ThomChen114

T-34-2 - the middle child

Image result for T-34-2
(funny that it shows the 85mm gun that no one uses)

I'm still at the T-34-1, and i'm almost about to get the 2nd skill to 100% before I move them up to the T-34-2. 

So what's to expect?

How does it compare and rank with the other tier 8 mediums (i'm assuming not highly)

7 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

You should expect to be disappointed in yourself for not playing the WZ-131 and WZ-132 

i'm at the amazing WZ-131 atm at  the same time. That thing just glides across the battlefield.

33 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

Image result for T-34-2
(funny that it shows the 85mm gun that no one uses)

I'm still at the T-34-1, and i'm almost about to get the 2nd skill to 100% before I move them up to the T-34-2. 

So what's to expect?

How does it compare and rank with the other tier 8 mediums (i'm assuming not highly)

Imagine if you took a 34-3 or a type 59 and then decided that you didn't want pref mm in exchange for slightly more camo and you have a 34-2

1 hour ago, TheMarine0341 said:

It takes a special kinda crazy to play the T-34-2... paging our dear shit tank 3 marker, Abandoned_Spirit aka @zapyoug

He won't do it because it's literally slot machine simulator 

I must have missed the memo on this...

1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

You should expect to be disappointed in yourself for not playing the WZ-131 and WZ-132 

Played the WZ-131 and played/fully researched the WZ-132 because I like LTs.  In the end I decided (as I had a Chinese medium crew from the T-34-1 already) to unlock the WZ-120 through the medium line (more modules) and not lock a lot of XP into the WZ-132. 

1 hour ago, TheMarine0341 said:

It takes a special kinda crazy to play the T-34-2... paging our dear shit tank 3 marker, Abandoned_Spirit aka @zapyoug

For my skill level I seem to do alright but yes its not a tank that screams "play me now" because its good or fun or carries... I normally just play it for the bonuses and rarely grind it (about 40K left to go).  Once that's done the 132 will get dusted off.  

4 minutes ago, gabse said:

It cant be worse than the tvp vtu

I find it less worse, however the rewards after the TVP VTU grind are sizably more appreciated....

18 minutes ago, Audax_Bellator said:

Yes I played both. I wouldn't  consider either gems but I didn't  mind the TVP grind. 

I'd rather have some armor and a bit better turret dispersion than a bit more dpm and some depression on a tank that is tall as fuck

I've played it a bunch (because I hate myself, I guess), including in platoon with @zapyoug when he was three-marking other awful tanks because it was bad enough to not steal a ton of his damage.  Essentially, it's either a much worse T-34-3 (if you use the 122mm), or a worse Type 59/T-44 (if you use the 100mm).  My preference is to play it with the 100mm and just spam APCR at everything.  Food is also highly recommended unless you enjoy wanting to kill yourself.

TL;DR - Unless you are an actual masochist, please do not grind the WZ-120 from the T-34-2.  The WZ-131 and WZ-132 are both awesome, and every game you play in the T-34-2 you will be asking yourself "why didn't I just play my WZ-131 instead" since they see the same matchmaking, and the WZ-131 has actual strengths to leverage.

Even I'm not interested in the tank 

The tank falls into the category of not even really a challenge because you are actually useless not to mention the slot machine gun. It's like playing the IS4 with stock gun. It just makes you unable to do anything of value.

I've also played this horrendous tank and hate it so much, that I ground through the 59-16 -> WZ-131 -> WZ-132 just so I didn't have to finish the 50k or so odd XP to the WZ-120. If you must play this tank try each of the guns as they are both equally trash. The 100mm is basically the horrendous Type 59 gun and needs gold like @_Juris said. 

I preferred the 122mm just because it was somewhat of a meme for a little tank like that. Alot of pubbies don't expect it and you can catch some people with their pants down. 

4 minutes ago, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

Only reason to play it is for the 85 obviously, it looks so out of lace on that tank.

That is a spicy meme.  I'm mad I didn't come up with it.

I suspected as much about the T-34-2.

It seems to really be middle child in that it gets overlooked and has no redeeming qualities compared to the elder (T-34-3) which has the better boom stick, and the junior (T-34-1), which is a workable tank with some notable talent and potential, and then there's the cousin (Type 59) whom everyone just loves and can't stop talking about and that is better in every way and sideways, and even the distant exotic/mixed relative (59-Patton) seems to fare better. heck even the younger cousin (WZ-131) would look at the T-34-2 with amusement while it glides across the battlefield.

PS i'm a middle child :feelsbad:

I'll probably just hang on to and keep playing the T-34-1, and just grind my way up to the WZ-120 via the LTs (am at WZ-131 atm)

that, or i could go right ahead and willingly "suffer" in the T-34-2, endure the gripes of my platoon mates and carry their asses as usual

Just bought it anyway...RIP

I tried grinding thru the 131/132 but I just hate LTs so much...1/5 games are fucking incredible and I outdamage everything on my team with spotting to match, the other 4 games are mediocre. I know this is jut because I'm bad but I just can never get them to work. Therefore, I'm doing the 34-2. The only thing that really bothers me is why the 34-2 can't have the 100mm that the 132 gets. 

Also the t34-3 is my most played tank apparently so hopefully I can make it work.

You can always slap on the 122mm gun on the -2, if you want. However, I would advise against it. The 100mm gun is just good enough. The vehicle itself is kind of bland though and suffers mostly from the T8 Medium-syndrome. Camo is decent though.