ChromeTurret

Ahoy, matey! I'm no pirate, but salutations from a tanker of *the* SEA!

Hello, folks! Casual tanker here looking to improve. Not looking to arrive at the dazzling height that is the unicum levels, but I do strive to have... sensible performances in my games.

I have a knack for liking unpopular tanks--but I'm only 3k battles in into this game, so this may very well change once I get my hands on the more meta tanks... some time in the distant future, seeing that I pretty much have no money to throw at anything that isn't food (the IRL ones) and necessary expenses (rent, tuition, etc. rather than ammo and repair costs).

There are quite few tanks in my garage, seeing that I often had to sell my old tanks to fund the newly researched ones--but I do have some that I keep or will do, like the T-34-85, and the T29. Only recently bought the Chaffee and T67, still looking if those tanks will be a keeper for me (though I did get 2 back-to-back Top Guns with my T67 in less than 20 games lol). The rest, which are Tiger (P), VK 30.01 P, and T20 are basically just spare cash that I could play if I want right now, but I guess it'll probably take more for me to succumb into selling them. There are also some oddities like the BT-7 art., HT No. VI (which I and probably everyone on my server got for free because of some mistake, IIRC), and the L-60 because, free premiums!

Presently, I feel at home in mid-tiers, finally trying out scouts properly after getting scarred by the M5 Stuart as the first line in the game that I grinded, and the largely untried-properly-by-me TDs, which to do these I bought the Chaffee and T67 respectively.

So! Enough about tanks! What about myself? Well, if you had to ask, I'm probably best described as an average college student that is way way waaaay tardy in his studies. I draw and write some in my free time while I'm not playing tanks. I also like to watch some anime now and then and only recently got myself stuck in some TV shows like NCIS, The Expanse, and Mr. Robot. Also, Battlebots is a really cool show!

Oh, and WoT and War Thunder has turned me into a bit of a tank maniac... but that's just about it--just tanks. I'm still largely clueless about towed guns, battle tactics, combat units, and other aspects of warfare in general. I can safely say I'm dying to nerd for more, though!

Well, I guess that's about it! Once again, hello, awesome folks (and memelords)!

Nice to see another Chaffee driver. It's a fantastic little scout! Welcome to the forums.

8 hours ago, zapyoug said:

Unpopular tanks you say? :surprisefish:

You have come to the right place.

Good to hear! I like making my VK 30.01 P work y'see :kreygasm:

8 hours ago, nemlengyel said:

looks like we have attack of the kurwa clones aka accidental double post, someone should rek the other thread :D

welcome

My network acted up yesterday right when I press Submit. It took me a while to realize I double-posted!

I don't know if I can delete my own thread so I reported it instead :feelsbad:

8 hours ago, Rin_ said:

Nice to see another Chaffee driver. It's a fantastic little scout! Welcome to the forums.

Thanks! I'm still dumb at scouting (I basically still crest ridges all game long), so that's one of my goals in joining the forums--to learn how to scout, at least properly!

...Well, actually I've read up a few articles on it, but I still suck at practice. I'll throw some replays some time later to see where I can improve :)

5 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

Welcome to the forums. Get gud.

Yessir!

1 hour ago, HemanathanRX7 said:

Hello fellow APAC player hope you don't rage quit need more people like you who are willing to learn :nyes:

Hello and thank you! I'm looking forward to learn by theory and practice with you people!

And greetings to you all good people!:tanfiesta:

11 hours ago, zapyoug said:

I got something even better :doge2:

Hide contents

hgunXmA.jpg

LOL! Seriously though, I heard the tank was very uncompetitive and therefore unpopular. Was 3-marking it easier?

2 hours ago, ChromeTurret said:

LOL! Seriously though, I heard the tank was very uncompetitive and therefore unpopular. Was 3-marking it easier?

The main difficulty with tanks that bad is just to make them function in the first place. Figure out where to bring them and how to fight.

It still took 100 games and 3700dpg with a decent amount of spotting which means the mark reqs weren't super low for the tank though. :pumpkinfish:

11 hours ago, zapyoug said:

The main difficulty with tanks that bad is just to make them function in the first place. Figure out where to bring them and how to fight.

It still took 100 games and 3700dpg with a decent amount of spotting which means the mark reqs weren't super low for the tank though. :pumpkinfish:

I see. I only watch some streams and videos of Type 5 Heavy and the playstyle of the tank indeed seems to guarantee you to net some spotting (i.e. spearheading pushes). Staying alive seems like another story though if everything in front of you know the hull cheek weakpoint and/or willing to load gold.

8 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

shame you cant 3 mark an M5 stuart 

...How would one 3-mark the M5 though? The gun is so anemic even with full gold loadout. But then again the standard for damage dealt may not be so high, maybe. I'd guess that people would just do hardcore spotting without ammo altogether or something :serb: