Tankthief

Synergy between friends. Losing and Winning with Unicuns

I personally find that I by far do best with other people who play hyperaggro

@1n_Soviet_Russia @Luna and @SkittlesOfSteeI have been by far the easiest people for me to synergize with throughout the entire time I've played. We all like to use roughly the same positions and its really easy to read who is doing what even when not in TS together. Also all incredibly hard people to kill when we aren't 
A: drowning

B: falling off a cliff

C: sideways/upsidedown for some reason

D:being pushed into A, B or C by our toonmate

Relevant because retard yolo's often result in fighting a 2v6 with only minimal pubbie sniper support so if your toonie dies easily or is just bad and went the wrong way then it doesn't work.

I rarely platoon, but when I do it's only really for fun. The game is a lesser challenge when you stack the odds in your favour regarding teammates, so when I do get around to it I really don't care about how they play, it's more a social thing than a performance thing by far.

Of course, if they go ahead and do something stupid I'll make the best out of the situation (farming off of his retard yolo spots for example) but that isn't the purpose of my platmates. I rarely tell my toonmates to do anything whatsoever etc. I don't see the fun in micromanaging other people on the expense of your own performance, then I'd rather go solo again. 

I do remember liking platoons with BPX and Devilishred because they compliment eachother so well that I can pretty much do whatever I want and if I fuck up they'll always be there to save the day, or the game is already won before I can do just that :serb: 

50 minutes ago, zapyoug said:

@1n_Soviet_Russia @Luna and @SkittlesOfSteeI have been by far the easiest people for me to synergize with throughout the entire time I've played. We all like to use roughly the same positions and its really easy to read who is doing what even when not in TS together. Also all incredibly hard people to kill when we aren't 

Relevant because retard yolo's often result in fighting a 2v6 with only minimal pubbie sniper support so if your toonie dies easily or is just bad and went the wrong way then it doesn't work.

I miss you and VILIN

I like to play solo mostly, like kolni. But when I do platoon it's usually 2-man platoon with the same few guys that I've been platooning for years. I don't consider myself a wn8 or dpg whore, but I cant deal with having 3k dpg sessions in tier10s for example, so triple platoon is no-no for me most of the time. It's too "stressful" to run after damage every damn game, since my natural playstyle is pretty cautious. Maybe I've just played too much Leopard 1:serb:

What I dont like either is that everyone in the platoon takes the same tanks (3x140, 3x50b etc) What's the point in that? In my mind the whole point of platooning is the said synergy and that the tanks strengthen each others weaknesses. Something like 50b, E5 & BC sounds optimal...

Platooning is really insane in this game...

I usually played solo and when I platoon it's with my friends and colleagues who are just as old as I am but struggle to even reach 1k WN8. Heck, one of my colleague is at 400 WN8 after 5k games...

But sometimes I get to platoon with the son of my friend and his friend and they are at like 2.5k recent (aka mediocre like me). And thats a WORLD of a difference. We still end up in bad situations and often don't play together but our winrate instantly rockets to 70%+.

3 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

I usually played solo and when I platoon it's with my friends and colleagues who are just as old as I am but struggle to even reach 1k WN8. Heck, one of my colleague is at 400 WN8 after 5k games...

But sometimes I get to platoon with the son of my friend and his friend and they are at like 2.5k recent (aka mediocre like me). And thats a WORLD of a difference. We still end up in bad situations and often don't play together but our winrate instantly rockets to 70%+.

next the pubbies will be like

REMOVE_PLATOONS_FROM_THE_GAME

*only applies to 55+ wr players Kappa

I platoon almost exclusively with http://wotlabs.net/na/player/hattoriluxferre and it usually works out to at least a 60% w/r. Chemistry is real in this game cause me and him have played so long we know what each other are going to do so we save hp or yolo accordingly. Ive played with unicums, tomatos, and everything in between and found most arnt really enjoyable to play with. Best toon mates are the ones that know how to react off you or vise versa.

@zapyoug how would you rate our duo plats? :eww: (which we havn't done in a while b/c ew timezones and other shit)

For me though, I'm usually the meatshield pubbie smasher distraction shitter that my platoonmates use so they can farm all the pubbies.... and the other times I kinda just derp out and die in a horrific and stupid fashion and they just :facepalm: (while i yell "#JustClickerThings" and "brb AFK!")

aka I'm a baddie that's usually bad and sometimes plays good but not really and people still play with me... sometimes

FxhRg36.gif

zHpI99w.gif

@KnobbyHobbGoblin @jacobhunter3006 @Fifty_Shades_Of_Socks @GymLeader_Surge @Assassin7 @neziho @AncientObliterator @_Juris @Joyrider216

10 hours ago, zapyoug said:

You'd hate me then because I went from hyper aggro to chai sniping shitlord because I dont want to be lit for arty.

qhVKWg7.png

pic related

muh 62% survival rate :serb:

34 minutes ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

@zapyoug how would you rate our duo plats? :eww: (which we havn't done in a while b/c ew timezones and other shit)

For me though, I'm usually the meatshield pubbie smasher distraction shitter that my platoonmates use so they can farm all the pubbies.... and the other times I kinda just derp out and die in a horrific and stupid fashion and they just :facepalm: (while i yell "#JustClickerThings" and "brb AFK!")

aka I'm a baddie that's usually bad and sometimes plays good but not really and people still play with me... sometimes

Unicums platoon with scrubs like us because we enable wins/aren't too shit but don't steal damage either/distraction while they farm damage Kappa

Free winrate padding(and at times wn8 padding when full yolo double unicums wreck enemy team and you get to farm damage along) :PogChamp:

2 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

I will platoon with anyone that actively tries to do something to win. I try to avoid those who simply use people as meatshields

I get scared to platoon with new people, I feel like i let them down sometimes and they'll just say fuck off. In other news, I love winning too! I'm happy both my account's overall w/r's are over 55% and recent w/r's are ~64% =/

3 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

I will platoon with anyone that actively tries to do something to win. I try to avoid those who simply use people as meatshields

Pretty much the same, with the added requirement that you not be 100% toxic on comms.  It's hard to stay off tilt if you have a continuous stream of negativity in your ear.  Otherwise, i'll pretty much platoon with anyone that isn't actively team-killing (or obviously out only for their own damage at the expense of wins and helping platoonmates - this is also one of the easiest ways to completely and totally fail eval platoons).

1 minute ago, Fulcrous said:

*cough* me when im super tilt *cough*

Negative.  You just get a little agitated.  I'm talking about full-on, vein-popping rage and 9 of every 10 words being expletives...  

2 hours ago, Pompous_Magnus said:

Last time I played with Luna he yoloed mid in WT E100 complained and then rage quit. 

Damn, that has been awhile...

I usually tend to platoon with blues if I can, just because I like to try to learn a little and improve. I've found that the fake blues (very cautious WN8 padders) are frustrating to play with, and I learn only that if I camp and sacrifice my team mates I can have shiny numbers. Fake purples are equally useless for my process. If people can't appreciate aggressive risk and react to it, there is no point in trying to platoon imo. Pubs red line snipe. I need a team mate who can actually help lock down key positions for a win (east side in Cliff as a prime example).

I still -can- platoon with anyone, but I just end up playing as if I were solo with the exception of having someone to laugh with when enemies get ammo racked.