Never

Expected Values Updated to v29

To quote Crab's signature:

In November 2013, I wrote with the publication of WN8

WN8 should not be considered the be-all-end-all of skill evaluation. It is intended to be looked at next to win-rate, battle count, average tier, and will never replace the inspection of the Service Record or platooning with someone or watching their replays.

But of course no one listened.

I mean this is the whole point of the whole expected changes and stuff. To point out what @CraBeatOff's signature has been saying all along all over the forum: that there is no one metric to rule them all.

Win rate can be padded by platooning. WGPR can be inflated by playing team battles and shit. WN8 can be made meaningless by tank-selection padding. There is no single true internet number that will be decisive.

31 minutes ago, GHOSTK1LL3R said:

I'm only on page 12 of this thread but something I want to state.

A lot of you are bashing on people for aiming for high WN8 etc. However, why can't we? What else are you going to aim for instead? Like seriously, in CSGO you can aim for global, league the highest league etc. What do you expect people to aim for on here? WN8 is a clear metric which people look at as the bible. Look at people who complain about being 'XVM focused' (I am not denying it happens) it's something which people follow as someone being a good player. 

It's something for people to aim for. I don't give a shit if you think it's broken because it gives me (and others)something to achieve. WN8 and avg dmg in my tier 10's are my two main things I aim for as they're clear indicators that I am improving. 

My two cents, don't flame me pls.

Aiming for high wn8 tends to be detrimental. Case and point is this one retard named Nightmare_Luna; He went for highest recent wn8 NA and in doing so cobbled together an ego that he was somehow on par with the best players on the server. There's a difference between being good at statpadding wn8 and actually being good at wot. Being good at wot doesn't mean you have to be a detriment to your team to keep farming damage for the highest wn8 possible and possibly throwing the game. This community has seen and has its fair share of stat padders and every single one of them has an ego that is incredibly annoying to contend with when you're trying to give real advice to win games. The goal of this game should be to win games and performing well in doing so. Not to raise a stat that is now almost irrelevant when so many other factors can now be applied. This person is also on a website where some of the players here are top players from each server. It may seem elitist sure, but It's our own way of differentiating someone who "only" has 3,000 wn8 vs 4,000 wn8. This person with 3k is doing his best in tier 10s while this mongoloid with an ego next door with a 4k wn8 from light tanks or premium tanks is trying to nab all the attention. There's nothing wrong with shooting for high wn8, but high wn8 should come with getting better at WoT. Not trying to justify yourself with easy to play padding tanks like many tier 8s and 9s. My own tanks are no exception and I dropped 500 recent wn8 and 120 overall wn8. Do you see any of the other people in my situation on this website bitching? No? It's because we all know we're shit or we're good in our own right. We dont need a consensus to confirm that. He's  just being a massive attention whore with an ego like some pony faggot we all know.

10 minutes ago, Shifty_101st said:

Totally dude, aim for a high wn8 if you want.  If that is what makes you happy then so be it.

Just don't expect us to take you seriously as the whole fucking point of the game is to win game first off, 2nd off is to have high avg xp per game, and 3rd is dpgs.  Again, shoot for high wn8 and care about an internet tank value to track your progress to see if you're improving if you want, but if you go off like this mungetard from the EU did..........don't expect us to be nice :)

High XP per game is actually a good idea. That is something I haven't really considered to take into account of if I am doing well or not. 

The main reason I don't care about Win % or aim for a high one is it just comes naturally. The better you get, the higher it goes. Due to this, I aim for dmg per game which in turn achieves a high wn8.

15 minutes ago, KittenFixE50ValuesBabyRage said:

I'm saying that your idea of goals being high WN8 is flawed in of itself. Your goal should be better play, winning more games. Sure maybe do a DPG challenge, but at that point wn8 has no importance. 

And if you somehow missed the whole joke about the RU meds the point was to make it so all of them have high expecteds, so people stop complaining that the 907 is higher.

I understand your point saying WN8 is flawed in itself but coming from someone who hardly platoons; me aiming for winning more games isn't something I can exactly affect greatly in a tier 10 game. I can affect it to a certain extent but nothing crazy like 70%. Due to this, aiming for DPG and WN8 is a metric which I do have a good chance of improving by myself.

I did miss the RU med joke; I don't regularly troll through this forum (no rudeness intended). On the note of that why don't they make the IS-3 have the same expected as IS-5? I know you're not the dev for WN8 but maybe something to consider.

