zapyoug

What is and isn't legal (mods)

With quite a few changes to which mods have recently been labeled and legal & illegal for WOT I figured I would make a thread for new info on this stuff.

Old Autoaim+ (with the lock on through walls functionality) is officially an llegal mod on NA (I don't know about EU) and I've heard from quite a few people that zoom out is illegal on NA and EU but I have not seen any sources backing that up.

If anyone has official sources on changes to what is allowed, posting them here would be greatly appreciated (specifically with sources & specification on what server this applies to)

Edited by zapyoug
updated information

1 minute ago, Spinee said:

That one is relatively vague, no mention of zoom outs or assisted vanilla auto aim lock on.

It only mentions the obvious stuff that is generally pretty well known already.

Auto aim+ was updated and no longer allow lock if the target is not highlighted. It only tell you if you are lock on a target and which target. It is therefore now allowed since it is following the WG policy.

f*ck me not another one...

Autoaim+ in its CURRENT form is legal. In its previous form it was illegal.

However even its current form is coming into question, as it partially automates the repair kit process and fully automates large repair kits based on tank damage. The rest is ok though (even if it is insanely easy to enable the snapping!).

If you want to play safe - don't use it, simple!

1 hour ago, It's_Matra said:

If you want to play safe - don't use it, simple!

^This exactly.

You can't be sure, how sophisticated WG's detection method is, and how it works exactly. You have now way to know, if any of the bans were false positive detection by the software. Imho it's not worth it to use mods.

4 hours ago, It's_Matra said:

owever even its current form is coming into question, as it partially automates the repair kit process and fully automates large repair kits based on tank damage. The rest is ok though (even if it is insanely easy to enable the snapping!).

Wasn't that illegal even under the old fair play policy?

On 06/01/2017 at 4:56 PM, monty50k said:

Wasn't that illegal even under the old fair play policy?

No - fully automated use of non-premium consumables were/are. The rest is a little grey at the moment still.

As it still required user input (for non-premium consumables) it was essentially the same as a macro on a keyboard. To be fair it's a clever interpretation of the rules - but WG can change their interpretation stance anytime they like!