Jump to content
SoliDeoGloria

WOWS: Clans are coming

Recommended Posts

With patch 0.6.0, clans have been released on NA server, what are your thoughts of how WG will proceed with competitive elements? Also, praise the devs for finally releasing what we wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The easiest thing for them to do will be recreate team battles under clans. Something similar to stronghold battles in tanks. This would most likely be tier 6 and tier 8 ships. I'm just guessing that tier 10 12v12 battles is still a year away.

 

Also, I'm creating a clan if anyone wants to join. It's forming out of my team "Rusty Old Frigates". We are mostly blurples players and there are currently 6-7 very active people, with another 3-4 semi active. I'm going to create an official recruitment thread, so look for it if you are interested in joining. For the moment I'm just going to recruit on wotlabs as we'd like people who are about our same level of skill or want to improve to a blurple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MntRunner said:

Also, I'm creating a clan if anyone wants to join. It's forming out of my team "Rusty Old Frigates". We are mostly blurples players and there are currently 6-7 very active people, with another 3-4 semi active. I'm going to create an official recruitment thread, so look for it if you are interested in joining. For the moment I'm just going to recruit on wotlabs as we'd like people who are about our same level of skill or want to improve to a blurple.

Beat you to it!  You have a PM on the other forums, but just disregard it if you've already got plans.

 

As for their plans for clans, who knows?  If I had to put money on something it would be a WoT-style Clan League, rather than any actual clan wars with a global map.  Whatever happens, I just hope they fix the smoke meta.  If calling a battle consists of herding your cats into a group and rotating smoke cooldowns while blindfiring, I don't have much interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mesrith said:

Beat you to it!  You have a PM on the other forums, but just disregard it if you've already got plans.

 

As for their plans for clans, who knows?  If I had to put money on something it would be a WoT-style Clan League, rather than any actual clan wars with a global map.  Whatever happens, I just hope they fix the smoke meta.  If calling a battle consists of herding your cats into a group and rotating smoke cooldowns while blindfiring, I don't have much interest.

I haven't formed the clan yet, was hoping to do that tonight. Although if you've already got a Wotlabs group together I'd be interested in joining. Would you have room for the 6-7 other guys I mentioned? About half of them are wotlabs visitors, the other half are friends from tanks. If I join your clan I might still make my own and transfer ownership to my alt account just to reserve the name. I'd need another invite if I do that, but I'll let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MntRunner said:

I haven't formed the clan yet, was hoping to do that tonight. Although if you've already got a Wotlabs group together I'd be interested in joining. Would you have room for the 6-7 other guys I mentioned? About half of them are wotlabs visitors, the other half are friends from tanks. If I join your clan I might still make my own and transfer ownership to my alt account just to reserve the name. I'd need another invite if I do that, but I'll let you know.

I'm just looking for good players (blue/purple) that are easy-going and fun to division with (read: non-assholes).  PM me with some names and we'll look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I call the role of "Grumpy/Sage team mascot" for whichever clan comes out of wotlabs.  You guys know you need a mascot that you can abuse for their badness!  Unfortunately I am only available 3 nights a week ( Sat-Mon ) which is perfect since the actually good players who are young and single will all be out getting drunk and NOT laid.  SAD!

 

Yes, it is distressing to not be a Blurple, but at least I am not this guy:  http://www.breitbart.com/law-enforcement/2017/01/17/man-arrested-for-impersonating-police-officer-claims-hes-female-once-in-jail/

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

EDIT:  uhm, if by any small chance ... Mesrith is actually the person pictured ... I EMBRACE YOUR IDENTITY SIR!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm new, blue and play fairly regularly. Basically around tier 6 with all sorts of lines (tend to move all lines up tigether) and have a ton of premium ships at all tiers, wallet warrior skrebtard=best tard. 

Play most evenings on West coast. Would love a clan invite just to have a stable group to play with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mesrith said:

Beat you to it!  You have a PM on the other forums, but just disregard it if you've already got plans.

 

As for their plans for clans, who knows?  If I had to put money on something it would be a WoT-style Clan League, rather than any actual clan wars with a global map.  Whatever happens, I just hope they fix the smoke meta.  If calling a battle consists of herding your cats into a group and rotating smoke cooldowns while blindfiring, I don't have much interest.

