BedakCoa

9.17.1 Announced SH changes

Yo Wotlabs community, I want to hear your opinion about changes that were announced for Skirmishes and Stronghold Attacks/Defences :serb:
I personally dislike Tier8 Skirmish format changes, it will make tryharding much more rewarding, and usage of premium tanks to make 2mil/hour difficult for green pleb like myself :feelsbad:
Referring to changes posted here http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/update-9-17-1-strongholds/

My first serious post, pls no buli :MingLee:

I liked 10v10 tier 8 battles. Well at least it'll be easier to get a SH started.

So, all who fight in a Stronghold battle will receive the same amount of Industrial Resource regardless of whether they fought till the end or were outed from the battle at the very beginning

Yo wtf. I play hard for them boxes. Hello welfare system it looks like wargaming is really exited to add you.

Edited by Zepherex

Well, to be quite honest tier 8 matchmaking was broken unless you're playing during peak hours.

At least now we can play "pubs" while not playing pubs but instead grind credits in public strongholds.

Welcome to the beginning of the no pub era

So... Employee posted this on the EU forums about the 7v7 change

Hey guys,
7 versus 7 format in Tier VIII skirmishes has it's upsides and downsides. We have carefully analyzed available data and responses from thousands of players in surveys (which are both the best ways to actually measure how many players share certain opinion), before coming to conclusions.

We found out that 10v10 format in Tier VIII is a major roadblock for smaller clans to step up from Tier VI. Obviously, Tier VIII tanks are required as well, but one of the main reasons as indicated by clan players is the bigger team size. We hope that team size reduction in Tier VIII will make it easier for some clans that are stuck in Tier VI skirmishes to try out Tier VIII. It's not really debatable: assembling a team of 7 people is easier than for a team of 10.

Having the same team size for both Tier VI and VIII will also make it easier for clans to swap between Tiers if they wish to, without the need to find more players, or having some members removed from the team. Many players enjoy swapping tiers while playing Random battles and same team size for T6 and T8 definitely will help to make it possible also in Skirmishes.

One more point is tactical diversity. We know and agree that smaller teams equal less variety in terms of strategy, but on the other hand, this way Tier VIII skirmishes will be more accessible for clan without extremely skillful field commanders. They will still need to take a huge leap if they want to compete in Tier X - both in terms of skill, vehicles and team size required.

All in all, we want to make Tier VIII more accessible and popular for smaller clans - a viable alternative for Tier VI.

1) God I miss negs. Your post deserves it just like Content_NA would get

2) By creating this 7v7 BARRIER TO ENTRY to YOUR STATED END GAME (Which, is Tier 10 CW) you're rendering it MUCH harder for clans to form VIABLE strats to MOVE UPWARDS. Heres why:
With 10 tanks, it allows for diversity. You're able to field a couple auto-loaders, some standard HTs, a MT or two, arty, and scout. This matches what almost EVERY tier 10 battle could look like. However, by changing the meta to 7v7, you're now looking at another failed game-mode and thats team-battles. With 7v7 tier 8, you're creating a HARD BARRIER to a growing FC to develop methods of attacking and defending which translate. You're killing diversity. Theres no room for arty. Theres no room for MTs. Theres no room for TDs. Its 5 heavies, two lights, go. Sure, the "bigger" clans (which, is ANOTHER ISSUE I have with your statement) can mercilessly adapt and destroy, but they're just going to be THAT much further ahead of the game.

3) Roadblocks are NOT THE SAME AS BARRIER TO ENTRY that you're now creating. A roadblock can be bypassed by growing your clan. This is a CLAN issue, NOT a WG issue. If you cannot field 10 players, only THREE MORE than 7, WG needs to work on ENTICING entry TO the clan, which is a CLAN issue NOT a game-mode issue. But no, you have to create this simple and mindless BARRIER.

4) And, wtf: Clans are all generally the same size, 90-100 players. Never more, sometimes Less. What you REALLY mean is MORE SKILLED clans instead of BIGGER clans. Oh, but GG you're making that gap LARGER between skill/less skilled, so... good job there?

5) You've already killed off Tier 6 CW on the EU, and its dead on the RU server, and will die soon on NA (Thank GOD). Just kill off the 7v7 format already, keep it to MINIMUM 10v10 for tier 8, and we'd LOVE IT were it changed to 12v12 which would allow for MORE growth AND more developement of the players skill base in organized play, leading to better results in YOUR STATED END GAME

And that was my general reply

One thing I noticed is that the change to skirmish mode is conspicuously absent from the NA server announcement, while it's there for both the RU and EU announcements. I assume it's an oversight by WGA. I made a thread on the official forums to ask for clarification but have gotten no response so far.

2 hours ago, Tjerry said:

Given the ever declining NA population, am I the only one that would like to see a 7v7 or 10v10 Tier X format?

Just you. :) 

7v7 random map, random opponent doesn't work with the existing map rotation.  It encourages camping which encourages bringing arty which means when two teams of similar skill that don't camp meet the one who didn't bring arty will usually win.  And while you can break bad camps on every map except Mountain Pass (and maybe north spawn Himmels) pretty easily you have to work at it for way too long for it to be enjoyable and profitable. 

I think a 10v10 TX would work alright.  I still think if they'd gone with 10v10 T8, 10v10 TX, and 15v15 TX for CW 2.0 it would have found a lot more success than the T6/T8/TX split. 

