AkulaV

Maus - Guide to Winning Almost 90%

4 hours ago, hazzgar said:

@RichardNixon did you do it for t10 and not only for t9 as I have throught previously? Can you comment?

These are available for all tiers, and for different levels as well (shitter - average - unica). They're on his WN9 website somewhere

1 hour ago, KittenFixWin8ValueBabyRage said:

These are available for all tiers, and for different levels as well (shitter - average - unica). They're on his WN9 website somewhere

I'm a moron. What is his website?

6 hours ago, AkulaV said:

You already know everything, why do you need a guide? Also what more is there to add. You want me to explain every position on every map with every type of enemy composition for you to go to? Maybe you want me to explain the perfect way to angle your tank/turret? What type of info do you want?

I'm not really here to write a 5 page essay. The "guide" part was more of a joke, but then I had to actually add some content to the OP. Go watch @zapyoug stream and ask him to play the Maus. He's the best at derping like a retard into the enemy with zero map awareness and 3 marking superheavies.

Yes, exactly. Glad you can add so much relevant info to this thread. Just like you 3 marking the meme tanks no one plays, and looking at all your 3 marks on stream makes you the best player.

2gO3XUH.gif

You honestly seem way saltier than I've given you any reason to be.

Did a mouse kill your family? 

45 minutes ago, zapyoug said:

2gO3XUH.gif

You honestly seem way saltier than I've given you any reason to be.

Did a mouse kill your family? 

Continue shitposting in someones thread and wonder why you get shit thrown back at you? But you're mistaken, I'm not actually mad.

Do you plan on adding anything useful to this discussion though?

9 minutes ago, AkulaV said:

Continue shitposting in someones thread and wonder why you get shit thrown back at you? But you're mistaken, I'm not actually mad.

I dunno, calling someone an autistic kid immediately for pointing out your sample size is low sounds pretty salty unless that's just your way of saying hi now. Not sure why you considered it to be a serious discussion from the beginning either with the title being a "joke" and the information being bare bones unless you got confused midway through.

10 minutes ago, zapyoug said:

I dunno, calling someone an autistic kid immediately for pointing out your sample size is low sounds pretty salty unless that's just your way of saying hi now. Not sure why you considered it to be a serious discussion from the beginning either with the title being a "joke" and the information being bare bones unless you got confused midway through.

I'll take that as a no. Regarding sample size... am I doing research for a PhD thesis now? Do I have to follow the scientific process to make a point on a forum? Do you now understand why I said I don't care if it is a valid sample size. Maybe you should take your own advice and not get triggered so quickly.

2gO3XUH.gif

Just now, AkulaV said:

I'll take that as a no. Regarding sample size, am I doing research for a PhD thesis now? Do I have to follow the scientific process to make a point on a forum? Do you now understand why I said I don't care if it is a valid sample size. Maybe you should take your own advice and not get triggered so quickly.

thought process in thread

-sees thread on the labs/memes forum, "maus guide to winning almost 90%"

-highly interested in winning everything with maus

-turns out to be a barebones post with a 30 game sample size

-points out low sample size

-gets what appears to be a very miffed response

I honestly would really like a super scientific process serial post out of this. Maintaining 90% wr solo for any decent amount of games is basically unheard of outside of low tier broken tanks and seeing someone actually twist the meta would be pretty cool.

Maybe it is a crime to want nice things uwu

1 minute ago, zapyoug said:

thought process in thread

-sees thread on the labs/memes forum, "maus guide to winning almost 90%"

-highly interested in winning everything with maus

-turns out to be a barebones post with a 30 game sample size

-points out low sample size

-gets what appears to be a very miffed response

I honestly would really like a super scientific process serial post out of this. Maintaining 90% wr solo for any decent amount of games is basically unheard of outside of low tier broken tanks and seeing someone actually twist the meta would be pretty cool.

Maybe it is a crime to want nice things uwu

Ok, I see. I understand it's not what you expected. But unfortunately, I'm just not going to do a proper test of 100+ games. I just wanted to share my experience completing HT15 in the Maus, and in the process winning majority of those games. Maybe someone else can give it a go and document it with all the data/replays.

1 hour ago, AkulaV said:

Ok, I see. I understand it's not what you expected. But unfortunately, I'm just not going to do a proper test of 100+ games. I just wanted to share my experience completing HT15 in the Maus, and in the process winning majority of those games. Maybe someone else can give it a go and document it with all the data/replays.

Why didn't you just add a reply to the maus thread in the tanks section then?

10 hours ago, AkulaV said:

I'll take that as a no. Regarding sample size... am I doing research for a PhD thesis now? Do I have to follow the scientific process to make a point on a forum? Do you now understand why I said I don't care if it is a valid sample size. Maybe you should take your own advice and not get triggered so quickly.

2gO3XUH.gif

You have some posts on the forum so it's easy to assume you do what is the forum standard. If you have a very low sample size you don't start a topic stating it could be kept up. Even if you are right, a low sample size makes your statements less believable.

Overal while I agree that people undervalue some tanks stopping power and their influence on wining games your post is just lazy. Tons of good players have longer runs in the Maus with lower WR. So either you are doing something special and the "just go to a place where people shoot you and don't get pened" is not enough of an explanation of how to get your stats or you are doing the same as the rest of the super uni on the forumz and your sample size too small and your WR will drop over 100-150 games. 

@AkulaV Thank You, your guide seems invaluable for my results ;).

@PityFool, @DHP this is working...

Maus.png

Ps: I have bought it at Friday, and for my level of skill results are impressive, with or without Unicum guide ;).

TLDR: people don't know how to shoot Maus. Flanking is advanced tactics only for purple players...

1 hour ago, DHP said:

This thread is seriously lacking some 90% winrate with less than 10 battles. 

Well... I think I have somewhere a screenshot of 100% win rate for exactly ten battles. Interested? :P

On 1/17/2017 at 10:57 PM, PityFool said:

I used to ready up the E100/IS7/E5 for 20 games in a row and platoonmates would start questioning my sanity. The good ole days were fun.

you never got to see my wild E5 plays :( 

19 hours ago, AkulaV said:

34 games nice sample size u fucken n00b

9 hours ago, hazzgar said:

You have some posts on the forum so it's easy to assume you do what is the forum standard. If you have a very low sample size you don't start a topic stating it could be kept up. Even if you are right, a low sample size makes your statements less believable.

Overal while I agree that people undervalue some tanks stopping power and their influence on wining games your post is just lazy. Tons of good players have longer runs in the Maus with lower WR. So either you are doing something special and the "just go to a place where people shoot you and don't get pened" is not enough of an explanation of how to get your stats or you are doing the same as the rest of the super uni on the forumz and your sample size too small and your WR will drop over 100-150 games. 

If I can manage 72% solo in this piece of shit Akula can manage well over 80% after 100+ games thats how mistaken you are of his skill.

No wonder this forum is basically dead. Not even worth the energy to reply to some of you that continue to state the same shit over and over. Go find another thread if you don't like mine. Last time I checked I'm not breaking any rules, so don't tell me what I can or can't post.

@Machiav nice average damage blocked so far. From what I've seen on EU, a lot less people shoot HEAT, so the Maus armor probably works even better there.

@PityFool would be fun to see, though not sure how many games I could handle playing the Maus with 3 arty every match.

I liked this post. It seems especially relevant considering the ongoing E50/M46 expected values gag.

This isn't the first time that the virtues of the Maus have been praised on this forum either. It's just that the play-style completely breaks with the typical selfish damage whoring.

Still, some replays would be nice. I played 39 games in the mouse strictly for doing missions. My averaged blocked damage was 3117, but my win rate was an atrocious 51%.

I'd like to take another go at the mouse, but I'm 3 missions from the 260 and HT is done. Maybe later...

Also, I found the rep war humorous. WoTLabs has gotten cliquey.

uBl5TYc.png

7 hours ago, AkulaV said:

@PityFool would be fun to see, though not sure how many games I could handle playing the Maus with 3 arty every match.

I might do it if I'm drunk enough to not care about the trash ping and arty.

14 hours ago, AkulaV said:

Would a spall liner be useful there, or is some other equipment more important?

Edited by Flaksmith

8 hours ago, Flaksmith said:

Would a spall liner be useful there, or is some other equipment more important?

I don't really think Spall Liner will do anything when an AP shell deletes 1800 hitpoints after broadside penetration