Sign in to follow this  
lordawesome7

Calling all T110E5 players! get your rounds in before the nerf, also we should have a platoon of those

as the title says, the E5 is getting a nerf, specially to its lower plate and cupola if you don't already know

in addition, i would like to rally a platoon of E5's so we can enjoy what time we have left as pre-nerf E5 players together (also being coordinated helps a lot)

if you are interested in my idea, feel free to say something here or PM me

Is it really that much of a nerf? I don't own an E5 but the lfp nerf looks as if it would only affect shots coming in from the side (whereas the E5's armor is strongest head-on), while the copula seems to only be thinner on the edges, making aiming center mass still risky.

Perhaps someone with E5 experience can comment on these changes.

They are doing the upper plate too huh?  Looks like effective armor the cupola is going to be about 230-235 mm all over instead of 260 in middle and 285 on edges now, RIP.  The entire upper and lower plates went from orange to yellow, but no numbers yet.

I don't care if they give it the lower plate of a CDC, just leave the enormous tumor alone, its already autopen for tier Xs, at least let me get hull down against Tiger II? 

Gud. This is one of 2 non arty tanks that really needed a nerf. Trust me, I like being the OP one as much as the next guy but this and the is3 are the only tanks that make me just want to go to the other side of the map when they're top tier.

2 hours ago, SuperTheBoss said:

Gud. This is one of 2 non arty tanks that really needed a nerf. Trust me, I like being the OP one as much as the next guy but this and the is3 are the only tanks that make me just want to go to the other side of the map when they're top tier.

I dont think the E5 is OP though. Its borderline OP, but not quite into OP. 

The cupola is pennable, even with standard. I know, Ive done it. Ive had mine penned. But the problem with nerfing it is that its FUCKING HUGE

Before the buff the E5 was starting to get powercreeped, just a little. The buff brought it right back in to the spotlight, but before that buff, the giant tumor made the rest of the armour profile completely pointless and it was so easy to hit. 

Nerf the lower plate, thats fine. The LFP is really annoying to pen and shouldnt be, but everything else should be left exactly it is, and the E5 becomes balanced. 

7 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

I actually agree with you. I wasn't paying attention to the specific buffs like a skrub. My main issue was the front plate was too tough from too many angles, but changing that would have been enough without messing with the cupola.

I was just saying that a nerf was warranted but this might be a little extreme.

You know, WG things.

I know I sound butt hurt about it and I'm really not because I so rarely play tier 10s in pubs.  What pisses me off is that the E5 was the only US tank that was CW viable and if they actually go through with this it won't be anymore.  Making the cupola and lower plate both lolpen for tier Xs means that the 113's ascension to CW Sith lord master race is complete.

I guess I could grind the E3 . . . :eww:

2 hours ago, SuperTheBoss said:

I actually agree with you. I wasn't paying attention to the specific buffs like a skrub. My main issue was the front plate was too tough from too many angles, but changing that would have been enough without messing with the cupola.

I was just saying that a nerf was warranted but this might be a little extreme.

You know, WG things.

the UFP is fine, you shouldn't be able to pen that. the LFP is less than fine though

3 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

I dont think the E5 is OP though. Its borderline OP, but not quite into OP. 

The cupola is pennable, even with standard. I know, Ive done it. Ive had mine penned. But the problem with nerfing it is that its FUCKING HUGE

Before the buff the E5 was starting to get powercreeped, just a little. The buff brought it right back in to the spotlight, but before that buff, the giant tumor made the rest of the armour profile completely pointless and it was so easy to hit. 

Nerf the lower plate, thats fine. The LFP is really annoying to pen and shouldnt be, but everything else should be left exactly it is, and the E5 becomes balanced. 

I agree the E5 was never op. The fact that it has a weakness visible at all time makes it very balanced. I maybe bounce 1 in every 10 rounds of the cupola and lower plate. Very rarely struggle to pen it if I take more then a seconds to aim. Is7 hull down is unpennable. That's a lot more overpowered in my opinion. I would be fine with the nerfs if they halfed or third the size of the cupola so it could still have some ability to not be a autopen after nerf. A heavy tank having a huge spot that's a auto pen makes its ability to front line non existent 

reading these comments made me feel like im on the official forum.

