Anonamous_Quinn

9.17.1 supertest

http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/23/supertest_917-1/

Several changes first mentioned in the whats ahead article. 

The VK100.01P and Mäuschen will now lead to the Maus, VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. A and VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. B will now lead to a non-premium fail lowe.

Changes to the Type 4 & 5 are in (giving them derp guns) but the O-P exp, O-P and the O-Ho changes are nowhere to be seen.

T28 proto, T28 and T95 speed buffs.

Now for the new stuff

E5 nerfed. Cupola armour "decreased" and "made more even". Also the 254mm of armour behind the front rollers reduced to 76.2mm.

Grille 15 nerfed. Engine power and reverse speed reduced. Reload increased from 16.5 to 18s. Gun depression lowered from -8 to -7. Shell velocity reduced from 1350m/s to 1200m/s.

T-34-85M buffed so its now basically a Rudy with worse terrain resistances. Pen, damage, aim time, dispersion, soft stats, view range. No mention of decreasing the rate of fire though so maybe they're just going to let it be OP. Can't be having bad Russian tanks.

Cent I and 7/1 top speeds buffed to 50kph. Rate of fire increased from 8s to 7.5s, and from 12s to 11.2s. Less bad, but still not very good. Can't be having good British tanks.

FV4202(P) speed buffed to 50kph. That's the third buff it's received and it's still shit.

Vanilla game damage log, including name and type of vehicle and ammo type.

Stronkholds is also changing. Pillaging is gone and matchmaking is automated so no attacking a specific clan. War departments are getting removed though and replaced with “War Games,”.

And more remastered minimaps.

Can't wait for the vk100 to make my kv-5 literally unplayable. Can't wait to get the vk100.01 and make mediocre is-6 and kv-5 drivers sad

5 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

It's asia so i hope this shit doesn't see the light.

It is already on the EU site too.

I am curious if they are going to completely fuck up the SHs or not. The descriptions are quite shady. Yeah and fuck tier 10 derp guns. 

10 minutes ago, Sapros said:

WG really enjoy neutering TDs apparently.

I'm waiting to see about these American td speed buffs. The heavy armor td 's have probably suffered the most in the gold ammo meta but they are also rapidly becoming the best td class in the corridor meta. 

Thats td also why that jagdtiger premium looks so good

5 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

It's asia so i hope this shit doesn't see the light.

Asia server, not Chinese server

36 minutes ago, Anonamous_Quinn said:

Changes to the Type 4 & 5 are in (giving them derp guns)

:kreygasm:

ahh lovely

now WG give me type 5 heavy pics with that thicc derp mounted, please, i need it for my personal needs :serb: 

Thank fucking christ for that E5 nerf. How buffing its only weakspot on the upper 3/4 of its armor to be invulnerable to AP ever got to live is beyond me.

Happy for the T95 line buffs, they deserve a little help.

FV4202 and Cent buffs are fine. 4202 will still be fairly weak, but at 50kph it'll at least be able to outmaneuver an IS-3 again. Not a bad purchase now.

Grille is back to being in line with all the other trash T10 TDs. Don't mind it, as they're cancer in pubs, but the fact that WG have to resort to making every T10 TD horrible in order to keep gameplay intact is a sign they need to rethink the entire class.

2 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

the fact that WG have to resort to making every T10 TD horrible in order to keep gameplay intact is a sign they need to rethink the entire class.

They should look at 263, probably only actually balanced tier 10 TD, and use it as basis for others. Sure the tank itself could use few fixings but its definely much better balanced than any other tier 10 TD.

I welcome the 4202 buff to 50kph, but I'm very surprised they are doing it; with the changes to the Cent and 7/1 I guess they finally figured that their bias towards Brit tanks was getting too big to hide. With 50kph on tap I will be playing the 4202 a lot more than I do now. Will be nice to be faster than RU TDs for a change.

What about the TVP50/51 nerf? Any news? That tank is currently the poster child for OP. 

So no more raping shit tier clans for arty xvm focusing @ randoms in SH, or farming turds.

WG caring about its target group :kappa:

49 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

Thank fucking christ for that E5 nerf. How buffing its only weakspot on the upper 3/4 of its armor to be invulnerable to AP ever got to live is beyond me.

You mean like an IS-7?  Looks like they did the cupola AND the lower plate, so the 113 shall now reign supreme.  I sure miss getting lolpenned in the cupola by T-32s firing AP . . . 

I get that the buff was OP and way overboard, but 3 tiers of training US heavy drivers to hull down then giving them a huge sponge tumor at tier X was kind of BS.  Hopefully they are not going back that far.

1 hour ago, Rexxie said:

Grille is back to being in line with all the other trash T10 TDs. Don't mind it, as they're cancer in pubs, but the fact that WG have to resort to making every T10 TD horrible in order to keep gameplay intact is a sign they need to rethink the entire class.

The 103b's seems pretty good. Even Parkinson's sufferers can farm obscene damage in that thing. Can't wait to get one.

E5 nerf does not look too big tbh, I think penning the cupola will be less RNG now. I think it'll still be n1 pick for competitive modes.

Grille nerf is welcome, although I hoped it'd be top speed nerf. All buffs are ok and needed.

I don't mind German and USA tech tree changes, Japanese HT's getting derp guns is annoying.

Now, Stronghold changes... I think you (and me initially) misrepresent it. All normal SH's/skirmishes will stay like they are now, all credit reserves etc., only thing that's gonna change are SH attacks and urgent orders. Sure, no ability to attack certain clans kinda sucks, but:

• no more stupid defense times
  • nobody loses from stronghold attacks, some people might not like that but IMO it'll attract more clans to join the fights and clans to be more active, since they don't have to hide in 4am defense times to repair their buildings after SH attack
  • no need to fullfill urgent orders, if you earn the rewards you'll get them
  • "rankings in different categories" - the better you are, the more you get

This is how I understand it, hopefully I get it correctly.

12 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

You mean like an IS-7?  Looks like they did the cupola AND the lower plate, so the 113 shall now reign supreme.  I sure miss getting lolpenned in the cupola by T-32s firing AP . . . 

I get that the buff was OP and way overboard, but 3 tiers of training US heavy drivers to hull down then giving them a huge sponge tumor at tier X was kind of BS.  Hopefully they are not going back that far.

E5 isn't the one with the second worst gun of any T10, sucks at sidescrape, has armor that disappears if it angles even slightly, turns and accelerates like a superheavy, can't depress its gun, and doesn't have an alpha buff slated on sandbox. Ever since they buffed the E5, it has completely invalidated any competition when it comes to all-rounder heavy. Anyone who was playing the IS-7 (or 113) over the E5 wasn't doing it because of performance reasons, and that's likely not going to change.

T28/Proto/T95 speed buffs are a welcome change, but the Brit AT TDs need it as well. No bulli strongholds change is not great, but I can understand why WG doesn't want to allow the biggest kids at the beach to repeatedly kick over everybody else sandcastle.

I honestly don't get what people were complaining about the E5 being too OP. The cupola was easily penneable on the lower half with AP rounds, and penneable everywhere with prem. Sure it was strong, but so are a lot of T10s. I'm unsure how the front roller nerf will effect gameplay, but the think the only major change will be a larger incentive to brawl when you are only poking from the right side of corners (ie keeping cupola hidden).

Grille nerf thank God. Fuck TDS and all of their players with a massive cactus. 

16 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

E5 isn't the one with the second worst gun of any T10, sucks at sidescrape, has armor that disappears if it angles even slightly, turns and accelerates like a superheavy, can't depress its gun, and doesn't have an alpha buff slated on sandbox. Ever since they buffed the E5, it has completely invalidated any competition when it comes to all-rounder heavy. Anyone who was playing the IS-7 (or 113) over the E5 wasn't doing it because of performance reasons, and that's likely not going to change.

I have no place to argue with you Rexxie, but are you saying an E5 sidescrapes better than an IS-7?  Like I said, the E5 needed a nerf - but making the lower plate 76mm AND over-nerfing the cupola would be too much.  I have not seen any numbers on the cupola nerf, so who's to say but everything else wargaming has done lately is to strengthen heavies frontally.  My E5 gets penned through the cupola frequently as it is.

12 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

I have no place to argue with you Rexxie, but are you saying an E5 sidescrapes better than an IS-7?  Like I said, the E5 needed a nerf - but making the lower plate 76mm AND over-nerfing the cupola would be too much.  I have not seen any numbers on the cupola nerf, so who's to say but everything else wargaming has done lately is to strengthen heavies frontally.  My E5 gets penned through the cupola frequently as it is.

Yes, because an IS-7 will get its UFP penned the moment it tries to reverse out of the sidescrape. Both tanks aren't brilliant in that situation, and the IS-7 certainly can sidescrape against T8s without getting its UFP drilled, but in general it's one of those things the E5 at least has the option of while the IS-7 often doesn't.

If they're really making the LFP 76mm, yes, then the E5 is ruined. I think you're misreading it though, they're changing the armor behind the front drive wheel to 76mm. Beforehand the E5 had a spot if insanely thick armor behind the front wheel, so trying to go for a track+damage shot was almost impossible. This is armor on the side though, and doesn't have a huge amount to do with the LFP.

E5 hatch buff was 100% concentrated retarded in the first place, they should have hotfixed that shit 1 week after release (its just as retarded as giving the IS3 track links on hes ufp)

The other changes seem fine to me.

ps: those german box tanks are ofc typical cases of WG balance and i bet they will be brutal, brutal OP or brutal shit grind....

1 hour ago, KittenFixE50ValuesBabyRage said:

I honestly don't get what people were complaining about the E5 being too OP.

...seriously?

@GehakteMolen 

grille is an massively overrated sack of shit and equal bad as any other tier 10 TD

...so how's nerfing it further fine? It has no armor and terrible camo, so nerfing it's mobility will matter quite a bit. Also worse depression means increased exposure. But I guess that's less of a problem since its dpm's getting nerfed as well. :kappa:

2 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

So people doing most HT missions and bouncing more than the VKB in a moderatly mobile heavy with great dpm and good gun dispersion is ok for you? There are few tanks that can make me relocate as easily as the e5

As for the Brits - great for the DPM and speed buffs but still after they nerfed the turrets the tanks will be trash given they have to expose themselves for a long time to hit shit with their dispersion

"Finally, a new bunch of maps get remastered minimap art: Training Area, Overlord, Stalingrad, Empire’s Border, Sacred Valley, Stalingrad, and Fiery Silent."

I'm super excited for the updated mini-map on the training area map. This is definitely the most important thing they've done in the past 4 years.

Isn't Empire's border that china map on the Xbox? Does this mean we might be getting it?

1 hour ago, Sapros said:

...seriously?

Yes. Sure its a good all-around tank, but its still pretty slow, bad dpm and non-scary alpha, and the cupola is still an easy shot at close range.

4 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

It is already on the EU site too.

I am curious if they are going to completely fuck up the SHs or not. The descriptions are quite shady. Yeah and fuck tier 10 derp guns. 

Although I don't have Grille15 or planning to grind one, i feel bad for people. Auto pwn TD with arty grade bloom values get a big nerf. GJ WG.