Sign in to follow this  
Reluctor

T54 ltwt Hilarity ensues

http://wotreplays.com/site/3203041#redshire-reluctor-t-54_ltwt

So the beginning of the game is what I would like to get help with. I don't understand how to play a light from the north spawn very well. I'm coming back from a 4 month WoW hiatus and I'm having trouble getting my game senses back in order.

If you would like to watch for entertainment, skip towards the end, where I'm effectively pulling 3 tier 10 meds away and I think the 268 as well. I was laughing my but off in TS with my platoonie. Despite the low damage / spots I believe that those shenanigans won us the game because it split their team up so much.  

Thanks again in advance :)

In the early game I always go to the hedgerow in d6/7 as you'll spot everything on the f4 ridge and effectively suppress them. In your replay, no-one did that and so the other team on the f4 ridge stayed dark for minutes at a time.

Once they are suppressed, as long as there are no enemies in west that can shoot you, go up to the f4 ridge and peek it to suppress them even more. That usually results in your centre team pushing up and taking it. In your replay, they did the exact reverse to you.

Passive is fine for early minutes of a scouty map like Redshire. If you go to that hedge you can get many thousands of spotting dmg, then move up when it dries up.

When you came off ridge and moved west behind the E100 and IS4 you were way too exposed and lost a ton of hp. Use the village if you want to go up there.

For most of that game, don't you think you played like you were in a T54 rather than the T54lwt....?

Awesome advice, thank you very much. I need to really explore maps on my own outside of randoms for this kind of thing.

I'm not 100% how a T54 plays since I don't have one, but I think I played more like an ELC to be honest. I was doing a bit of "Hey look at me! I'm a low hp light tank. Come kill me, what could go wrong?!?!" Followed by support from my clan mate, good use of terrain, and a good bit of luck. If I were in a 1390 I would probably have tried to snipe more, same with a 131 / 132. Bull dog / m41 90 GF I would have probably gone for the same type of roll but not been spotted as often.

Thanks again Gryphon_.