" The cupola is pennable, even with standard. I know, Ive done it. "

" Is7 hull down is unpennable. That's a lot more overpowered in my opinion "

Notlikethis.........

2 minutes ago, Saffee said:

reading these comments made me feel like im on the official forum.

" The cupola is pennable, even with standard. I know, Ive done it. "

" Is7 hull down is unpennable. That's a lot more overpowered in my opinion "

Notlikethis.........

I mean, both of those statements are true...

well, apart from the IS-7 being overpowered. 

the E5s Tumor is perfectly pennable with Standard, you just have to hit the right spot. its not autopen, its pretty autopen with 300+ pen though

2 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

I mean, both of those statements are true...

well, apart from the IS-7 being overpowered. 

the E5s Tumor is perfectly pennable with Standard, you just have to hit the right spot. its not autopen, its pretty autopen with 300+ pen though

Perfectly pennable with standard rounds? you must be a lot better then me then. 

Is7 hulldown has always been a thing, in return it's reload/DPM is shit, it's got shit pen and cancer accuracy, to even try to use that as an argument for why the E5 is balanced in its current state is just dumb.  

Just now, Saffee said:

Is7 hulldown has always been a thing, in return it's reload/DPM is shit, it's got shit pen and cancer accuracy, to even try to use that as an argument for why the E5 is balanced in its current state is just dumb.  

I don't see how its that hard - im talking tier 10 Med/heavy standard btw. you have to hit the right spot, its like just to the right of the middle where its flat. 

also I didn't use the IS-7 is overpowered thing. the IS-7 is trash. however I still stand by the fact that the tumor doesnt need nerfing

3 minutes ago, Saffee said:

I've penned the E5 cupula many times with standard tier 10 rounds.. it's usually a 50/50 most of the time

13 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

Using tanks.gg, the weakest spot on the copula that I could find is 250mm, basically a 50/50 chance for most tier X heavies (who average around 250mm pen). Jump a pixel left or right and you're looking at 260+.

Is it really a weakspot if top tier tanks need to load gold just to pen it consistently?

3 minutes ago, FavreFan4ever said:

Using tanks.gg, the weakest spot on the copula that I could find is 250mm, basically a 50/50 chance for most tier X heavies (who average around 250mm pen). Jump a pixel left or right and you're looking at 260+.

Is it really a weakspot if top tier tanks need to load gold just to pen it consistently?

I always bounce the VK B lowerplate, same concept with the E5 cupula 

:fat:

5 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

I don't see how its that hard - im talking tier 10 Med/heavy standard btw. you have to hit the right spot, its like just to the right of the middle where its flat. 

also I didn't use the IS-7 is overpowered thing. the IS-7 is trash. however I still stand by the fact that the tumor doesnt need nerfing

I probably agree to a certain degree that I dont think the cupola should be nerfed. If tier 10 meds can go through it with APCR just like in the old days it will be rendered useless since the cupola will always be shown. at that tier with the accuracy of the enemy guns you cant have such a massive weakspot showing no matter how you angle since you need to expose it to fire your gun.

The upper part of the tank needs to be as tough as the other tier 10 heavies.

Lower plate needs to be less troll. 

What I was having an issue with and I am still calling BS on it is that you say with a straight face, np just fire APCR at the the cupola in its current state and you will be fine. 

10 minutes ago, FavreFan4ever said:

but thats the question: why should it be a weakspot? its a huge target, it makes hull down practically pointless, it makes being aggressive difficult, it makes angling pointless. Why should it have such a crippling weakness?

thats the whole point behind my argument. 

a LFP nerf, sure. thats fine. it needs a nerf. but not the tumor, not IMO. 

also, why does tanks.gg not give me the model for the tanks? I just get a blank screen with no model when I try to view it

3 minutes ago, Saffee said:

What I was having an issue with and I am still calling BS on it is that you say with a straight face, np just fire APCR at the the cupola in its current state and you will be fine. 

Im not saying you'll be fine doing it. but its still pennable.