Sign in to follow this  
Tankthief

Dummy explanations about 9.17.1

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/9171-publictest/

Seems the patch is almost ready, but i still didnt quite get it what WG is trying to achieve with all those tanks changes. WoT is starting to remind me fo World of Warcraft, where every patch they changed the mechanics of classes, obliging you to re-learn everything again.

So, whats the broader aspect of this patch? German buff? Heavy tank buff? Specific tanks re-balances? MEDIUM TANKS nerf?

I mean as far as the game goes they aren't doing much to the gameplay that much, they are buffing a shitload of tank and nerfing two other. 

The biggest change is the T9 and 10 japaneses heavys with big derpy boomstick but that's about it. You definitely won't have to relearn the entire game. 

Now when the entire rebalance/redo of the light tanks lines comes, then that’s a whole other shenanigan.

Or the Sandbox.. Still don't understand why they want to redo the entire game in sandbox. But as far as .9.17.1 goes it won't be that much of a "meta" change.

Superheavy armor. Highlights are:

Type 5 now heat-resistant, Maus cheeks are now able to bounce while unangled. Added the VK/Pz 7 and a pair of new super heavies. 

As far as I'm concerned, the small buffs and nerfs they're making to the German mediums, British mediums and the E5 are just comfort changes. 

"We rebalanced the high caliber gun in the sandbox server. Making the 183, jpe,4005 and arties less annoying. Meanwhile, we are introducing the buffed type5 heavy with 1400 alpha no-aim derp gun"

10/10 wargaming logic

:serb:

32 minutes ago, Megumin said:

"We rebalanced the high caliber gun in the sandbox server. Making the 183, jpe,4005 and arties less annoying. Meanwhile, we are introducing the buffed type5 heavy with 1400 alpha no-aim derp gun"

Like JPE100 and 4005 have real advantages besides 1000+ alpha. While ISU have 750 @ T8 with 286 pen. Foch made really good video about changes (at least for SB).

Tbf nothing new.

Vk has been around for a while, even though it's quite rare to see, this time it doesn't blap you for 750 and it's called pzkpfw 7.

Jap boxes are still heat magnets, but now they can fuck your paper tank, or completely ruin your game by destroying your gun, your tracks and the engine of the tank behind you without even hitting.

Grille will take 5 extra seconds to ruin your match.

E5 lost some armour but don't worry, people will still spam premium shells at it.

Then what, oh, some minor buffs here and there to mid tier tanks, now short 88s have a decent premium shell penetration and they can finally have a chance to pen O-Is from the front.

Almost forgot, E50M armour nerf because you know, it's not Russian.

What are they trying to achieve? Well, they released the Japanese heavy line 18 months ago. Unfortunately, it was so universally shit that no one decided to go get the tier 10. This upset the WG accountants, so they sent a message to the devs: make people spend money to get the Type 5. Then, with a few swigs of vodka, the balance team came up with a brilliant idea to make the Type 5 playable: make it the most retard-proof tank in the game. Now everyone will get one! Problem solved, tovarisch.

Type 4 and Type 5 Heavy Mega Buffs
its like what made the KV-2 hilarious at tier 6, and so they turned that up to 10 with the Type 4 and 5 Heavy tanks. Its such a lazy ass decision for those tanks, but also sadly made sense. That was apparently the appeal of the Japanese sumo tanks from tier 5 and up. So it made sense to them to make that way. But that doesn't mean it isn't broken.

Sure, like most things they'll be vulnerable in the open or when flanked. But it won't matter. They can easily just choose to sling HE from behind the TDs, and good luck hitting and penetrating them in return from long range. They've got 15-10 mins to just spam HE from afar to still do devastating damage (and higher potential module/crew damage as well!) at any ranges, and unlike the Deathstars they have plenty of ammo to spam.

Lead the charge in a superheavy tank? More like supervise from the rear.

2 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

I played the type 5 for the first time on the CT, I saw a hulldown t30 and casually splashed him for 670 damage, fucking his gun, turret and driver.

#skills

Because fuck aiming weakspots or armor, this is just another arty. And arty is what's wrong with game in first place. 

1 hour ago, BlackAdder said:

Because fuck aiming weakspots or armor, this is just another arty. And arty is what's wrong with game in first place. 

Yes, and this time it has some armour as well. It reminds me of a tier 10 lefh

16 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Almost forgot, E50M armour nerf because you know, it's not Russian.

Wut? Hd model is nerf for 50M? Haven't seen any info on that, so could someone pls explain.

PS. Trying to decide if I can live with 20 kph topspeed Maus or should I buy 50M instead... one of those two I will get, not sure which one.

1 hour ago, Taze said:

Wut? Hd model is nerf for 50M? Haven't seen any info on that, so could someone pls explain.

PS. Trying to decide if I can live with 20 kph topspeed Maus or should I buy 50M instead... one of those two I will get, not sure which one.

LFP angle is changed, UFP lost about 10mm effective. Also they enlarged whole hull if i saw right (taller, longer). 

Maus is bit better, but that doesn't stop excessive HEAT spam on turret and LFP. It's still a threat but I successfully fucked one with E5. Also i liked E50 better than E50M, because it's mediocre T10 tank. T9 is just about right.

also slight nerf to the cupola, went from being 100% sloped to have a flat ring and then the sloped hatch on top, not that it really matters.

E50M, despite being the same tank as the E50, was smaller in size (idk, probably they washed it the wrong way and it shrinked).

now they have the same model.