Flametz

Strv 81, Swedish tier 8 premium MT

Urf... it's uh...

It's a Centurion with a 254mm thick turret/235mm gun mantlet and APCR standard/gold. Flying the Swedish flag.

rSmCwD1.png

Stats cards:

BbQj2WN.png

oiVifAq.png

Armor model: z1OnsiQ.png

t9hXmSt.png

More 3D model pics:

txxWaoz.png

dCoqQU9.png

Gamemodels3d just updated an hour ago on this (since the opening post's timestamp)

Other things on update: T-44/100M(?), T-44/85M, Jagdtiger/Tiger II premium thing, the Pz VII is just a VK 72.01K with a nerfed Jagdtiger gun, Mauschen and VK 100.01P are mostly what you saw from previous stats on it.

25 minutes ago, Kolni said:

while it looks nice and all, it's completely pointless as a premium tank for the tree right now.. 

"hey let's train your crew and give you a keeper to train your heavy/TD crew in this nice medium tank :kappa: "

After that they will give us Chinease TD premium

1 hour ago, Anonamous_Quinn said:

So it's basically a centurion I with its pre-HD nerfed armour, slightly less pen, slightly better dpm and prius levels of power/weight.

Not sure about pen, it has lower values in the 'shell boxes' but if you look under the general tab it shows the same pen for both rounds as the Cent 1. Not sure which one is accurate, and it does seem weird to make the round APCR with the same pen.

They should just bring us the fucking hightier mediums at this point, i have NO idea why WG isnt bringing them if they introduce premium mediums. Even worse is the fact that Swedish hightier mediums would be very possible to bring to the game.

17 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

They should just bring us the fucking hightier mediums at this point, i have NO idea why WG isnt bringing them if they introduce premium mediums. Even worse is the fact that Swedish hightier mediums would be very possible to bring to the game.

They'll be released alongside the Chieftain and the Black Prince's top speed- and RoF-buff.

46 minutes ago, WorldConqueror said:

Not sure about pen, it has lower values in the 'shell boxes' but if you look under the general tab it shows the same pen for both rounds as the Cent 1. Not sure which one is accurate, and it does seem weird to make the round APCR with the same pen.

I'm more tempted to believe the shell boxes, and assume the general tab is like that because WG created the stats for the tank by copying the Cent I, and forgot to change the value under general.

While this tank failed to fit neither of the Swedish line crew, it should at least have the ATGM on. But Wargaming is Wargaming tho.:serb:

A 12.8 power/weight with very mediocre terrainresistancevalues (1/1.1/1.9), so in the end it is just a shittier patriot (worse acceleration, worse armor, worse gun) and you can´t even use the crew of a tier 10 tank on it because fuck you.

Even if it was really good there is no point in buying it unless they are going to introduce a tier 10 med or you are really liking your Strv 74

1 hour ago, Fabunil said:

A 12.8 power/weight with very mediocre terrainresistancevalues (1/1.1/1.9), so in the end it is just a shittier patriot (worse acceleration, worse armor, worse gun) and you can´t even use the crew of a tier 10 tank on it because fuck you.

Even if it was really good there is no point in buying it unless they are going to introduce a tier 10 med or you are really liking your Strv 74

Maybe they will introduce it for gold and keep the best prems only available for cash in stupid bundles to milk ppl more.

6 hours ago, WorldConqueror said:

5 hours ago, Anonamous_Quinn said:

I'm more tempted to believe the shell boxes, and assume the general tab is like that because WG created the stats for the tank by copying the Cent I, and forgot to change the value under general.

Lower penetration value in boxes is the minimum penetration of the shell after hitting its maximum distance due to penetration dropoff.

1 hour ago, Archaic_One said:

I wonder if they have a tree split planned down the road, if not this is just silly

Pubs bought black versions of already existing tanks with exactly the same stats. This new prem isn't the worst idea that would give money to SerB&WG.

Why is this not Strv K.

Kranvagn hull with Centurion 3 (elite tier 8 turret) and 105mm Natogun.

That would mean slightly more upper plate (5mm), more lower plate (40mm), 35mm side armour compared to the current tier 10 and would make it a decent heavium (historically lighter with proper (higher) engine HP. But no. Clone. Yays.

Can the Cent 1 and Cent 7/1 have this turret please?

Like seriously, a clone of a British tank, better than the British tank..........

And yeh this is just a crappier Patriot. 

i'd truly like to believe that WG is bringing this in prior to unveiling a true Swedish medium tank branch up to tier 10, even if its just gonna be some more Swedish Centurions. 

I mean in terms of historicity the Strv 81 at least existed unlike their other premium tanks like Skorpion G.

but then again, historicity hasn't been the main point of WoT nowadays

On 04/02/2017 at 6:22 PM, ThomChen114 said:

i'd truly like to believe that WG is bringing this in prior to unveiling a true Swedish medium tank branch up to tier 10, even if its just gonna be some more Swedish Centurions. 

I mean in terms of historicity the Strv 81 at least existed unlike their other premium tanks like Skorpion G.

but then again, historicity hasn't been the main point of WoT nowadays

I agree.  Looks like I'll have to get this, because this makes another British Premium LL Tank, that is better than the British Premiums themselves, after the Matilda IV and the Churchill III.  

19 hours ago, 21Blackjack said:

I agree.  Looks like I'll have to get this, because this makes another British Premium LL Tank, that is better than the British Premiums themselves, after the Matilda IV and the Churchill III.  

i'm also inclined to get the Strv 81. Only because i'm a big fan of the Centurions.