Mesrith

WoWS Final 6.0 Commander Skills

7 minutes ago, yoyoya2 said:

I just tried IFHE on my kutuzov and I seems pretty good, I was still able to get 13 fires and I got more consistent dmg on my salvos

Did you take DE too? 

Launched the game, picked my NC, had a 3 kills/140k damage game where I soaked 2.7 million potential damage

THen I realised the game had updated during the day, and I had just played a tier VIII game with a 0 points captain.

How the hell do I build a survivability captain now (I had BFT, BoS, EM, SI, AFT, JoAT and was working toward High Alert)

Took out my Kutuzov with a 14 point Capt, Tier 1 Expert Loader ( just to see how it worked ), Tier 2 SSE ( bigger smoke ), Tier 3 Superintendent, Tier 4 IFHE and Tier 4 CE.

114k damage, 1 kill:  45k direct HE, 24k AP, 21k torps, 1500 secondary and 23k fire from 9 fires.  The HE was doing consistent damage against the decks and super structure of tier 8 ( Bismarck ) and Tier 9 ( Izumo, Missouri ) battleships.  I switched to AP against tier 7 cruisers for citadels ( landed 4 ), but would have stuck with all HE if it was a tier 10 match I think.  This was the type of match where I would have done 75-80k normally, but with more fires ( I had DE previously for a 15% fire chance - now 9%).  It raises the value of an already good ship by a WIDE amount.  I was top XP for our team, whcih was primarily based on doing damage, not kills or caps ( I did get 13 defense ribbons though ).

I don't think this ship benefits a lot from CE - due to the smoke and the fact it fires constantly ( or should be firing constantly ).  I'll rethink it a bit after some more matches.

Edit:  We almost lost the match because our tier 9 Friederich D Grosse was chai sniping ( in a German BB! ) and was the last ship remaining against 3 wrecked ships.  We had a pretty big cap lead, and won it on points with 3 minutes remaining and him losing 2/3 of his health to a Myoko with 6k HP left. 

OMG - finally bought the Mogami and played her with the 155 guns, DE/IFHE/CE.

The rapeage is real.

I deleted a full health Tashkent in a single glorious salvo. Seeing consistant 8k salvos on BBs while still starting a fire with every other salvo. Now pondering wether Adrenalin Rush would be useful.

2 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

The rapeage is real.

I deleted a full health Tashkent in a single glorious salvo. Seeing consistant 8k salvos on BBs while still starting a fire with every other salvo. Now pondering wether Adrenalin Rush would be useful.

If you get hit in the Mogami then your two binary choices are "lol overpens" or "boom". Neither leaves much scope for Desparado (fuck you all the Russian name is better).

1 hour ago, OnboardG1 said:

Neither leaves much scope for Desparado (fuck you all the Russian name is better).

True, and bc you need turret traverse buff the 2 point skill is already set anyways.

I played around with the radio positioning skill last night in my Gearing. In the early game it is a negative for you. You will see the nearest target which is a DD. But you already knew that. If I am capping, I know a DD is going to lead the charge. It also gives your position away, since the nearest guy gets a warning he is tagged. All this does early game for is well nothing. No matter what you do it will flag someone. (You have no idea who or what) If the guy is near the cap, he knows he has company. 

If you are alive at endgame and there are only 1 or 2 ships around, you will what bearing one of them has to you. He could be 20 km away, so you can point your nose to him and try to run him down. This makes it hard for you to stealth Torp someone and using it negates you CE skill because if he is the last ship, he knows you have an idea where he is. The 45 degree arc does not move around, so you know the guy is in the middle of the arc. 

I think it is useful in like 10 percent of the games. I am not sure if it is worth taking because it tells the enemy you are close. BBs may have more use for it if you are a torp paranoid. I will be respecing my Gearing away from it this weekend. It is not that good. This is a good thing in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

'A' hull Mogami right? I have her but not a captain. 

Scenario: Shihtzu with CE (5.8 km detect) and RDF, and a cyclone. :P

Edit: it's a very situational skill, not for all ships, but the worst part is I think it will benefit experienced players more. Just more Info to use and abuse.

I am struggling with finding good skill-combinations for the german cruisers, in particular the Yorck, Hipper and Eugen. It seems that these three ships in particular, just do not have any skill-builts that emphasize, advance, help or broaden their abilities. The best thing you seem to be able to do is, duct-tape the lack of decent HE with Demo Expert and fiddle with the already mostly uninteresting concealment-factor of the ships. In theory they have decent secondaries, but with any of these three ships, you will want to avoid being in close combat to begin with, despite their theoretical viabilities there. Superintended doesn't really help much, due to the lack of smoke, heal or long range recon in the form of radars (although their hydroes are good, but again, need to be too close for comfort in most cases). IFHE is completely useless as well, Fire Prevention doesn't really help their survivability as their primary "source of death" are battleship-AP-rounds.

Anyone got any thoughts? In theory you could stack up survivability traits, but again, does that really help them? I`m at a complete loss here.

I think the best solution is to just hope for nothing but tier 8 battles.  I did okay in my Hipper, but I spent lots of time running and island hugging - not a fun play style to be sure.  The Roon is a major step up in available consumables ( Heal finally ), and high rate of fire.  the 2x triple turrets in the back allow you to deal effective damage while running away at angle.

