Tankthief

Synergy between friends. Losing and Winning with Unicuns

I am been playing this game for over 4 years, and alot of "WoT Friends" came and gone. And one of the things that bothers me much is why i cant play to my max powers with some guys, meanwhile i can fully do what i am able to with others.

The Synergy, or Chemistry between people, seems to really trasspass the limits of internet. I have had countless players of similar skills who i can really platoon well and win 10-20 games in a row, and do 90% in a good night or 60% in a bad one. But there are some who i just cant work with, and there is no reason whatsoever. People like me or even better who i can´t pull 2-3 wins in a row and we ended up rage quitting. probably thinking the same think: "We are good, so WTF is going on". And in the next day we try again and "WTF is going on AGAIN" and again and again....

It can be totally different styles of gameplay, but when you reach the purple level there is not a huge difference between them.

Have you guys had similar experiences?

Similar experience here, you can't make thit up, you can't force it. I would rather play with a 1500wn8 player who i get along very well rather than a salty/ragy unicum who can't accept anything in the game. 

Your playstyle in platoons has to vary between the people who you play with. With some (players like Vetro, Spirit, and others I can't remember), we both have aggressive playstyle that compliment each other extremely well, because it leads to being able to just stomp over flanks quickly. Others I have platooned with in the past (Akula off the top of my head), have a much more passive and slow progression play. With that, I need to keep my pushing in check and focus more on HP conservation and baiting enemies into crossfire (though sometimes I forget, Yolo, and die). Not to say that it's wrong or bad, it's just different. 

Not going to comment on your playstyle Luna. People that have platooned/played with you can judge for themselves. But I will say, the worst session I've had in 2 years was platooning with you while trying to grind the Emil 2. As far as my play, you're welcome to watch my previous streams and judge for yourself https://www.twitch.tv/akulav_na/videos/all

3 minutes ago, AkulaV said:

Not going to comment on your playstyle Luna. People that have platooned/played with you can judge for themselves. But I will say, the worst session I've had in 2 years was platooning with you while trying to grind the Emil 2. As far as my play, you're welcome to watch my previous streams and judge for yourself https://www.twitch.tv/akulav_na/videos/all

By all means go ahead and judge, I want to hear. 

Ok... you are known to use your platoon and team to farm damage. Never actually lead a push, take hits/share hp, nor try to win matches. Your only goal is to farm as much damage (wn8) as you can at all costs, even if it means throwing the match.

I can't watch this at work right now, but this should be one of the matches from that session https://www.twitch.tv/akulav_na/v/109727749

I'm pretty sure I remember trying to keep you alive by pushing off enemies. What WR did we end up with? 55%? For comparison, here is a session I played a few days later with canadianimpact (103B) and Dodoma (Ru251).

MvkG1uK.jpg

I've also platooned with @HELIONIST on and off for about 2 years now, maybe he can chime in about my playstyle when platooning with him.

He should 'toon with me, then.  I'm pretty dopey and take lots of hits I shouldn't!  Actually, sort of working on that one.

I get what the original OP is talking about though.  There is chemistry (of the metaphorical kind) at work here.  I was playing in a 'toon with a guy from another clan a few weeks ago, and we started doing fastbois and our playstyles just clicked. We were blitzing the matches, cleaning up flanks like crazy.  I think we lost one of the battles we played out of a dozen or more.  

Most of the friends I have played with where that happens have left the game, though.  

Dammmmmm why didnt l see this thread before... Anyways as for @AkulaV playstyle l can say its one of the most aggressive ones you will find on NA which l have been part for almost 2 years . You see players like Luna have this idea that their playstyle is so good that none can match it when in fact its just a wn8/dmg padding one but when they play with other unicums they rage quit after 4 battles since they cant keep up with their aggression or their skill level. So its simple Luna cant play with other unicums unless he can use them or out dmg them which he has never been able too thats why he plays with blues (no offense)  . 

l usually dont keep track of session stats but since AkulaV is the one of the few friends l play the most l avg 80-90% winrate in 25-30 games , after that l stop playing cuz l get bored of winning . 

There's definitely some players who just read the map the same way I do, and I find those players are the one's whom I click with.  Purples who just sit and wait to be fed in low expected tanks really aren't fun and don't usually get repeat invites. There's some genuinely skilled damage farmers though,  who wont just sit and wait,  but actually make moves,  can take advantage of my moves and know when to spend to get the maximum result - I'll gladly drive a HT for those players,  or scout for them. 

So basically people who want to make tactical moves and read it right,  always being in the right place at the right time,  that's my chemistry. 

27 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

I think your fighting made Garbad come back!  Keep it up and maybe we can rez MaxL and Toni!

MaxL is too busy streaming Space Engineers these days to rage at everyone in tanks while simultaneously bleating autistically play this shit game.

5 hours ago, AkulaV said:

Ok... you are known to use your platoon and team to farm damage. Never actually lead a push, take hits/share hp, nor try to win matches. Your only goal is to farm as much damage (wn8) as you can at all costs, even if it means throwing the match.

I can't watch this at work right now, but this should be one of the matches from that session https://www.twitch.tv/akulav_na/v/109727749

I'm pretty sure I remember trying to keep you alive by pushing off enemies. What WR did we end up with? 55%? For comparison, here is a session I played a few days later with canadianimpact (103B) and Dodoma (Ru251).

MvkG1uK.jpg

I've also platooned with @HELIONIST on and off for about 2 years now, maybe he can chime in about my playstyle when platooning with him.

F

3 hours ago, HELIONIST said:

after that l stop playing cuz l get bored of winning . 

Oh my. Well if that's ever a problem, play with me!

(j/k i think i'd implode from feeling bad at my (un)skill level.)

3 hours ago, HELIONIST said:

I played with vetro's 103-0 for 70 something games in a row and only found disappointment hehe xd

but on a serious note 12 hours of wot with 80% W/R is easy if you play with people who arent there to take fucking hits for you.