bathoz

Ranked Season 6: Back to Seven

20 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

It's always better I think to begin the ranked battle process about 1 week or less after it starts.  My reasoning is that you want to have a large number of good and above average players in your team mix, something you will see early on despite which rank you start at.  As you move forward, you should see your name in the top 3 every match, then comes the inevitable point where you start to struggle a bit, maybe even show up as bottom 3 from time to time.  When that starts happening, it's a warning signal that you are playing with people who are as good and probably better than you, and you can no longer count on being the top xp earner in a loss to keep from falling back.  That started for me at rank 10, and while I was moving forward a star or two, I was also moving back a star or two - but I was no longer automatically in the top 3.  I actually fell back to 11 before fighting back to 10 - and that is where I decided to stop.  Lots of people spam battles, hoping that RNG will take them forward, and considering the quality of team skill drops considerably towards the end of the season, they hope to become the cream of the crap, the best of the worst so that they start earning top xp again with crappy team mates.

I don't enjoy that kind of match, so I just stop at the level where I can influence the game with good team mates and good people opposite me, At this point, ranked is more like you playing a solo match with 6 bots with you versus 7 bots on the other team - frustrating no matter how well you do individually.

Good general advice!

I don't take WoWs, or any game for that matter, seriously and because of quite a lot of upheaval with me changing jobs right now can't choose when I want to play.

Having said that, when I did play this ranked season I had about 6 evenings at my disposal of which one I played random battles to warm up and reach rank 12 with no difficulty (thanks Belfast and Shatorpedotysu)

Finished 2 stars short of R 1. :damn:

Cry me a river. I tend to get smashed with disconnects and bad lag forcing restarts with ping going up to 1256(iirc) last battle. Last "session was 14 + 5 losses losing 2 stars

Game only displayed last results about 10 minutes later...

pYdgYAz.jpg

:Tall image

Ps9B2CA.jpg

Big image alert:

STLc1pS.jpg

Rank1  2 hours before end of season... maybe should have started final grind more than 4 days before deadline :)

Used mostly Maass, with anti-dd build. Specially with RDF skill which is huge for chasing opponent's flanking solo dd's and giving early warning when going solo on caps. Hydro is really good, not only to spot inside smokes but also over smaller islands some maps so also installed that ranked-price hydro module which extends its duration, why not as there is nothing that important anyway for that equipment slot.

Problem with this anti-dd gameplay is shit experience it gives, can spend whole game chasing enemy dd's, spotting torps and all that and and result can be 3rd last in exp as damage done is usually low. Feels like spotting/assisting damage does not give that much experience compared to just making damage. Maybe it would be just better get AFT skill, go with main group and sit inside smokes spamming HE for damage dealing... but Sims is prolly better for that gameplay.

Also, hating Belfast's now. One Belfast in enemy team is mostly ok, two belfasts rotating radars just locks whole game.

Rank 7, not rank 1 if you talking about picture.

Lowest win-rate for rank 1 seems to be 46.35% for US server, seems reasonable taking account best loser star, chance of lucky streaks and that even most thickest peoples (usually) learn at least  a bit when they grind 1k games.

2 minutes ago, sahtila said:

Rank 7, not rank 1 if you talking about picture.

Lowest win-rate for rank 1 seems to be 46.35%, seems reasonable taking account best loser star, chance of lucky streaks and that even most thickest peoples (usually) learn at least  a bit when they grind 1k games.

Yeah you're right, I just glanced at it and thought it reflected all R1 finishes.  You're correct, 46.35% is the lowest.  It's still astonishing that there's a "ranked" system where you can be that far into the red and still advance.

I only made it to Rank 11 (77 Games), but I wasn't totally focused on Ranked.

I only have Four Tier 7 Boats and apparently they all kinda suck.  Pretty bad when Pensa is my best Win Rate

Ranked_zpshtrk7opm.jpg

34 minutes ago, TouchFluffyTail said:

Pensacola is a great ship. Even better if the detection buff passed.

...did you play Ranked?  Pensacola is garbage for that.

On the other hand, Fiji is a great ship. In Ranked too.

Damn, 33nfidel, that sucks. You were one of the few players I didn't mind having on the same team. I gave up somewhere on the last day. I didn't start grinding hard until the last week or so, but finally panicked a few days short of the finish. Had some good streaks going up to it, but the last two days where just a nightmare of win loss win loss loss loss win loss punch hole in wall loss win loss kick chair loss. The same retards every match, I actually went scrolling through that list yesterday, going "mmhmmm" "yep" "that one too".

If I'm still playing when the next season rolls around, I'll just buckle down early and take my chances getting nuked by Mesrith and the purple people. At least they won't be going yolo at rank 2 and telling us in chat they just don't care, or throwing game after game after game and pissing away leads.

edit: finished at 3 after getting up to 2.2 *grinds teeth*

Finished at rank 7 (with 2 stars) 63% WR over 86 battles. Started strong and relaxed, but once I got to ranks 10/9 I started really playing on tilt for 30-35 games or so just hitting the battle button instinctively.  This was also when I picked up a Belfast and rather than learn to actually play it, just started grinding ranked games- so would regularly outrun my smoke and get smoked.  

Finally started playing it better and after a lot of early losses, got it back up to 60% WR, but you get into that rut where you feel like you are holding your own as the Belfast, but people dont focus the DDs you radar, so you switch to a DD for a few games, but then your Belfasts/CVs decides to go solo to some cap and get insta-dead. 

Nagato was my highest WTR, but only got 50% WR in it. 

Sims was my superstar with 79% WR over 24 games. Great little ship, plus as mentioned, the XP bonus does nudge you into the top tier spot to save the star loss. 

Enjoyed the season overall and it was the first time I had played ranked. Definitely gets frustrating and time consuming for the final 8 ranks, but for a decent player, grinding the short 7v7 games for full credits and xp can be really rewarding.  Got some great crew training in and free XP piles, among other things. 

On 3/22/2017 at 2:00 PM, SoliDeoGloria said:

Sims has something stupid like a 30% base xp multiplier.

Was curious and yeah, quite a bit more xp than expected based on the results.

This was my first season of ranked, since I played mostly before it was out.  Is there a pattern they've been following for what tier is picked? 

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:02 PM, Vitellius9 said:

This was my first season of ranked, since I played mostly before it was out.  Is there a pattern they've been following for what tier is picked? 

It's been bouncing around, sometimes a combo of 6 and 8, this season just tier 7 - I believe one season was tier 5 and 6 - it varies.

I would like it to start at T8 and work it's way down to T4, that would be funny I think but most likely suck lol

They used to run 2 tiers together but bottom tier ships were always at a disadvantage and not allot of people used them