Sign in to follow this  
Kilpanic

0.6.0 - Best Use of Dragon Flags?

So I've got about 40 Dragon flags left and I'm wondering what's the best way to use them. Should I burn them on my highest-point captain (Ibuki) to get one to Elite, so I can start converting Elite XP? Or should I spend them on low-point Captains to try to get them to get as many of them to 10 points as possible? 

In my opinion, they were most useful in the early portions of a Captains grind, but since they have readjusted the difference between how fast experience is gained in higher levels, now they are pretty good all the way up to level 13-14 for speed leveling.  Getting a Captain to 10 fast is now the most useful target - because that gives you at least one tier 4 skill or multiple tier 3's.  Getting to 15 used to be the default, and that burned a LOT of xp to get there.

42 minutes ago, Kilpanic said:

So I've got about 40 Dragon flags left and I'm wondering what's the best way to use them. Should I burn them on my highest-point captain (Ibuki) to get one to Elite, so I can start converting Elite XP? Or should I spend them on low-point Captains to try to get them to get as many of them to 10 points as possible? 

If you enjoy playing Ibuki, sure. Naturally a high point captain entails easier grinding as you have more skills at your disposal.

Personally I would continue grinding Ibuki (consider an Atago too) so I would have commander exp to spread to other commanders without ever having to play them.

5 hours ago, Flametz said:

If you enjoy playing Ibuki, sure. Naturally a high point captain entails easier grinding as you have more skills at your disposal.

Personally I would continue grinding Ibuki (consider an Atago too) so I would have commander exp to spread to other commanders without ever having to play them.

+1

There are also some other commander xp bonus flags for +50% Commander XP (Zulu Hotel) and the normal +50% XP flag (Equal Speed Charlie) amongst others as well as the US colors 5% flag bonus (if you have it) and some camo types which give a bonus as well which can boost it to almost 600%.

Getting to a 10 point is a huge help and with 14 points you can get two tier 4 perks as well.

13 minutes ago, xWulffx said:

Which other ones do?

Zulu Hotel (from Confederate achievement) gives +50%.

To the topic at hand, I'm currently running Zulu Hotel (50), Dragon (333), and Restless Fire camo (250) on all of my tier 10s and just stockpiling elite commander xp on them anytime I queue up.