onlytoughonline

What's the weakest link in my machine?

Here is my current build.  Runs great, but I'd like to squeeze a bit more out of it.  The CPU is clocked at 4.5 and maintains that easily at decent temps.  I'm personally thinking monitor and cooling plus a couple more sticks of RAM wouldn't be a bad idea.  But if there are any glaring weaknesses that any of you would fix first, please let me know.  I'm only looking at 1440 monitors btw.  Thanks in advance!

The monitor is definitely disappointing. 5ms response time, 1080p, I'd definitely replace it immediately.

The G15's lack of mechanical keys, and outdated digital display cries for an upgrade. The DeathAdder could be upgraded or replaced entirely by a far better company like Roccat or Logitech. But if the mouse still works, and perfectly satisified with how it feels/performs, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I would personally prefer having a liquid-cooled build, but if you have good enough air flow and don't mind the noise, getting another CPU cooler (preferably from Noctua or Cooler Master) would be a good choice.

1 hour ago, dashnog said:

The DeathAdder could be upgraded or replaced entirely by a far better company like Roccat or Logitech.

Literally nothing wrong with the deathadder. It only has a shit reputation due to the larger number of units sold. Roccat is actually complete trash. Having swapped between Logitech to SteelSeries to the Razer Deathadder, there's practically no performance variances. It's more about comfort unless you are looking for more out of a mouse (customizable buttons/macros/adjustable weights/grip types).

I like your build as is.  The only difference from mine is you hav 2x8 mb Ram I run 4x4 mb sticks.  You could add 2 more 8 mb sticks but 32 mb Ram its not isn't really needed in any games I know of

You could get a 1080 video card, but again its really not necessary

You could get another 500 SSD as well it would be nice to have

Quite similar to my current build (980ti, i7 6700k, 16gb ram). I would say don't worry about upgrading your actual PC components anymore until the 1080Ti comes out (has been leaked to be coming soon). When that comes out, get that, then get yourself a 4k monitor ;)

That said, it's a very capable rig and more than enough for WoT.

edit:

You might want to look at getting yourself one of those Corsair H series liquid coolers. They're pretty awesome.

IMHO the monitor.  If your build is for hard-core gaming look for a monitor with 1ms response time and at least 120 Hz refresh rate with 144 preferred.  The video card you have will support that higher-end monitor no problem.

2 hours ago, megaflex4000 said:

It's you. You are the weak link.

Give your computer to someone more deserving and go live in a forest or a cave like filthy animal you are.

The new year has barely begun and you are already screaming for a vacation? I think I can arange that.

3 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

Give your computer to someone more deserving and go live in a forest or a cave like filthy animal you are

:foreveralone: uhhh, you mad bro?

Just wow ... wrong in so many ways

On 02/01/2017 at 7:21 AM, Fulcrous said:

Literally nothing wrong with the deathadder. It only has a shit reputation due to the larger number of units sold. Roccat is actually complete trash. Having swapped between Logitech to SteelSeries to the Razer Deathadder, there's practically no performance variances. It's more about comfort unless you are looking for more out of a mouse (customizable buttons/macros/adjustable weights/grip types).

I use a Roccat Kone Pure, and if gave the option again would buy another one in an instant.

Its the most comfortable mouse Ive ever used, and Ive had it for 3 years now. 

@OP, there isnt really a "weak" link in that system lol... The weakest thing I can see is probably the monitor, but really there isnt much to choose. 

I dont see the point in upgrading RAM, 16GB is fine. 

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

I use a Roccat Kone Pure, and if gave the option again would buy another one in an instant.

its the most comfortable mouse Ive ever used, and Ive had it for 3 years now.

I only remember roccat having absurd designs for mice that just felt awkward to hold. Might be different now looking at the Kone Pure.

Hilariously enough very few people recommend roccat. Results obviously vary between people but it is interesting to note very few recommend it over others.

Just now, Fulcrous said:

I only remember roccat having absurd designs for mice that just felt awkward to hold. Might be different now looking at the Kone Pure.

Hilariously enough very few people recommend roccat. Results obviously vary between people but it is interesting to note very few recommend it over others.

I tried a bunch of mice when I was buying, and it fits my hand absolutely perfectly. I actually have a G403 as well atm, but I use that for my laptop instead because the Roccat is just so comfortable to hold. 

the only complaint I have about it is that the surface can absorb your sweat a bit and it can get really dirty really easily like that. however that same surface is very nice to hold in your hand so its a fair tradeoff. 

8 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

I tried a bunch of mice when I was buying, and it fits my hand absolutely perfectly. I actually have a G403 as well atm, but I use that for my laptop instead because the Roccat is just so comfortable to hold.

the only complaint I have about it is that the surface can absorb your sweat a bit and it can get really dirty really easily like that. however that same surface is very nice to hold in your hand so its a fair tradeoff. 

Yeah. In that case it was probably the right decision to get roccat purely due to comfort factor for you.

17 hours ago, megaflex4000 said:

Give your computer to someone more deserving and go live in a forest or a cave like filthy animal you are.

You're a nice bloke