Sign in to follow this  
Jarkorsis

Missouri

I know some of you have purchased this ship and were wondering what your thoughts on it are. I finally ground out the 750k free xp friday night and purchased it. I think it is a beast for the following reasons. It prints money and the 100 percent XP is great for training captains. It can bow tank better than the Iowa because of a more detailed armor model and has great turret turn. I am not sure, but it may be the best T9 BB. The 33 knot top speed is great.

I thought the radar would be situational at best, but I have used it at least once in every game I have played. With all the DD's in smoke you can kill or cripple them using radar during a cap fight. You have to be aggressive though. Over time, DD captains will remember you have 9.49 km radar, but offensive smoking near a BB is a habit for most US and VMF DD captains, so you will still wreck them if they do this near you.

Is it worth 750k free EXP? It was for me since I had a bunch of camo and spent like 40 dollars on Papa Papa flags, plus the ones I had in storage. I am just curious what every one else thinks.

I'm complete garbage with it. It is actually my worst performing USN BB (WTR and win rate) of the bunch. Actually, NC, NM, and Colorado are my top 3, while the US premiums round out the bottom. (Though AZ has a small sample size, and TX has a huge sample size from buying it and playing it early.)

Looking at the Mo's numbers for myself, it has my worst survival rate, yet my highest hit rate. I feel like the radar can be a trap - kind of like torps on cruisers. Use it when the situation calls for it but don't force it. Need to stay back a smidge more.

It bow-tanks the same as the Iowa btw*

Same 32mm bow armor. All the increased front bulkhead armor does is lower the distance the Yamato needs to close in to citadel through the bow.

Honestly? I wouldn't consider buying it. Especially when my port looks like this... m7LXnys.jpg

I love it. I have mine built for stealth. Having a 12ish Km detection range give you a massive ability to dictate when you begin an engagement. This is especially helpful if you are trying to get close to nuke an enemy cruiser. Perhaps even more importantly though it gives more options for disengaging if an engagement starts to go south on me.

Also stealth built Missouri plus radar is just brutal on enemy destroyers. When I first learned that the Missouri would have radar I thought it would be all that useful, but I was very very wrong.

1 hour ago, Flametz said:

It bow-tanks the same as the Iowa btw*

Same 32mm bow armor. All the increased front bulkhead armor does is lower the distance the Yamato needs to close in to citadel through the bow.

Honestly? I wouldn't consider buying it. Especially when my port looks like this... 

That tier 6 Nagato tho ;)

Honestly, the Yamato can pen just about anything so the only difference it makes is in reducing the number of citadels, and that thicker bow armor makes angling at 45 degrees viable for reducing the power of the 18"ers. Realistically though you're not going to be taking on a Yamato head on, that's stupid. Instead it works extremely well when pushing up with your DDs to soak fire or use radar. I really like it.

I'm in the same boat (OK, actually I am not, since I am only at like 200k free xp) and I think I would much rather be using that for saving stock grinds and not saving it like scrooge mcXP.

It does sound like a sweet ass ride and maybe I'll get to the point where grinding my Anshan with Papa flags becomes a big priority, but I'm not there yet, opportunity costs are too high and I have plenty of other good prems. 

I'm at 367k, just a bit under halfway and still looking at a May/June acquisition date.  I'm about 20k away from the actual Iowa, so I should have a pretty good idea of how to play it once I finally get it in port.

Did anyone pull the trigger on Mighty Mo with the conversion discount weekend? Any reactions to new captains?

I am within striking distance of picking it up.  Maybe 50k or so.  I am not gaga about grinding US BB line, especially since I am enjoying Japanese line much more, but this seems like a way to fast track to a monster credit earner fast, high-tier, competitive BB without having to actually grind the line. 

For the same reason I plan to skip out on the Alabama when it hits the shop. 

I'm at 635k, and I did spend a chunk of gold on the conversion weekend to shorten the time required to get it.  I have a 18 point Cap in my stock Iowa, so by the time I will have the free xp to get the Missouri I will be prepared to make good use of it.  I have to say that the North Carolina play style was actually fun for me.  I'm not going to outright buy the Alabama, but if I get it as a future gift/Santa box - I will be happy about it.

I needed to convert about 150k to buy it after the last conversion discount and after some milling back and forth I did it even though my only BBs are the Amagi and the Gneisenau with few games played so far (I am a DD main Cv second player).

Holy shit.

It took me about 10 games to get the ropes with it but since then it SHITS captain and free exp like mad. I run all the appropiate capt/free exp signals on it and because of its high base modifier that is the best use of these signals you can make. I brought my then-Gearing-now-Fletcher capatin from just under 18 to 19 in it in just like 30 daily double games - its that awesome.

Best investment I made in the game, only caveat - I am like zero inclined to buy ANY other normal premium (only prem I interested in is Kaga if it stay that way) because the Missi sates all my captain training (19 points capt means free capt exp to be used everywhere you like). I also am back to 150k free exp and 250k free captain exp bc of Missi.

Converted the last 53k xp with gold to get the Missouri - and two battles in and I am very happy with the time and money it took to get it.  I set it up like Flamu did, Concealment build with the slot #3 11% accuracy module for alpha striking while unspotted.  What can i say, the radar keeps Gearings and Shimas from trying to get too deep into me.  I have 1 more point to make a 19 point Captain and get my last skill, Expert Marksman to speed up the turret traverse.  I earned 469k and 753k in the two wins, but I think 1 million is possible when I finally have a big game.

Get it when you can, not if - but when you can.

Got the 'Mo.

The guns are shiny (when set for accuracy). Like, really, really nice.

I've also enjoyed the few times I've been able to really let the ship stretch its legs. It really feels like you're hustling. More experience needed, but regrets, I have none.

11 minutes ago, bathoz said:

Got the 'Mo.

The guns are shiny (when set for accuracy). Like, really, really nice.

I've also enjoyed the few times I've been able to really let the ship stretch its legs. It really feels like you're hustling. More experience needed, but regrets, I have none.

The only regrets the Missouri will generate are those of destroyer captains that get within 9.9km.

I am curious. I have 100+ battles in the Missouri now and 30+ battles in the Iowa. Is there a difference between the sigma number for Missouri and Iowa? I have doing much more damage in the Missouri, getting more citadels. It could be a coincidence, but I was not sure. The numbers look odd. I usually alternate Iowa and Missouri in an evening until I win one in the Iowa. I just seem to have better results in the Missouri. I don't know why.

I actually have been doing more damage in my Iowa so far than the Missouri 70k versus 68k average damage.  I have over 60% win rates in both of them though, great ships and I am happy that when I sell the Iowa when I get the Montana, I will still have the Missouri.  I didn't want to buy the Alabama because of the time and doubloons invested for the Missouri, but I miss the North Carolina at tier 8 - if the Alabama becomes available again I will probably pick it up. 

15 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

I actually have been doing more damage in my Iowa so far than the Missouri 70k versus 68k average damage.  I have over 60% win rates in both of them though, great ships and I am happy that when I sell the Montana I will still have the Missouri.  I didn't want to buy the Alabama because of the time and doubloons invested for the Missouri, but I miss the North Carolina at tier 8 - if the Alabama becomes available again I will probably pick it up. 

The guns on the NC are better. Sigma is 2 vs 1.8 I think on Alabama. But the Alabama is way more agile. It feels almost like a T8 CA and much better Torp protection. They play different enough that I have both NC and Alabama. Alabama can brawl and dodge shots better than any BB currently in the game I think.