Duckwalk

Top Tier Clam Requirements

Question

A couple of questions regarding clams/clam war.

1. What's more important to top tier clams? The size of your stable, individual skill level or both? For instance I'm currently sitting at 60+ WR and 1700+ WN7 for the last 60 days however I only own a Batchat. Will my lack of additional clan wars approved tanks prevent me from joining a top tier clan or would that possibly be overlooked because of potential skill level?

2. How well does tier 8 experience translate to tier 10/clan wars gameplay? Do I need to just forget it and come back after finishing my e5, t57, and 62a grind plus knocking out a couple thousand tier X games?

11 answers to this question

Once your Batchat is locked, will you really drag your team down by bringing a tier 9?

Tier 10 is noticeably different from tier 8, due to both the higher general skill if the players, and the much higher likelihood of facing 'good' platoons.

You need at least 5 T10 tanks with preferably more in the pipeline.

The metagame difference between T8 and T10 random battles is not that big. The difference between T8 randoms and T8 companies is immense. T8 companies are not that different from CW battles (difference between T10 random and CW is way bigger than T8 company and CW). Teamplay is everything in CW.

So prep up your TC skills instead of playing your T10 tanks in randoms.

Tier 10 is different than tier 8, though as somebody suggested above, playing tier 8 tank companies with decent teams *might* prep you a little bit for clan wars.  As far as top tier clans and how many tanks you need, it sort of depends on the clan.  Most will want multiple tier 10s but from my experience it doesn't seem absolutely necessary.

1. You're going to need more than a batchat if you want to do clan wars. What happens if it gets locked for 150 hours? You'll have nothing to play with!

2. While you can learn a lot about team play at tier 8 TC, you need to have games on your tier 10s, not only to ensure you have good crew on them, but also to make sure you know how to drive those tanks. Going by your list of future Tier 10s to get - T32, T69, and T44 don't really paint an accurate picture of what the E5, T57 and 62A are actually like.

A couple of questions regarding clams/clam war.

1. What's more important to top tier clams? The size of your stable, individual skill level or both? For instance I'm currently sitting at 60+ WR and 1700+ WN7 for the last 60 days however I only own a Batchat. Will my lack of additional clan wars approved tanks prevent me from joining a top tier clan or would that possibly be overlooked because of potential skill level?

2. How well does tier 8 experience translate to tier 10/clan wars gameplay? Do I need to just forget it and come back after finishing my e5, t57, and 62a grind plus knocking out a couple thousand tier X games?

A top tier clan wants a stable and W/R. 1 T10 will not net you a clan now that locking is involved. That Wn7 is pretty solid, so no problems there. You just need more tanks!

T8 gameplay also differs substantially from T10, as you probably have noted if you've played your bat. For a top tier clan--come back once you've got at least another T10. For ease of grinding join a smaller(yet not bad) clan that will take you as you grind em up.

Thanks for all the replies.

Up until recently I've been playing either solo and with a real life friend of same approximate skill level. I now believe I'm ready to move on to "end game" content, namely clan wars. As I don't own enough tier X tanks to be appealing to top tier clans yet can y'all recommend other avenues available to meet and/platoon with purplez/gud@tanks players and clans?

Specifically, how cliquish is the clan wars community? Do players generally only platoon inside their own clans? Is there any special etiquette involved in platooning or asking to platoon with other players? The lack of a coherent general chat or the ability to converse with players after a game seems to have negatively impacted the potential to meet peoples.

Joining top 10 clam is actually more about who you know then necessarily how good you are.

I've gotten a friend into a top 10, even tho he only has 1 t10, because told the commander he's a great player/active and his wn7/wr is high enough.

Generally for recruitment, I tend to notice that people really don't care about your 60 day wn7 and shit, it's mostly your overall w/r and t9/10 dpg.

