Kymrel

Help me figure out why i suck in the Emil (hello bot WR)

Hey guys

Today I finished my 100th game in the Emil I. Suffice it to say that I have not been enjoying the ride. The tank itself is fine. The gun is a meatball shooter that will almost never hit or pen all four shots, but we knew that. What I don't get is how in hell I can have a 39% WR after 100 games in this tier 8 heavy when my stats in it are pretty similar to other tier 8 heavies. I mean, FFS, bots get a better WR!

Getting tier tens in 7 out of 10 games and nines in 2 out of 10 is part of the problem. As is the fact that arty seems to love shitting on this tank above anyone else with the shitty side armor and the novelty factor combined with XVM fapping. I got shot by arty, while moving, when close to a stationary Grille (we had similar stats, both blueberries, and both were spotted). I know it's not helping that I played the damn thing for about 30-40 games during the holidays (when you can't even begin to guess what the 29 baddies in the game will do and why is that fucking bat suiciding by yoloing me?) but that can't explain the stats.

Emil_50-100_110.jpg

Looking at the stats I note that I have a damage output similar to most of my other tier 8 heavies in the Emil. I have the 110 as a comparison but the rest are pretty similar, depending on how long it has been since I played them. Between 1700 and 1800 seems pretty normal for me there. The AMX 50-100 is an exception, but then as it is a mobile autoloader with a good clip it excels at cleaning up at the end of the game and assassinating lonely targets mid-game, something the much slower Emil I wuth it's smaller clip and derpy gun gets less of. And I get even less of a chance to clean up when I lose 61% of the games.

I spot fewer opponents in the Emil. That is clear. I am trying very hard not to yolo in the damn thing but am still fairly aggressive, and in the tier 10 games there tends to be an overabundance of meds and lights that spot the baddies before I do, and I tend not to lead the pack when I have to go with the heavies.

So, eh. Help?

There is a simply solution:

1. Do not play during holidays.

2. Do not play during x2 for every win.

If you are using XVM please give us one or two replays full of average (above 50WR) players so we may tell you something more.

I will give it a shot, running 58% after 111 games. Maybe I got carried, maybe lucky, but I played mine a lot over the holidays.

Things I keep in mind while running it, which applies to all tiers it gets.

1.) Rice paper hull.

2.) Worst  gun handling ever, especially if you are used to German laser guns.

3.) My first "real" auto loader so that intra-clip shell reload seems gawd awful slow, making me really choosy about engagements.

4.) Unless top tier, I play as a medium. I always try to force the engagement on my terms, a.k.a. ridge line fighting.

5.) If I can't ridge line, I run with meds and wolfpack, but I am never first to fire, always a clean up surprise factor for whomever we isolate.

Just ignore if all this was obvious, I really like the EMIL, it should be fun for someone more capable than I.

Without seeing some representative games, I have no idea what you're doing wrong in the Emil I. Having said that, I started off poorly in it (first 30 odd games were 30-40% WR) then ended up at 60%+. Here were the mistakes I made:

1. Overtrusting the armor and exposing too long or against too many high-pen guns
2. Playing too far away from the brawl and thus being unable to pen/land shots

I basically switched to a bully style. I studied the armor breakpoints, and decided to take on guns I could reliably bounce at a range where I could pen 3-4 shots. I also heavily leaned on track shots-- 3 secs between shots doesn't matter if the other tank is still. Generous premium APCR use helped too. I played like an opportunistic coward against tanks with 260+ pen.

I have around 100 battles played in mine so far and mostly all have been solo and seem to be doing ok in it. It relies on allies to protect you after you dump your clip and are reloading so if you play it during evenings and/or weekends don't expect good results in a tank like this with a bunch of bots on your teams every battle. I have played around 4 battles in it in a platoon and this is where the tank really excels. Having one or two allies that you can count on really helps with this auto loader tank. They can protect you while you re-load and also tank shots so you can dump your clip on enemy tanks. Somebody mentioned above that unless they are top tier, play it like a medium. It has good mobility for a heavy tank so sometimes I like to go to the "medium tank" areas of maps and bully the enemy medium tanks. You have no trouble penetrating their thinner hulls compared to having to fight tier 10 heavy tanks from the front. I don't have a lot of experience playing auto-loader heavies so I am learning new things with this tank and how I can manage the clip reloading etc.

Here are my crappy stats in it:

shot_008.jpg

21 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Moved to Tape Study. Post a replay or five @Kymrel

Will do tonight.

On 1/8/2017 at 9:46 AM, MacusFlash said:

There is a simply solution:

1. Do not play during holidays.

2. Do not play during x2 for every win.

If you are using XVM please give us one or two replays full of average (above 50WR) players so we may tell you something more.

Actually I saw this post from MacusFlash and noticed that it was a 2x weekend. Hadn't been paying much attention to that. So I went ahead and just plowed through the Emil I with a personal reserve booster active as well. It actually went by rather fast like that, but I also feel I was playing better (WN8 up to around 2600, session WR getting close to 60%).

So now I have a shiny new Emil II in the garage and have sold the Emil I. I will post the replays though, since I figure the playstyle between the I and the II might be pretty identical. The Emil II seems to have a much more reliable turret and isn't as outclassed by tier 10s, but the style seems similar.

Hey guys

I've uploaded some replays. I picked them pretty much at random, but tried to include some none-tier 10s since in some of the tier 10 games it didn't really matter too much what I tried to do since a bunch of tier 10s just derped out. 

Warning: There might be some (very) salty language in some of those.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3238782?secret=ab7402e3ec8d2e2b7cdd39c32bd0e365

http://wotreplays.com/site/3238783?secret=ab7402e3ec8d2e2b7cdd39c32bd0e365

http://wotreplays.com/site/3238785?secret=ab7402e3ec8d2e2b7cdd39c32bd0e365

http://wotreplays.com/site/3238786?secret=ab7402e3ec8d2e2b7cdd39c32bd0e365

http://wotreplays.com/site/3238787?secret=ab7402e3ec8d2e2b7cdd39c32bd0e365

http://wotreplays.com/site/3238788?secret=ab7402e3ec8d2e2b7cdd39c32bd0e365