3 minutes ago, GHOSTK1LL3R said:

The main reason I don't care about Win % or aim for a high one is it just comes naturally. The better you get, the higher it goes. Due to this, I aim for dmg per game which in turn achieves a high wn8.

That's not entirely true, and a subject for a different discussion. All damage is not created alike, damage to critical tanks at critical moments is more likely to translate into a win than say empty late game damage. While GENERALLY there is a correlation between damage and wins, that correlation is not perfect and doesn't seem to hold consistently true on those below the top echelon.

3 minutes ago, _Assad said:

Aiming for high wn8 tends to be detrimental. Case and point is this one retard named Nightmare_Luna; He went for highest recent wn8 NA and in doing so cobbled together an ego that he was somehow on par with the best players on the server. There's a difference between being good at statpadding wn8 and actually being good at wot. Being good at wot doesn't mean you have to be a detriment to your team to keep farming damage for the highest wn8 possible and possibly throwing the game. This community has seen and has its fair share of stat padders and every single one of them has an ego that is incredibly annoying to contend with when you're trying to give real advice to win games. The goal of this game should be to win games and performing well in doing so. Not to raise a stat that is now almost irrelevant when so many other factors can now be applied. This person is also on a website where some of the players here are top players from each server. It may seem elitist sure, but It's our own way of differentiating someone who "only" has 3,000 wn8 vs 4,000 wn8. This person with 3k is doing his best in tier 10s while this mongoloid with an ego next door with a 4k wn8 from light tanks or premium tanks is trying to nab all the attention. There's nothing wrong with shooting for high wn8, but high wn8 should come with getting better at WoT. Not trying to justify yourself with easy to play padding tanks like many tier 8s and 9s. My own tanks are no exception and I dropped 500 recent wn8 and 120 overall wn8. Do you see any of the other people in my situation on this website bitching? No? It's because we all know we're shit or we're good in our own right. We dont need a consensus to confirm that. He's  just being a massive attention whore with an ego like some pony faggot we all know.

I completely get your point; I disagree how people seal club and light tank farm for WN8. In that concept I completely agree the metric is broken and complete bullshit.

However, I think this is where the miscommunication is coming from. I personally, only play tier 10. Feel free to check my stats; I rarely play tier 9 and I never stoop below tier 8(only when I started and would yolo rush in to die). Due to me playing only tier 10 it's harder for me to statpad as you'd expect others at tier 10 to be smarter at the game if you can see where I am coming from?

Due to this, I aim for 3.2k damage in all my tier X's. Thats my goal in every game I play; with it comes normally a win and good WN8 equally.

I hope you understand the point I am trying to make

2 minutes ago, sr360 said:

That's not entirely true, and a subject for a different discussion. All damage is not created alike, damage to critical tanks at critical moments is more likely to translate into a win than say empty late game damage. While GENERALLY there is a correlation between damage and wins, that correlation is not perfect and doesn't seem to hold consistently true on those below the top echelon.

I completely agree, it isn't entirely true; me farming a tier 8 in a tier 10 game isn't going to win me the game or help my team for the most part. However, what other metric should I go off to see that I am doing good? 

You could state 'look at win %' however I could just three man platoon with a wolf pack (or E5 spam) and I could easily get 70% win %.

There is no statistic that I can look at which will show straight up how well I am and how good of a player I am. Due to this, I just take WN8 as the holy grail and aim for this because if I didn't i'd feel like I am going no-where. As a player who only plays tier 10's it's not like I can aim to grind up a line as I just free XP up.

I hope you can understand my argument; I am just waiting for WN9 to come out as it seems like something that would be much more fun to aim for and would reward you for more than just damage. 

4 minutes ago, GHOSTK1LL3R said:

I completely agree, it isn't entirely true; me farming a tier 8 in a tier 10 game isn't going to win me the game or help my team for the most part. However, what other metric should I go off to see that I am doing good? 

You could state 'look at win %' however I could just three man platoon with a wolf pack (or E5 spam) and I could easily get 70% win %.

There is no statistic that I can look at which will show straight up how well I am and how good of a player I am. Due to this, I just take WN8 as the holy grail and aim for this because if I didn't i'd feel like I am going no-where. As a player who only plays tier 10's it's not like I can aim to grind up a line as I just free XP up.

I hope you can understand my argument; I am just waiting for WN9 to come out as it seems like something that would be much more fun to aim for and would reward you for more than just damage. 

WN9 as a single metric is supposed to be less paddable than WN8 but still won't stand in isolation. How would I assess a player on numbers? Per tank DPGs and WRs. If needed, look deeper (spots, assist, armor use) depending on tank/class. I don't believe in one single number to assess people.