3 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

I am struggling with finding good skill-combinations for the german cruisers, in particular the Yorck, Hipper and Eugen. It seems that these three ships in particular, just do not have any skill-builts that emphasize, advance, help or broaden their abilities. The best thing you seem to be able to do is, duct-tape the lack of decent HE with Demo Expert and fiddle with the already mostly uninteresting concealment-factor of the ships. In theory they have decent secondaries, but with any of these three ships, you will want to avoid being in close combat to begin with, despite their theoretical viabilities there. Superintended doesn't really help much, due to the lack of smoke, heal or long range recon in the form of radars (although their hydroes are good, but again, need to be too close for comfort in most cases). IFHE is completely useless as well, Fire Prevention doesn't really help their survivability as their primary "source of death" are battleship-AP-rounds.

Anyone got any thoughts? In theory you could stack up survivability traits, but again, does that really help them? I`m at a complete loss here.

If the commander will eventually end up in Roon/Hindenburg, it's worth picking up AFT/BFT unless you're fine with paying for a respec down the road.  If it's a dedicated tier 7-8 German cruiser commander then yeah, I'd probably just get Priority Target, Adrenaline Rush, Demo Expert, Concealment and load up on survivability talents.

1 hour ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

German cruisers are just bad until the Roon, simple as that. They excel at nothing other than AP damage at close and medium-close range.

I'd have disagreed before the patch, and I still think Hipper/Prinz Eugen are fine, but in a world where IFHE exists, good cruiser AP has less value in some situations.  Kutozovs have always been annoying to play against, and now they're a real pain in the ass for any battleship.

4 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

About the only skill tree that I can theorycraft that emphasizes what little uniqueness Hipper has is to build it similar to how Flamu runs his Hindy:

Aggro meter, EM or AR, DE, CE, ManAA, AFT - 18pt total. Build is about praying that ManAA is adequate and trying to utilize GE hydro.

On 1/20/2017 at 9:04 AM, BiggieD61 said:

Took out my Kutuzov with a 14 point Capt, Tier 1 Expert Loader ( just to see how it worked ), Tier 2 SSE ( bigger smoke ), Tier 3 Superintendent, Tier 4 IFHE and Tier 4 CE.

114k damage, 1 kill:  45k direct HE, 24k AP, 21k torps, 1500 secondary and 23k fire from 9 fires.  The HE was doing consistent damage against the decks and super structure of tier 8 ( Bismarck ) and Tier 9 ( Izumo, Missouri ) battleships.  I switched to AP against tier 7 cruisers for citadels ( landed 4 ), but would have stuck with all HE if it was a tier 10 match I think.  This was the type of match where I would have done 75-80k normally, but with more fires ( I had DE previously for a 15% fire chance - now 9%).  It raises the value of an already good ship by a WIDE amount.  I was top XP for our team, whcih was primarily based on doing damage, not kills or caps ( I did get 13 defense ribbons though ).

I don't think this ship benefits a lot from CE - due to the smoke and the fact it fires constantly ( or should be firing constantly ).  I'll rethink it a bit after some more matches.

Edit:  We almost lost the match because our tier 9 Friederich D Grosse was chai sniping ( in a German BB! ) and was the last ship remaining against 3 wrecked ships.  We had a pretty big cap lead, and won it on points with 3 minutes remaining and him losing 2/3 of his health to a Myoko with 6k HP left. 

I copied y'all except not enough points for CE.

78k damage :D

Hitting tier 10 BBs for like 2-3k per salvo, hot diggety doo.

9 hours ago, Mesrith said:

I'd have disagreed before the patch, and I still think Hipper/Prinz Eugen are fine, but in a world where IFHE exists, good cruiser AP has less value in some situations.  Kutozovs have always been annoying to play against, and now they're a real pain in the ass for any battleship.

The lack of a triple gun turret on the German tier seven and eight cruisers triggers me. Also, might I ask why @Fodder4U is in your clan now? I just left RELIC because I wanted to take a break from clans, TS, and other distracting stuff while I get some life priorities straightened out, didn't mean to cause any trouble for him. I plan on coming back eventually, especially if WoWS clan battles and gold making start happening. Not sure I'll be coming back to RELIC (depends on if they let me or not) but I'll definitely be interested in going to some sort of WoWS clan.

8 hours ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

Also, might I ask why @Fodder4U is in your clan now?

Clan page is here, explaining what and who we are:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/112476-k-kraken-is-open-for-skilled-mature-players/

As for what he chose to do, you'd have to talk to him about that.

9 hours ago, Ollie Tabooger said:

What skills should I be using on my Molotov?

Same as just about any fire starting cruiser I'd imagine. Concealment Expert, Demo Expert, Adrenaline Rush, and Expert Marksman are four I'd highly recommend, probably Vigilance as well. Not sure about IFHE, I really haven't tried that skill yet, but I would imagine it would have some use as well. Just annoying as hell that the Molotov and Budyonny are essentially the exact same ship aside from the main guns but the Molotov has an 860 m turning radius while the Budyonny's is only 710 m.

14 hours ago, Mesrith said:

Clan page is here, explaining what and who we are:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/112476-k-kraken-is-open-for-skilled-mature-players/

As for what he chose to do, you'd have to talk to him about that.

Do we have something similar on the EU? 

I'd love to get into a more team oriented environment and get into division, and learn from better players. These are my newbee stats solo (link): 

JoEZTmX.png