hallo1994

9.17.1 Patchnotes (Maus buff, "good" E5 nerf, Cent bros got love, Type 4 and 5 got buff?)

13 hours ago, Monkey said:

It makes sense for gameplay to have heavies that can actually push a flank at high tiers.

I've looked but I cant find it anywhere, but I vaguely remember a Wargaming Q and A about the first Sandbox where they said that they wanted a class of break through heavies (IS7, Maus, E5 etc).

They did mention stuff like that, heavies that were qualified to push into fortified positions to break stalemates. It's even in the Introduction section for gameplay on their site: armored heavies primary role is to be the breakthrough tanks that bang up a frontline and/or break an attack by themselves.

As a long time heavy armor driver, I can confirm this approach works tbh, Tanks like KV-4 & VK 45 B and the like might not be great allround tanks, but they make up their more specialized approach by being great frontline breakers when it's needed.

The IS-3 might be the better tank overall, but if you have to drive willingly into gunfire, the KV-4 is just better in taking the brunt of the attack, then cue in the IS-3 once the KV-4 has moved in & caused disarray. IS-3 will then enhance the chaos & help bring forth victory.

Do note, such tanks still need support, they can do the initial push & mess up the enemy, but the crucial part is the team taking advantage of it. If this doesn't happen, no amount of buffs will help. Albeit, with the buffs given to the Maus & Type 5, they will be excellent in tearing up stalemates by themselves when needed. They'll still be vulnerable to mobile opponents however, but alot more skill will be needed to dispose of them this way after the buffs.

Note: I'm still convinced they overdid it with the Maus & Type 5 tho. While I'm still learning on how to best use the Maus on various team setups & maps, it already absorbs close to 80% of it's HP in damage per game on average for me. Sounds to me the Maus is fine, only thing I'd do would be to buff the turret armor front a little, so you don't have to turn the turret as often to block shots. Then again, the ability to do so is a choice between doing damage & maximizing survival, the classic risk vs reward approach.

Fuck the type 5 new armor... Getting rid of the E5 where you needed Gold to go through weakspot and they bring in the type5 super cheeks.. 

I dont see any improvement here. Armorwise it still the same, press 2 and fuck you and your 260 mm armor plate.

And still arty hp pinata.

Tell me a reason to play those tanks again pls.

On 5.2.2017 at 1:15 AM, nabucodonsor said:

I will avoid on commenting why the m103 has worse gun handling than a tank with higher alpha and mobility like the t10

Because it does not have worse handling? As usual peoples are forgetting that Aim time has big effect on gun handling, blindly looking soft stat values does not tell which one has better real effective handling.

On 2/5/2017 at 2:12 AM, Archaic_One said:

My issue with these huge HE guns isn't so much the heavy vs heavy exchanges where the derp guns are doing partial damage against IS-7s - its what happens if I come around a corner in by BC tAP and the Type is facing me.  Blap, instantly balanced for trying to do the right thing and flank.  

We saw in the sandbox that trying to force cardboard tanks into closer and closer quarters via accuracy nerfs, pen drop off, and corridor world is kind of sub optimal.  We've all seen what lame ass random snap shots from KV-2/OI can do to punish tanks just for existing in lower tiers, this is just bringing that same random trip to the garage to tier X. 

The thing is there are already tanks in the game that have the capacity to do this except they aren't classified as the worst Tier 10 in the game. Now the Type 5 will be on par with those tanks.

3 hours ago, Stuka76 said:

I dont see any improvement here. Armorwise it still the same, press 2 and fuck you and your 260 mm armor plate.

And still arty hp pinata.

Tell me a reason to play those tanks again pls.

264/270 APCR gold shells will struggle to even scratch the paint. 

If you are a siemka red polish blob in my team, I would like you to drive Type 4/5 rather than some tank that requires skill to be effective.

Ah I see, its armor  is good against t8 guns. Its so good tank, right?

Sarcasm off. I think it will still be shit.

I think Gehaktemolen (or whatever his name is) said it somewhere, and I agree with it,  WG can not nerf t 9 and 10 meds gold ammo, because people riot, so they will try to buff heavies. Where will that go, we will see.

3 hours ago, sahtila said:

Because it does not have worse handling? As usual peoples are forgetting that Aim time has big effect on gun handling, blindly looking soft stat values does not tell which one has better real effective handling.

Because compared to the other tanks it has nothing going for it? The Conqueror is flat out better, the others have higher alpha/mobility/armor than this? Beacause tier 7s can pen the gigantic weakspot called turret? Because tier 7s can pen the hull? Because arty shits on it? But lets focus on the fact that it has better aim time than a wz 11114 while it that outrades you and gets in position faster than you. Even a E75 can be faster than it going down a hill and it does not loose too much on flat terrain. So yeah lets give a tank with nothing besides it's gun, gun stats not better than other tanks. GG

Interesting observation.  

