Sign in to follow this  
Manic_Wombat

NoZoup compares Battleships & Cruiser lines

Youtuber NoZoupForYou did a comparison of the statistical performance of each nation's Battleships and Cruisers on the US server. He makes a fair case for some serious balance issues.  

State of Battleships:   

tldr:  Don't play American battleships.

State of Cruisers:   

tldr:  Don't play America cruisers.

thank god WG does not balance only on stats or we would end up with shit like they have in warthunder.

Also, comparing the earliest line of BB's in the game (USN) to the newest is kinda stupid.... there stats will never be close, most people played the USN BB's right at the start and didnt know a thing about the game, plus they also received numerous buffs along the way. The only USN BB that could use some love is the Montana, and thats not because she's bad, but because the competition is so much better

USN cruiser line on the other hand... yeah, Pensacola could use a concealment buff, and Baltimore maybe a slight reload buff ?

All I heard was a mediocre player who makes shitty tutorial videos read stats off a sheet. I stopped listening after I heard "What does the Montana have that the Großer Kurfürst does not? It has nothing, absolutely nothing."

Apparently having arguably the best AA in the game (aside from perhaps the Des Moines) is nothing. Apparently only having to show about half as much broadside as the Großer Kurfürst does to fire off the rear turrets is nothing. The Montana also takes non-citadel hits better in my opinion, it tanks better than the Kurfürst does as long as you're not showing your citadel area. Not to mention it has a much tighter turning radius.

Now this isn't me getting on my pedestal and saying the Montana is better, but it's certainly not weaker in every aspect like that fool is saying. I can't even be bothered to watch that cruiser video. Having recently gotten the Des Moines I can say that it's the most fun tier ten I have and probably the most versatile too.

Yeah it triggers me too, when I see people comparing the stats of lines, which were not launched at the same time. I can only assume that a majority of players on the NA server go for the US BB line as their first considering the nice history of the US BB fleet, which should also reflect on the stats.

My first BB line was the Japanese, followed by the German and I've now just started the US line. I have the best damage stats in the US line.

Even though I'm still quiet new I have to agree with @RollerCoaster47s sentiment regarding NoZoup. A very average player explaining to others how to play, is  rarely a succesfull combination, if you want to improve or get good content.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

Every standard is solid. The North Carolina is arguably the best tier 8 (granted, that's a very busy, competitive argument). I have no commentary on the Iowa/Montana, but as I love battlecruisers, I'm sure I'll enjoy the fuck out them.

Cruisers... I can understand more. The Omaha has been left behind by tier 7 matchmaking. And the heavies are uncomfortable. But, that's the key. They're uncomfortable, not bad. The guns are magic. Like, unfairly good.