Manic_Wombat

WN8 - Wotlabs vs Noobmeter

When I check my stats I'm seeing radically different values on Wotlabs compared to Noobmeter even though things like Battle Count and Win rate are the same.  I'm confused as to how this could be?

Last 1000 Battles: 1365 or 1641?

Last 7 days: 1574 or 2205?

Most recent (both sites show the same 11 battles) :  2023  or 2388?

UENaEEW.jpg

qmdXYbN.jpg

5 minutes ago, Manic_Wombat said:

20144 and 20144 are the same.

11 and 11 are the same

65 and 32 are not the same.

95 and 319 are not the same.

Also, most likely you played a tank that is not listed as @Epic said

But surely - if I had played a tank that is not listed - wouldn't it be missing on both sites?

11 battles @ 2023 WN8   vs (the same) 11 battles @ 2388  WN8

Sure the next two columns have a different battle count,  but Noobmeter reports a much higher WN8 for more than twice as many battles!  

If battle count was the issue I would have expected to see the larger battle count having the lower WN8 (which is the opposite to what I see).

65 battles  @ 1574 wn8 + 79 battles  @ 1509 WN8   vs   32 battles @  2205 wn8  + 319 battles  @ 1710 wn8.

Wotlabs is reporting a lower wn8 all across the board all the time.   Noobmeter is much closer to what I am seeing ingame (via Aslains).

It really looks like the two sites are using very different value tables but I didn't think there had been any major changes recently?

noobmeter probably counts the average WN8 of single battles where wotlabs regards a lump of games as a small overall, if I remember right. if you are interested in how your recents affect your overall WN8 then neither are correct for that purpose, so whichever you use is up to you.

Wotlabs is where WN8 originated from, wotlabs gets Wn8 table updates from the WN8 team. The other websites make their own garbage place holders. Noobmeter is wrong, aslains is wrong, wotlabs is right.

Will there be anymore questions?

1 hour ago, KittenFix907ValuesBabyRage said:

There is a difference in the formula though, it's been discussed before but I'm not nerdy enough to remember/dig it up :doge: 

But I remember.  It's right here. 

All your questions should be answered there OP, by the best minds wotlabs had to offer. 

And I pinned it,  because its a good  thread that covers most of the possible use cases. You owe  me 1 Kolni :kwim:

In this particular case I think it has more to do with the (lack of) expected damage for some tanks. I have no idea what was the last set of values noobmeter pulled, no idea how noobmeter handles missing tanks, and since noobmeter also pulls data from the API, it should be using the method WoTLabs uses to calculate WN8. Regardless, the website used to get some sort of monthly update indicator, which it hasn't for at least over a year, so I wouldn't rely too much on it. 

tl;dr probably has to do with missing expected values 

1 hour ago, Zepherex said:

Wotlabs is where WN8 originated from, wotlabs gets Wn8 table updates from the WN8 team. The other websites make their own garbage place holders. Noobmeter is wrong, aslains is wrong, wotlabs is right.

Will there be anymore questions?

2 hours ago, nemlengyel said:

wn8 is made by wotlabs

end of story

Even though you are right it sound like a statement of a religious cult LOL

Just now, nabucodonsor said:

Even though you are right it sound like a statement of a religious cult LOL

Yeah well you're not the first person to ask why wotlabs is different from other sites. Believe it or not people will sometimes argue over it too.

14 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

But I remember.  It's right here. 

All your questions should be answered there OP, by the best minds wotlabs had to offer. 

And I pinned it,  because its a good  thread that covers most of the possible use cases. You owe  me 1 Kolni :kwim:

Thanks Crab - this was the explanation I was looking for:

• vBAddict style (average of a function): (22+52)/2 = 14.5
  • WoTLabs style (function of an average): [(2+5)/2]2 = 12.25