nikhanin

Improving the hard way

Hello fellow tankers

I recently joined this community in an effort to participate and not only lurk around reading various articles and threads. So far I have almost 4000 battles to my name. Did all the mistakes that noobs do, bought not one but two t8 premiums, sui-scout and so on.

Somewhere around 500 battles I found QB´s Youtube channel and after some more searching got stuck on Zeven´s highly informative videos. Around this time I started the grind down the KV line as all new players is recommended to do. Had some great fun and developed my crew, ditched the KV line in favour of the IS line. Played over 200 battles in my IS-3, loved it. When I unlocked the T-10 I had 2 or 3 battles before I sold it and rage-quit WoT for 5-6 months.

Came back a month before the Swedish tanks, because, hey I´m from Sweden, time to be patriotic:) Never cared for TD´s so I started down the light-medium-heavy. Have four girls in my STRV 74 and I love that tank. Unlocked Leo, and I have to say, I hate it, with a passion.

Well, day before yesterday I re-bought the T-10 and free-exp´d the gun, turret, tracks and engine and have since been playing 30 something battles and have now come to really like it. The reason I did this is because of an article I read here, by A_chodeful. His reasoning is sound, and he has a point. I know I will be a liability to my team in the beginning but if I challenge myself like this I will have all the reasons to force my self to play better.

My crew is as follows:

Commander: BIA, 6th, 94% repair

Driver: BIA, Smooth ride, 94% repair

Gunner: BIA, Snap shot, 94% repair

Loader: BIA, Safe stowage, 94% repair

Equipment is the standard, Vstab, Gunrammer and vents. I have run it both with Vents and Coated optics, do not know which I like most, time will tell.

I know that I play to aggressive, and still do stupid mistakes, but I will improve, I am determined of this.

So, really, my question is, skills for my crew, am I going in the right direction? Next step after Repair?

Hello and welcome!

BiA might be a bit early for crew of 2,94 skills. However I do that myself too, so it's not that big of a deal. I would pick JOAT, Armorer, Firefighting x2 for the next skills. For the life of me I cant remember who's the radio operator in T-10, but vision skills would be nice if it's the loader. Remember there's 2 loaders in IS-7(if memory serves right) which will have Situational Awareness as an option.

Personally I don't think Kewei's (A_Chodeful) method works that well. TBH I dunno if it even worked for him. Sure he's one of the better players that has played this game, but he has a tendency to be arrogant and too self aware of his excellence, so I would take his method with a pinch of salt. Learn the mechanics and such on lower tiers first, where it's less punishing. Only then jump in the world of one shot clickers and high alpha TDs.

26 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

Hello and welcome!

BiA might be a bit early for crew of 2,94 skills. However I do that myself too, so it's not that big of a deal. I would pick JOAT, Armorer, Firefighting x2 for the next skills. For the life of me I cant remember who's the radio operator in T-10, but vision skills would be nice if it's the loader. Remember there's 2 loaders in IS-7(if memory serves right) which will have Situational Awareness as an option.

Personally I don't think Kewei's (A_Chodeful) method works that well. TBH I dunno if it even worked for him. Sure he's one of the better players that has played this game, but he has a tendency to be arrogant and too self aware of his excellence, so I would take his method with a pinch of salt. Learn the mechanics and such on lower tiers first, where it's less punishing. Only then jump in the world of one shot clickers and high alpha TDs.

Thanks for the reply.

The commander is the radio operator. IS-7 is not a goal as of now, focusing on getting everything right with the T-10.

I understand that there will be pro´s and con´s with all methods, I still play the T6 Strv 74 and managing quite good games if I may say so. At least they are "green" most of the times:) 

I did the kewei (a_chodeful) method before he even made an article about it. Seems to have worked for me :)

Low tier (1-7) are pretty cancer so I wouldn't worry too much about them skill wise. The t10 is easily one of the best tanks in the game, very comfortable tank that plays like a medium and a heavy. Your crew looks good, once you hit your 4th skill train situational awareness on the commander, will mitigate the HT vr it has and means you can justify running vents over optics. 

GL with it all :)

3 hours ago, Va1heru said:

...once you hit your 4th skill train situational awareness on the commander, will mitigate the HT vr it has and means you can justify running vents over optics. 

But doesnt this require a retrain since the situational awareness is a loader skill on IS-7?

pb6WbCM.jpg

We're getting ahead of ourselves here, but that is what your should look like in the IS-7 in the end :) Starting from top left:Commander, Gunner, Driver and in the bottom are the Loaders.

I found it easiest to just grind my Tier X Soviet crews on their opposite lines...  The IS-4 (KV line) runs a 4 person crew, which mates with the grind for the IS line.  And vice versa for the IS-7.