I played the E5 both on test server and SB server last night / this morning.  On SB with no gold ammo and the current armor values, the E5 is retardedly OP.  It is literally the claymore mine of tanks, 'point front towards enemy and kill all in range'.  The cupola bounced at least 4-5 shots per game, LFP bounced several more.  Unlike the IS-7 which people don't bother shooting at if its hull down, plebs will clang shot after shot off of the E5 like a starving man trying to open a coconut with his teeth.

On test server with limited gold and 9.17.1 armor values, it was excruciating.  Literally everything aimed at the cupola penned, to the point where I would not round a corner if it meant turning right.  Trying to keep the tank moving and push with it resulted in LFP being shredded by TDs while cupola still got penned.  The only saving grace was the amount of HE autoaimed at UFP.  The survival rate for the E5 is going to plummet.  Having a Luchs parked on top of turret sucks.

There has to be some sort of middle ground between Claymore mine and Luchs tumor.  I could probably get used to it and learn to play it like a slow Patton with hull armor and WASD like crazy from 200 meters.  The thing is, I wanted a heavy tank and it does not feel much like one right now.

On 2/6/2017 at 4:26 PM, Stuka76 said:

Ah I see, its armor  is good against t8 guns. Its so good tank, right?

Patton/E50 are crying in a corner, silently.

On 2/6/2017 at 4:26 PM, Stuka76 said:

Sarcasm off. I think it will still be shit.

Of course!

But a bit more useful shit for potatoes, and it will nerf the Grille even harder.

HE pen of 76 is something meds will laugh at. take that 500 dmg, and then trade 4 for 1 shots.

If you trade shots with this tank, you are an idiot...same as with KV-2. Not rushing a tank with 20 sec reload is stupid...not like it is an E-100 that can do dmg reliably...

P.S. Acc of this derp is so baaad. E-100 spamming just HE is a better tank, just because you miss half of the shots beyond point blank range, fully aimed. 

No hand of Stalin to guide shells.:feelsbad:

37 minutes ago, Felicius said:

P.S. Acc of this derp is so baaad.

Who needs to aim when you can simply snap and do 400 damage only by splashing hard points like mantlets?

6 minutes ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Who needs to aim when you can simply snap and do 400 damage only by splashing hard points like mantlets?

Well, sometimes the enemies are not 100 m away, or big as a house...

Types will do quite ok vs heavies, but will suffer the moment you need to hit a moving target at any distance (I have missed 20 m shots...just wow). You simply do not appreciate the "accuracy" of E-100, IS-7 and such until you have tried the Type.

KV-2 works well 4 tiers lower (actually, it has pretty much the same gun -  just a little bit smaller alpha, but more penetration...and plenty of targets to penetrate with either HE or AP) because 80% ppl run no equip, 75% crews at best, and even the best tanks have generally crap gun handling (Cromwell, T-150...), and is much smaller, and faster.

Maybe I need a tinfoil hat, but KV-2 is much more accurate. And i run 7 skill crew in types (free exp to crew exp on test server)+food.

3 hours ago, Felicius said:

Well, sometimes the enemies are not 100 m away, or big as a house...

Types will do quite ok vs heavies, but will suffer the moment you need to hit a moving target at any distance (I have missed 20 m shots...just wow). You simply do not appreciate the "accuracy" of E-100, IS-7 and such until you have tried the Type.

KV-2 works well 4 tiers lower (actually, it has pretty much the same gun -  just a little bit smaller alpha, but more penetration...and plenty of targets to penetrate with either HE or AP) because 80% ppl run no equip, 75% crews at best, and even the best tanks have generally crap gun handling (Cromwell, T-150...), and is much smaller, and faster.

Maybe I need a tinfoil hat, but KV-2 is much more accurate. And i run 7 skill crew in types (free exp to crew exp on test server)+food.

Types have 850 m/s shell velocity tho

The amount of tier 9 that don't have enough penetration to go through the type 5 with gold after this buff :facepalm:.

How do you want to nerf gold penetration after that ??? Ahahah :frenchy:

3 hours ago, lavawing said:

Types have 850 m/s shell velocity tho

That is with the 14 cm, not the derp. Derp has something of a ballpark of 500 m/s.

46 minutes ago, Felicius said:

That is with the 14 cm, not the derp. Derp has something of a ballpark of 500 m/s.

No. Derp has indeed 850 m/s shell velocity just like the 14cm. As for accuracy, from what i heard, for many (including me) it feels accurate for derp gun. I think your RNG just sucks. Shell velocity clearly noticeable as the shells flies on very flat arc compared to most other derp guns and its easier to hit moving targets. Its definely different from 500 m/s derps like KV-2 and O-I / O-Ni / O-Ho.