We had the smoke meta dead on EU before RPF. RPF really helps vapenation by giving them cues on the torp directions. Every time OMNI played a vape setup in King of the Winter we spanked them (including the random, unnecessary throw). A combination of good destroyer players, radar and aggressive positioning usually ends up shoving the smoke ball somewhere useless and the aggressor wins on points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Nicook5 said:

so why is the clan capacity capped so low though :v

That's one of many things to be desired at the moment, along with the lack of a web-based clan page, and an in-game clan interface that isn't untuitive and is often buggy.  A clan of 30 people is fine for the current social purposes (although a higher cap would be better), but I can't see it working for anything higher than 7v7 clan battles in the future.  You'd need extremely high activity in order to field multiple 10-12 player teams with a 30-player roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mesrith said:

That's one of many things to be desired at the moment, along with the lack of a web-based clan page, and an in-game clan interface that isn't untuitive and is often buggy.  A clan of 30 people is fine for the current social purposes (although a higher cap would be better), but I can't see it working for anything higher than 7v7 clan battles in the future.  You'd need extremely high activity in order to field multiple 10-12 player teams with a 30-player roster.

raising the cap is likely far easier than those other things though.  And honestly I'm not too interested in competitive, just want bigger plat pool and shitty banter that doesn't disappear randomly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mesrith said:

That's one of many things to be desired at the moment, along with the lack of a web-based clan page, and an in-game clan interface that isn't untuitive and is often buggy.  A clan of 30 people is fine for the current social purposes (although a higher cap would be better), but I can't see it working for anything higher than 7v7 clan battles in the future.  You'd need extremely high activity in order to field multiple 10-12 player teams with a 30-player roster.

Even for 7v7 you would need fairly decent activity levels with a 30 member limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where would we put out our shingle to "audition" for clans.

With the few battles I have, I can see that tooning is critically important to success, and unlike WoT I want to do this right at the start.

I was at 65% WR solo, and then the plummet began. Just like WoT I can't carry a team that implodes in the first 3 minutes, need to toon with folks to engage in strategy for winning, not yolo DD's swarming around and dying in a light tank charge . . .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlike WoT the stats in WoWS are separated for single and division play. So noone will smirk at a winrate around 60% bc you can show it's all solo (like for me).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

Unlike WoT the stats in WoWS are separated for single and division play. So noone will smirk at a winrate around 60% bc you can show it's all solo (like for me).

Well it dropped from 56% to 50%, in two days. I still have a decent WR in my Koenigsberg (It was 66% or better) and Karlshrue, but in the last two days I have lost 7 battles straight (low battle count). Just like WoT it is either feast or famine with team quality.

Hoping to buffer myself from this by tooning.

Edited by SmirkingGerbil
fixed percentages, confused with Koenig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, for what? If someone looks at your stats and sees 60% winrate for platooning and 50% winrate without - what do you buffer here? In WoT you would because your higher winrate from platooning would be displayed in your all stats and noone could tell wether this was platooning or solo, but in ships you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaegaer said:

Again, for what? If someone looks at your stats and sees 60% winrate for platooning and 50% winrate without - what do you buffer here? In WoT you would because your higher winrate from platooning would be displayed in your all stats and noone could tell wether this was platooning or solo, but in ships you can.

So far, from what I can tell, a Division that is coordinated can dominate. Not because it is like WoT where a supertoon can just smash and roll through pubbies like lava through rice paper, but because the pacing and multiple objectives in WoWs almost demands some type of organization. Especially when you have multiple caps to cover, and working far flanks to keep visibility on a strong flanking attack.

At least my impression so far in WoWs is that communication and coordination are key, do I have this wrong?

This is not a plea to "carry me Senpai", this is (in my mind) a very different meta, that mandates communication and coordination, and I want to start early and work as a team from the beginning.

I am not doing this for stats, I do like winning, that is what matters to me, that is the fun. I am not worried about all the pretty XVM colors here. I see what I think is a game that rewards communication and teamwork, and even on a loss it would be better than what I see now with pubbies just scattering with a few people trying to organize in chat, while all your yolo DD's and CA's evaporate in 3 minutes. The buffer I am looking for is at least having 2 other people I can coordinate with, as I have seen coordinated divisions work very well even when down ships.

Am I coming at this wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

Again, for what? If someone looks at your stats and sees 60% winrate for platooning and 50% winrate without - what do you buffer here? In WoT you would because your higher winrate from platooning would be displayed in your all stats and noone could tell wether this was platooning or solo, but in ships you can.

If you're recruiting for a clan, you're looking for somebody to team up with, and maybe you want people who can demonstrate that team play elevates their game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

Am I coming at this wrong?

No, not at all. Divisioning is likely to be fun and you will be able to execute tactics (which are even more important in WoWS than in WoT) that are hardly possible in ranked (though at tier X I see a good amount of teamwork going on).

It's just that your stats wont get better int he sense of the word because there are different ones. That is all that I wanted to say. Though Kilpatric has a point that showing a clan recruiter that you can teamplay has it's own merits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jaegaer That is all I am after. I love teamwork and executing plans. I think that is what appeals to me so much in WoWs. I ran a couple of Divisions yesterday, and working with a teammate, making decisions together is just too goddam fun . . . because it works.

 

Thanks for the input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...