3 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

So... Employee posted this on the EU forums about the 7v7 change

1) God I miss negs. Your post deserves it just like Content_NA would get

2) By creating this 7v7 BARRIER TO ENTRY to YOUR STATED END GAME (Which, is Tier 10 CW) you're rendering it MUCH harder for clans to form VIABLE strats to MOVE UPWARDS. Heres why:
With 10 tanks, it allows for diversity. You're able to field a couple auto-loaders, some standard HTs, a MT or two, arty, and scout. This matches what almost EVERY tier 10 battle could look like. However, by changing the meta to 7v7, you're now looking at another failed game-mode and thats team-battles. With 7v7 tier 8, you're creating a HARD BARRIER to a growing FC to develop methods of attacking and defending which translate. You're killing diversity. Theres no room for arty. Theres no room for MTs. Theres no room for TDs. Its 5 heavies, two lights, go. Sure, the "bigger" clans (which, is ANOTHER ISSUE I have with your statement) can mercilessly adapt and destroy, but they're just going to be THAT much further ahead of the game.

3) Roadblocks are NOT THE SAME AS BARRIER TO ENTRY that you're now creating. A roadblock can be bypassed by growing your clan. This is a CLAN issue, NOT a WG issue. If you cannot field 10 players, only THREE MORE than 7, WG needs to work on ENTICING entry TO the clan, which is a CLAN issue NOT a game-mode issue. But no, you have to create this simple and mindless BARRIER.

4) And, wtf: Clans are all generally the same size, 90-100 players. Never more, sometimes Less. What you REALLY mean is MORE SKILLED clans instead of BIGGER clans. Oh, but GG you're making that gap LARGER between skill/less skilled, so... good job there?

5) You've already killed off Tier 6 CW on the EU, and its dead on the RU server, and will die soon on NA (Thank GOD). Just kill off the 7v7 format already, keep it to MINIMUM 10v10 for tier 8, and we'd LOVE IT were it changed to 12v12 which would allow for MORE growth AND more developement of the players skill base in organized play, leading to better results in YOUR STATED END GAME

And that was my general reply

INB4 you get a 3 day timeout because you were "inciting unrest"

Because these WG mods are fucking retarded

3 hours ago, Strigonx said:

INB4 you get a 3 day timeout because you were "inciting unrest"

Because these WG mods are fucking retarded

Thats ok, Ive been told by an NA dev he's quoting me on the NA feedback form

Can someone explain ? 

New Reserves Classification

Revised, reserves will get divided into 3 groups. And instead of activating just one at a time (the way it works currently), you’ll be able to have two (from the 1st and 2nd groups) simultaneously:

• Reserves that provide additional crew and Free XP
  • Reserves that give additional credits and vehicle experience
NOTE: The effect of Battle Payments and Additional Briefing will differ depending on the battle mode: they will provide fewer additional rewards in Random Battles, and more of them in clan battles. So, if you really want to rake in the money, play clan battles.
  • Reserves that increase Combat Reserves efficiency and the amount of Industrial Resource earned. (These can be enabled in a battle room before an Advance or a Skirmish.)

Good, so now I'll be able to play more tX strongholds and maybe get good at some tanks without destroying their already terrible stats, and grind some crews/tanks..

What I'd like to see is the freaking 7/68 format in team battles, and not be forced to play only esl/faceit/whatever tournaments (losing my sanity with wire and other retarded third party software).

Is it that hard to achieve?

7v7 t8 is fine, it kills variety and may prevent new clans from developing tactics and shit, but at least I can play anything that's not a Bromwell or a type 64 (really, there are 2 tanks playable in tier 6, everything else is just a piece of turd on tracks) and have some fun.

2 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

so tl,dr version

Tier 8 is new fastbois and airstrikes still exist?

:facepalm:

The whole thing with fastbois though is Type 64/Bromwell/T37 can still compete easily with RU/Jap heavies because view range and camo. At T8 half of the heavies have 400+m view range, so the corridor meta ruins any chance of teams of CDC, T54 LT, the billion RU meds, etc from competing vs IS3/50100. It's forcing a more "best generalist" tank on everyone and reducing the impact of skillful play. Fucking abysmal. 

17 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Stupid question: but why you cant allow both forms? With one you can practise the other will allow smaller clans to play

cuz wg.

they ask themselves: is there any way we can improve this thing without killing it?

and they answer: yes, we can, but we don't give a shit and kill it anyway..

2 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

cuz wg.

they ask themselves: is there any way we can improve this thing without killing it?

and they answer: yes, we can, but we don't give a shit and kill it anyway.. know what know what we are doing since we don't play the game

I honestly wonder how many games combine the people who made that decision for 7v7 have in SH. 10 games per person, tops ? 

15 hours ago, DHP said:

Glad to hear those changes got reversed. Our clan recently got into T8 StrongHold fights & it was a fun diversion from our TeamBattle fights we do in weekends. The different setups allow for variety when playing.

Also, we tend to have very diverse line-ups & the Stronghold 10 tank format is just alot friendlier to creative setups. TeamBattles is just fighting IS-3 swarms for the majority of battles (albeit Patriots are creeping in there). I see way more diverse (and hence more fun) teams in StrongHold battles.

Oh wait, you can still look for SHs to join without getting an invitation.

Ruck fandoms in tier 8s :doge:

Forget what I said a couple of posts above :kappa: