Canoodian

The Team Kill System | A quick guide on why the guy who shot you isnt blue based on my observations of how the tk system works

Since I havent yet seen a guide on how the tk system works, and it doesnt seem its an official wiki topic I decided to put together a post on my casual observations:

Its relatively easy to tk someone and not get banned if fit a few requirements. There are pros and cons with the current system, but Im generally ok with it (fire and grinding ticks could use some work though).

The following chart applies when you havent done much tk damage recently, none previously in the current game and are in a normal tank firing none he rounds outside of the cap circle.*

Im pretty sure it misses a few things, and some might be inaccurate but Im not keen on doing more "study" outside of what I pickup playing normally.

for example,

Some things I dont know:

• At what rate you reset to normal after becoming blue or under what conditions. ( Ibelieve you can get out of that state faster by doing more damage and less team damage)

• How the base amplifier works (but generally you really dont want to tk in base).

Some things I do know:

• There is more leniency for non damaging critical shots like de-tracking a team mate

• There is more leniency for non damaging critical shots like detracting a team mate

• Each tick of fire or ground damage counts as a separate hit.

• thanks to low tiers I know that it seems each tank or perhaps tier has a limit amount of hp before you can turn blue/get banned regardless of hits.

• If you get banned, after a while the increasing tiers of bans (1 hour, 1day, 1week, 1 month) reset (back to 1 hour).

Glossary:

• 1 Damaging shot is a shot which does damage and nothing else inherently.

• 1 fire in addition to the damage of the shot.

• Extinguisher is an automatic one which assumes one tick of damage.

• Kill shots, like fires are team kills in addition to the shots damage.

• Result is what happens to you if you do it.

Damaging Shots Fire Extinguisher Killing shots Result
1 n na 0 Nothing
1 n na 1 Nothing
1 y y 1 blue
1 y n 1 ban
--- --- --- --- ----
2 n na 0 Nothing
2 n na 1 blue
2 y y 0 ban
2 y y 1 ban
2 y n 1 ban
2 n na 2 ban
2 y y 2 ban
2 y n 2 ban
--- --- --- --- ----
3 na na na ban

I just thought this post might help for people confused with the tk system as Ive yet to see any real concrete post about how this system works (I guess to avoid people trying to abuse it), but I think knowing the system can be pretty handy while still serving as effective deterrence against trolling and team killing.

I also think it can help particularly someone on the receiving end of griefing as they will have the tools necessary to escape without rage killing, turning blue or getting banned.

If Im missing anything, or anything is just plainly incorrect, feel free to correct me. As this is just what Ive casually observed im sure some will be, but hoepfully this is or can become useful.

Also i think there is 3 days after 1 day but i could be wrong. 

Also this is not 100% accurate. 3 damaging (non-kill) shots are not enough to ban you; instead, 3 shots makes you blue. When your blue and hit ally once more, THEN you get banned, though.

I think alpha damage has some kind of factor aswell. When i played Pz 1C long time ago and someone came in front of me, i hit him like 4-5 times and didnt even turn blue.

Good post, tho

56 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

When you're blue and hit ally once more, THEN you get banned, though.

Not if you auto-aim on an enemy tank, while shooting your ally, but you can only do this once, and only if you don't have previous history team dmg.

Ramming also counts as damage. I once got somebody banned that had shot me 3 times and then I rammed him. We both took damage, so it was his 4th damage on me.  So he got banned. 

2 hours ago, PieterJ said:

Ramming also counts as damage. I once got somebody banned that had shot me 3 times and then I rammed him. We both took damage, so it was his 4th damage on me.  So he got banned. 

Wow, I got ram killed on enemy cap by a teammate and he didn't even turn blue, let alone banned.

IIRC a moderator on the Asia WoT forum let us in a bit deeper into the system. He/she said that how you do damage is taken into consideration while weighing your "punishment points,"

e.g.

Directly aiming at a teammate, letting it aim in, and shoot, penetrate and cause damage-

Vs.

Same as above, but there are enemies near the center of your crosshair (i.e. you're trying to assist your teammate in the middle of a knifefight)-

Vs.

Accidentally shooting a teammate, with or without killing them, regardless of alpha, as they drive into your line of fire,

Is all weighed differently, with the former netting the most "punishment points" and the latter getting you the least.

Also, a fairly recent Jingles video features a platoon of Bert griefers, all three hindering a T-34/100 movements, all the while causing minor damage as they each rammed themselves into the 100. The 100 himself suffers no damage from this. None of the Berts turned blue after an extended period of time, but as soon as the 100 loses patience and shot one of them, killed it and he immediately turned blue. I noted that at that point at least one of the Bert has lost more than half of his HP.

I also once seen a T67 on a failplat rammed himself to death into a KV-5 from full HP. The KV-5 turned blue.

On 2017-01-11 at 8:25 AM, PieterJ said:

maybe because it was his first damage? Also, you don't get a message that they are banned. They just stop moving and stop spewing bullshit in chat....

I've had 2 different scenarios happen to me. I've accidentally done team damage to a  teammate on their cap....no prior team damage and I've been auto banned 1 hr and turned blue because of being on enemy cap. I thought team damage while on cap (theirs and yours) turned you blue instantly.