Can we come back to the fact that T-62A, 140 and 430 have now the same expected as the 907 which is silly since the 907 is a CW vehicule. I agree to the fact that all russian medium perform the same, so just put the 140 expected everywhere since it's the one in the middle of all the expected value in the first place. 

Edit: or even better just do an average off all four (or five) tier 10 medium tank and make that the expected. 

Just now, sr360 said:

WN9 as a single metric is supposed to be less paddable than WN8 but still won't stand in isolation. How would I assess a player on numbers? Per tank DPGs and WRs. If needed, look deeper (spots, assist, armor use) depending on tank/class. I don't believe in one single number to assess people.

I don't believe in one single number to assess people; however I honestly cannot be bothered to look at each and every number to see if I am improving or not. Hence why I prefer to look at WN8/WN9 and if it's gone up I can assume that I am improving.

That moment when you knew you were on track to casually hit 3500 wn8 overall, and you check back a couple weeks later to find you are down ~430 points.

Sad%20Doge.jpg

4 minutes ago, GHOSTK1LL3R said:

I don't believe in one single number to assess people; however I honestly cannot be bothered to look at each and every number to see if I am improving or not. Hence why I prefer to look at WN8/WN9 and if it's gone up I can assume that I am improving.

Oh, for tracking your own progress, sure. Though tank selection does swing the numbers considerably (particularly for someone like me who goes on streaks of playing a certain class). Comparing players is a lot dicier.

17 minutes ago, DHP said:

Can we come back to the fact that T-62A, 140 and 430 have now the same expected as the 907 which is silly since the 907 is a CW vehicule. I agree to the fact that all russian medium perform the same, so just put the 140 expected everywhere since it's the one in the middle of all the expected value in the first place. 

Edit: or even better just do an average off all four (or five) tier 10 medium tank and make that the expected. 

They did it for the memes man

1 hour ago, nemlengyel said:

muh feels i have been padding rep for two years and you say it is useless and bad metric why? :(((((

And yet your .67:1 rep:content ratio is still considerably worse than my .74:1.... what a shitter :doge:

9 minutes ago, adztownstike said:

It is neg whatever farming thread :D gotta love fighting na neckbeards 

Gotta love euros who are so obsessed with stats they they freak out when someone changes their oh so precious numbers. 

1 minute ago, KittenFixE50ValuesBabyRage said:

Gotta love euros who are so obsessed with stats they they freak out when someone changes their oh so precious numbers. 

I looked properly and they didnt change it much at all tbh. its just recent. Which is what everyone looks at :( My poor e peen. Imagine if qb stumbles accross my profile. he'll think im a standard qsf noob

Just now, adztownstike said:

I looked properly and they didnt change i much at all tbh. its just recent. Which is what everyone looks at :(

So basically what the message I'm getting is you were planning on applying to a clan that had some requirement for recent wn8 that you were shooting for, but now since they nerfed the values you aren't good enough anymore?

1 minute ago, KittenFixE50ValuesBabyRage said:

So basically what the message I'm getting is you were planning on applying to a clan that had some requirement for recent wn8 that you were shooting for, but now since they nerfed the values you aren't good enough anymore?

No i just like the thought of being able to join a clan and knowing qb would seee that im good player. Who cares about anything else. If qb thinks your noob what hope do you haev in life

10 hours ago, adztownstike said:

Just you must undertstand why i was angry. I dropped from super unicum to blue noob over night due to a "joke" yes my winrate is only 60% but im sorry. If you cant accept that at times i am a better player than some of you. Your probs the one who needs to grow up. I dont usually moan about stats unless someone calls me a noob. But all the pubbies care about wn8 as you can see here and even qb has it in his title. This is why im upset. I was close to 4k.

Do you not understand relative numbers? Everyone who played an E50, M46 or RU med dropped. It's not like you've been singled out. If the scale was changed so that the highest possible wn8 was 1k would you still be complaining that your numbers dropped?

Just now, WorldConqueror said:

Do you not understand relative numbers? Everyone who played an E50, M46 or RU med dropped. It's not like you've been singled out. If the scale was changed so that the highest possible wn8 was 1k would you still be complaining that your numbers dropped?

yeah but i got but to the fucked lost 1300 recent. i mean wtf... i still haev 4k 30 day and yet in 2.5k recent plebu. fmllllll

Just now, adztownstike said:

yeah but i got but to the fucked lost 1300 recent. i mean wtf... i still haev 4k 30 day and yet in 2.5k recent plebu. fmllllll

4k recent means nothing with <60% wr.