The gun is naval gun, not actual "howitzer". WG just took random 15,2cm naval gun and balanced it to function like howitzer in-game (IRL it even had AP shells with probably like 200 - 260 pen), as Japs lacked any howitzers between calibers 150mm and 200mm (latter being way obv way too big for HT). What still puzzles me that why didnt they choose more advanced 15cm naval gun like the L / 50 version or even longer 155mm guns which are found as secondaries on Yamato instead of naval gun designed before WW1.

Has the E50m gone from a LFP of 225mm nerf down to 194mm ?

First Picture

http://tanks.gg/wot/...-50-m#tab:model

Second Picture

http://beta.tanks.gg...m/model?vm=live

14 hours ago, leggasiini said:

What still puzzles me that why didnt they choose more advanced 15cm naval gun like the L / 50 version or even longer 155mm guns which are found as secondaries on Yamato instead of naval gun designed before WW1.

Probably because they were needed for navy which got the 1st priority. Air force was 2nd, and scraps were left for army (surplus guns from storage, like the german Marder series made from obsolete Pz-2 and captured Czech and french chassis paired with Pak 40 and captured soviet 76.2mm guns).

Their most modern tank used in combat as late as 1945. was the puny Chi-Ha, a pre-war design...

14 hours ago, leggasiini said:

No. Derp has indeed 850 m/s shell velocity just like the 14cm. As for accuracy, from what i heard, for many (including me) it feels accurate for derp gun. I think your RNG just sucks. Shell velocity clearly noticeable as the shells flies on very flat arc compared to most other derp guns and its easier to hit moving targets. Its definely different from 500 m/s derps like KV-2 and O-I / O-Ni / O-Ho.

Probably just RNG, or it seems way more derpier than same tier tanks -even the best tanks have generally crap gun handling at tier 5-7 (I love Crommie, SU-100, ISU, T-150...), while tier 9-10 bad gun handling gives me aneurysm while playing against competent ppl with hovermeds/new Maus railgun/all the TDs that infest normal server as well as test.

Overall, I think this heavy will suck in randoms to a degree, at least without platoon to cover the reload, but it will balance Grille 15/Skodas/STRV/Kranvagn just fine.

Against any real heavies it will just be annoyance. Then you pres 2-2, and go put 2-3 shots in him for every one he makes. 

It will fuck the Kranvagn even more than the rest...Kran will have real pain the ass penetrating one...while Grille 15/Skodas/STRV will only have problems if get hit by one.

8 hours ago, arthurwellsley said:

Has the E50m gone from a LFP of 225mm nerf down to 194mm ?

First Picture

http://tanks.gg/wot/...-50-m#tab:model

Second Picture

http://beta.tanks.gg...m/model?vm=live

There is not only more frontal gun depression, from 8 deg on sides/ 6 in front to 8 on all sides, but also you get the -7 rear one (as of yet, it is 0).

In return there is about 10 mm weaker UFP (all that matters, LFP is cheese anyway). That is still enough to protect from standard medium apcr, and from 330-340 HEAT you will have like one more penetration in 10 hits.

Less exposure is worth it+hull down is stronger duet to bigger mantlet.

8 hours ago, Felicius said:

Against any real heavies it will just be annoyance. Then you pres 2-2, and go put 2-3 shots in him for every one he makes. 

A Type 5 angling slightly or hulldown will still be a pain to pen using APCR and HEAT. At least, you still need to actually take the time to aim for weakspots. Which translates to more time getting your face rebalanced by 150mm derp shells and having your commander/gunner/driver die to the retarded splash.

The Types are basically roadblocks, and unlike the Maus and whatnot they are bunkers that you will always lose a fair chunk of HP against no matter how you play. That is why they will be retarded to play and play against. I won't say, however, that this tank will suck. Played defensively, this thing will be capable of holding a heavy flank with minimal support, which is the whole point of vehicles like this. Speaking of support, in triple platoons, I could see this being quite silly. You will take at least 1/2 of whatever is on the receiving end of your thicc derps every 16 seconds and probably mess up half their crew and modules. 

I think they should add SPG type stun mechanics to 150mm+ HE ammo. Because reasons. The only reason why I see Type4 and Type5 changes as borderline retarded are the HE mechanics. As was said above, your efforts to use armor and angling to avoid damage are null and void. Circon shot under IS7 frontally for 500. How the fuck are you supposed to "out skill" the opponent when the only requirement to be damaged is to be in the same area code? You cant rush the fucker because half the match they are not alone. After second hit you are out of the game for 60/90 seconds (assuming reusable med kit/repair kit) because half your crew and equipment is gone. I would seriously be interested to hear the argumentation FOR this change from balancing department.

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

Test server has been down for around 24 hours now, so expect a update or something very soon.

*hopes nothing happens to type5 so I have a purpose in wot life* :doge: