Never

Expected Values Updated to v29

2 hours ago, shishx said:

specifically the ones that are going to get nerfed the most?

Same as with every other tank: the expected values will be lowered over time meaning that it will pad your rating if you have lots of old games in these tanks and no new ones and vice versa.

Prime examples of old: M48 and Hellcat.

And this is exactly why WN9 was done with a "recent" in mind.

On 4/16/2017 at 11:24 AM, Archaic_One said:

I'll be more interested to see how bad the stats of dedicated arty drivers plummet when their damage output falls by half.

Actually, won't that translate to a HUGE boost in wn8 for those players? If you were to update wn8 values for the new damage output by arty, their existing stats will be inflated by a huge margin. So to Crab's point - wn8 is dead(er). 

Can you guys even "end" WN8 at this point? XVM or somebody else would just make their own values or some shit. Just like Crab said, too much has/will change: LTs moving around in the tiers (id numbers stay the same?) and arty is getting nerfed hard on the damage output department. The metric is useless as of 9.18.

I don't know if this is an option but, if the API releases experience could we do a skill evaluation based on that?

It might take a while, but it could really make an accurate view of a player's skill

2 hours ago, Shifty_101st said:

I don't know if this is an option but, if the API releases experience could we do a skill evaluation based on that?

It might take a while, but it could really make an accurate view of a player's skill

Base xp would be useful, but the API only releases XP with all the bonuses included - premium account, boosters, etc. It's no use.

WG PR is pretty good as-is for an account-level rating, but it doesnt do per-battle or recent.

2 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

Base xp would be useful, but the API only releases XP with all the bonuses included - premium account, boosters, etc. It's no use.

WG PR is pretty good as-is for an account-level rating, but it doesnt do per-battle or recent.

ohhhhhhhhhh :'( rip us, could have been a very good metric if none of the boosters were active in the statistics

I've been saying for years that base XP is an excellent metric... but, alas, one we don't have.

It's been a while, but I was wondering if there was any chance to please set the object 140 and t62a values back to normal?

20 minutes ago, RingZero said:

It's been a while, but I was wondering if there was any chance to please set the object 140 and t62a values back to normal?

It's not going to happen for a while if at all. We may see Wn9 before an updated Wn8 especially with the arty and light tank rework.

Just play them, dude, nobody gives a shit about useless Wn8 anymore. 

On 3/9/2017 at 11:30 AM, Rspctd said:

anyway when v30 my rooski meds wn8 is going down hello help my wn8 is droppiongggggg

On 3/26/2017 at 0:19 PM, Rspctd said:

HELO RUSKO MEDS STILL NEED DAVAING BLYAT PUHLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES FIX VALUES TY

On 3/27/2017 at 11:18 PM, Rspctd said:

UH HELLO MY WIN88888888888888888 ON MY CYKAAAAAAAAAAAAA MEDS ISNT HIGH ENOUGH I AM NOTICEING HELLO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2 hours ago, Rspctd said:

Just play them, dude, nobody gives a shit about useless Wn8 anymore. 

:megadoge:

On 19/04/2017 at 1:32 PM, SaintLaurentius said:

Can you guys even "end" WN8 at this point? XVM or somebody else would just make their own values or some shit.

That's a good question. Even if the wotlab team stopped updating the expected value all other website would probably keep the v29 as a baseline.

The strategy for WN8 is that there might be one more update in the usual sense, then the 'final' update will change all the expected values for all tanks to an average by type and tier. So, for example, all tier 8 mediums would then have same values.

When the websites have recoded to use the average expected values, no more WN8 updates will be needed. 

This 'endgame' is necessary as its a lot of work to do updates due to new tanks, etc, and interest in doing that is waning along with interest in WN8. But we dont want to break any websites or mods that use WN8, so this strategy is designed to ensure they will always have valid WN8 data.

8 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

The strategy for WN8 is that there might be one more update in the usual sense, then the 'final' update will change all the expected values for all tanks to an average by type and tier. So, for example, all tier 8 mediums would then have same values.

When the websites have recoded to use the average expected values, no more WN8 updates will be needed. 

This 'endgame' is necessary as its a lot of work to do updates due to new tanks, etc, and interest in doing that is waning along with interest in WN8. But we dont want to break any websites or mods that use WN8, so this strategy is designed to ensure they will always have valid WN8 data.

Is this "hiatus" in preparation for legacy support if most sites were to move to WN9? 

31 minutes ago, Deathstation said:

could anyone give me information where is the v30? Almost 4 months past I'm really curious

Did you even attempt to read the post? 

12 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

15 hours ago, Rspctd said:

Is this "hiatus" in preparation for legacy support if most sites were to move to WN9? 

I'm not sure WN9 will ever happen. It's even more work to keep updated that WN8, and will need to be redone to keep up with the LT/SPG shifts. There seems to be little enthusiasm for that work, so I imagine WN8.1 will be the final iteration of WNx

Can we just lay this old sick horse to the ground and be done with? Then we start padding WG rating in team battles :happymary: