crapcannon

Any use for removed speed governor?

Any use for this on mediums or just not worth the engine damage? Was thinking of trying this on the T-34-85 for playing peek-a-boom on hill and stuff.

The only, and only case where Governor is an option is KV-5 with skilled crew. Governor allows KV-5 to rush in position bit faster, and due to huge engine HP it can keep it activated for long. However, it requires good crew and even still either food or extinguisher are both better options.

So generally, no.

I only use it on my Type 64 because of its top speed potential, inability to run gold oil, and the low HP of the tank that guarantees that the 2nd or 3rd shot you eat during the round won't set you on fire (because you're already dead). I only turn it on to rush early spots and other time sensitive situations.

My permagreen colored two cents.

On the 59 16 allows you to get out of bast situations a bit faster. It improves a bit on tanks like the T-34. 

So i dont have it but in the case you cant/dont use food or oil would it be useful on an IS-7? 

4 hours ago, Fianii said:

I only use it on my Type 64

I use one on the Type 64 too. I only had it because I bought it for one of the temporary mini-games. The speed boost is nice for getting to initial positions or bailing out of a flank in a hurry. 

24 minutes ago, monjardin said:

I use one on the Type 64 too. I only had it because I bought it for one of the temporary mini-games. The speed boost is nice for getting to initial positions or bailing out of a flank in a hurry. 

More speed is always a good thing, but I'd argue you'd be better served with food or a double repair kit.

I think I used it for the short period I played the S51 since I didn't have anything else really worthwhile to fill the spot though I don't think it made any difference. 

When I first started playing the game and was a newb, I would use this on the old T-50 and the A-20 during my scouting runs. Not sure if it did anything (and I wasn't even sure at the time, maybe it helped acceleration a bit), but there was nothing like that feeling of turning on the afterburners before going ham and spotting their team.  I ground out the T-50-2 but of course never bought it before the removal, RIP

So i tried it a little on the SB is-7 and it can give you 2-5 km/h depending on terrain and inclination.  Food is ofc way better but i could be used in some niche situations

On 1/24/2017 at 8:09 PM, leggasiini said:

The only, and only case where Governor is an option is KV-5 with skilled crew. Governor allows KV-5 to rush in position bit faster, and due to huge engine HP it can keep it activated for long. However, it requires good crew and even still either food or extinguisher are both better options.

So generally, no.

This

Turn on 'turbo mode' to get where you need to quickly, then turn off.

I still carry removed speed governor on my 261 (with a large repair kit and food, since russians don't get a premium gas consumable).  that's the only vehicle I use it on.

I'm now looking at these again,now we can reuse repair kits.

2 hours ago, thedab said:

I'm now looking at these again,now we can reuse repair kits.

I've never used the removed speed governor, i dont see the point in it. Are gonna drop food or med kit? You need both of those, at least over RSG.