Was playing with coolone earlier, and he said spicy really, really doesn't want rerolls or people who look like rerolls(aka low # of games, not many t10s, padded with low dpg)

Up until recently I've been playing either solo and with a real life friend of same approximate skill level. I now believe I'm ready to move on to "end game" content, namely clan wars. As I don't own enough tier X tanks to be appealing to top tier clans yet can y'all recommend other avenues available to meet and/platoon with purplez/gud@tanks players and clans?

Specifically, how cliquish is the clan wars community? Do players generally only platoon inside their own clans? Is there any special etiquette involved in platooning or asking to platoon with other players? The lack of a coherent general chat or the ability to converse with players after a game seems to have negatively impacted the potential to meet peoples.

In-game channels are your friend.

-Wotlabs channel

-forum warriors channel (occasionally infested with bads)

-/vg/ (tons of bads here, gotta be discerning)

Also, you can ask around for good clan TS3s and lurk/invade random channels for platoons. Be prepared for rejection/let down though, much like RL.

Consider clans like Relic Auxilliary, Sonork, Enjoy2, as potentials you can join in while you get to the end-game.

If you want to expand your resume, I suggest learning how to battle call,as battle callers are the single most precious resource in this game right now, clans will compromise WN7/tanks required etc for a good battle caller.

2 tier 10s should get you into a "decent" , not top tier clan war clan, 4 and good stats in them will get you into one of the top 10-20. Top echleon clans (like Rel/simp/-g-/havok) require excellent stats and I'd say 5-6 top tier tanks. If you are willing to work hard, platoon hard and network hard, I can see you easily getting into a top clan down the line. You have a decent stat baseline from which to work from - 5k games and 1300 WN7 means you have plenty of scope for improvement.

Consider clans like Relic Auxilliary, Sonork, Enjoy2, as potentials you can join in while you get to the end-game.

Put in an application to Relic Auxilliary, you meet all the minimal requiremets! It will also give you the opportunity group up with good players and grind up 10s.

Good Luck Etool711

Top tier clans in eu atm

will want a unicum player so 1700+ wn7 and 55%-60% victory rate as a player

the tank part depends if you got bat,t57,t-62a then those are enough but if you got worse tanks like is-7 then you need more tanks.

for example when i applied for EFE they only ask how many tanks do i have,(they knew i was a great player so i got that covered allready), and i said 6, result was insta Kick for one inactive player and invite for me.

and now im at 8 tanks atm, and at the end of this month i will be at 11.

First playing in TC's will get your experience playing/coordinating with a whole team as well as taking orders from a "caller". Try to get into a Tank Company team that has people with high skill level (Use XVM) or a known high clan. By doing this you will start to meet people from good clans and they will start to know you. That could lead to an opportunity to get into a top clan. You will also learn a ton by playing with other good players as well as learning strategy/tactics from a good caller.

I would also look into feeder clans. Similar to how Baseball has the minor leagues clans have feeder clans that they use to train people up in. For example the PBKAC family of clans are the following with the different requirements as you go up the feeder chain.:

PBKAC http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fOzFhJCY8gk

- 6+ end-tier vehicles

- 55+% win rate

- 5 days or more CW availability per week

Apply at http://worldoftanks....00001579-PBKAC/"Teh Revolution is maow!"

OTTER

- 3+ end-tier vehicles

- 1700+ win7 rate

- 3 days or more CW availability per week

Apply at http://worldoftanks....00008386-OTTER/ "We have more stats than you, seal."

PUPEH http://www.youtube.c...h?v=U4JN0Xb-G7E

- 3+ end-tier vehicles

- 52+% win rate

- 2 day or more CW availability per week

- Positive attitude

Apply at http://worldoftanks....00004992-PUPEH/ "Why not Puppeh?"

FOXEY

- 2+ end-tier vehicle

- 50+% win rate

- 2 day or more CW availability per week

- Positive attitude

Apply at http://worldoftanks....00009177-FOXEY/ "FoxSnooze: Fur and Talents"