felt like a downgrade compared to the tier 6... I actually did far better in the tier 6.. or the pre-buff british challenger.

I probably just made a poor decision, moving up to the tier 7. I'd just started to grow fond of the mouse droid...

Let's see how this compares with the other rear mounted gun TD, the SU-100M1

This is 100% a ridiculously shitty research tree road block. It's so bad that can do nothing at all. No armor. Aim damn slow. Low/No DPM. Sluggish. Blind. Once I realized that all I do is find a good bush at far back wait and shoot careless folks and let the game decides itself. If the team melts and enemies getting to me I'm not even try to run because you can't.

I know I'm cursed with idiot teams today but still this TD is pure cancer. It's a worse su1001m, a worse ac 46 mie, a worse loltractor on t10. FFS. It gains 10m vr, a bit dpm and looses some camo over t6. How is this on t7? HOW?

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

I know I'm cursed with idiot teams today but still this TD is pure cancer. It's a worse su1001m, a worse ac 46 mie, a worse loltractor on t10. FFS. It gains 10m vr, a bit dpm and looses some camo over t6. How is this on t7? HOW?

Don't you love its gun handling too?

2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

It also loses accuracy from T6. And lets not forget that the T6 is shit too.

Gud line indeed.

1 hour ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Don't you love its gun handling too?

As much as I like getting stabbed in the dick

34 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

It also loses accuracy from T6. And lets not forget that the T6 is shit too.

Gud line indeed.

Gud belence comrade. T6 was shit but even with a loose streak at the begining I at least pulled 54.5% WR. Which given I don't know how to camp is only bad not horrible. This? I will be lucky to break 50%.

5 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Into a little punishment are we?

Well I bought this POS didn't I? 

Also first battle since I picked this up again - t9 ensk. An my team camps field despite obviously no one being there...

I'm not gonna pretend like this is a good tank, but I really don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be. Speed and camo go a long way, with aggressive play I'm able to keep up in dpg with most average/mediocre tier 7s, definitely nowhere near the bottom of the barrel stuff like the AMX AC 46. I feel like it is pretty strong at poking ridges at medium range and snapping people in the face with that tiny footprint, not something the tier 6 was able to do very well.

dDwtBHA.png

48 minutes ago, breeeze said:

I'm not gonna pretend like this is a good tank, but I really don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be. Speed and camo go a long way, with aggressive play I'm able to keep up in dpg with most average/mediocre tier 7s, definitely nowhere near the bottom of the barrel stuff like the AMX AC 46. I feel like it is pretty strong at poking ridges at medium range and snapping people in the face with that tiny footprint, not something the tier 6 was able to do very well.

dDwtBHA.png

What agresive play? it's blind so unless someone spot for you you are dead. Also it's not fast when it turns slower than a jpe100

Lol. Ace is at 1246exp

7 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

When sub 1600 dpg in a tier7 td is considered decent when all other tier7 tds easily attain 2k you know there's an issue

Yeah that DPG made me wonder since that seemed low even for a teal shitter like me.