kunjuro

Arty in Sandbox (WG Video)

On 06/02/2017 at 10:35 PM, Spartan96 said:

Fuck Arty

And yet you three marked your T92.

If there's one thing that consistently proves to be the fucking worst mechanic in any kind of pvp or action game, it's stunning. It's like they want to make their game worse.

Yeah, a BC 58 ruined me last night on Himmels, I was actually having a great game and the perma-stun + 300 HP each time in an M48 = yuk

I will say that the interface for stun is MUCH MUCH better this time than on previous sandbox.  Last year stun was so disorienting that I normally just quit when I was stunned.  The huge splash means that even with reusable rep kit, once you get tracked you are going to stay tracked.  

Stunning still feels like a death sentence in any tank caught in the open.  I am actually more fearful of doing a hard push in SB because arty never fucking misses and you WILL be tracked in the open if you push.  

I have tried to play arty in SB a few times, but with arty players trying to load into SB games at a 2:1 ratio of all other players combined, I have timed out each time.

I got an 8 v 8 in an E100 on prok with 3 arty each side last night.  I did 400 HE damage on a Grille and died horribly seconds later.  Brick tanks on open maps with multiple arty is already a nightmare, the SB iteration of arty will make it a suicide counseling level nightmare. 

edit:

Anfield just posted this.  Check out the splash through the rocks at the end.  Also, holy team damage batman.  Still, seems like generally a good thing.

The only concern will be the BC 155 58.  Yes this change isn't the best, we want shorter stun times but overall........this is better than what we have at the moment.

This will also benefit blues and unicums much more than people believe.  Remember guys, below average players play arty for the SOLE PURPOSE OF RUINING BLUES AND UNICUMS GAMES.

Just want to point that out

17 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Yeah, a BC 58 ruined me last night on Himmels, I was actually having a great game and the perma-stun + 300 HP each time in an M48 = yuk

How the fuck can you get perma track by the 58 with 7.5sec reload and a reusable repair kit ? Bad crew + already used rep kit ? I mean this is going to be much more rare than the live server anyway.

The changes to arty that I am seeing right now seems to be going in the right direction (with the new reusable consumables).

@Anfield actually seems to like this new concept of arty. Which is a good suprise concerning his view of HE mechanic right now.:party:

What they need to work on now is splash through obstacle. You really shouldn't be taking damage when arty splash on the other side of a rock from where you are or at least not in any significant numbers. 

Is that video for real? 20 second stun is worse than 800dmg to a front line heavy! Even a full HP maus corner fighting will lose all its HP in 20 seconds if it gets stunned there.

And by that video a splash or a direct hit, stun for almost the same amount of time!!!
PLEASE WG STOP TRYING TO FIX STUFF!!

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/02/10/sandbox-stun-changes-detailed-info/

Well, it was too good to be true apparently.

Changes:

The guaranteed Stun time was increased from 30% to 45% of the maximum shell Stun time.

The Stun’s de-buff to accuracy was increased by 50% from 1.25 to 1.75.

Now permastun will be much more common and you won't hit much when stunned. 

Ugh, I played in the sandbox yesterday with some Medium tanks. 

Every stun seemed to last 22 seconds. 50% more stun time at worse crew skills would suck. In one game I was hit four times.

The accuracy and blast diameter is a big buff for Arty. Several times I was hit at full speed on the move and tracked/stunned. Every time you get hit by arty, you need to tap both your First aid and repair kits.

Also most cover is now too small for the blast diameter unless you're behind a city building.

On one note when attacking the Arty in their base, they can hit near you to track and stun you but can't shotgun you as the tier ten arty would only hit for 500 hit points.

On 2/10/2017 at 2:33 AM, DHP said:

How the fuck can you get perma track by the 58 with 7.5sec reload and a reusable repair kit ? Bad crew + already used rep kit ? I mean this is going to be much more rare than the live server anyway.

It felt a lot faster than 7.5 seconds, plus he was easily able to hit me on the move - the accuracy of that clicker is frightening.

this is what you'll run into when you try to balance a broken class

you either nerf it to oblivion and have arty players whine, or you keep it appealing for the slot machine fetishists at the cost of having it be cancer to play against

too bad they seem more concerned about the feelings of the pro-arty crowd :/

1 hour ago, Fulvin said:

this is what you'll run into when you try to balance a broken class

you either nerf it to oblivion and have arty players whine, or you keep it appealing for the slot machine fetishists at the cost of having it be cancer to play against

too bad they seem more concerned about the feelings of the pro-arty crowd :/

I would go with the nerf to oblivion

Easy solution:

1. announcement on the WG portal:

The class is cancer, we aim to reduce its popularity to 0,5 arty per game. If you want to keep the arty in its current form you have to play a lot of games in other classes.

2. Since it won't happen, I would start the nerf by cutting the alpha and pen in third without compensation.

3. Would introduce bullshit mechanics like ammo failure, siege mode for arty with long switching time, 50m view range, visible tracers etc.

4. If it would actually drop bellow 0,5 arty per game, then it is too unpopular, so after the arty players suffered enough, I would remove it.

5. Profit

After seeing some stun gameplay I have to say, that it is not as bad as I imagined it. I was under the impression that when you are stuned you can't do shit when stunned. I thought it is the same like your crew would been knocked out. But this is not the case. It is more of a debuff. You lose 20(?)% reload speed, view range etc. You still can drive around and take part in the fight but your tank handles more like a tank with 50% crew. This is something I can life with. 

3 hours ago, hall0 said:

After seeing some stun gameplay I have to say, that it is not as bad as I imagined it. I was under the impression that when you are stuned you can't do shit when stunned. I thought it is the same like your crew would been knocked out. But this is not the case. It is more of a debuff. You lose 20(?)% reload speed, view range etc. You still can drive around and take part in the fight but your tank handles more like a tank with 50% crew. This is something I can life with. 

I was also under the same impression in my last post. That seemed to be the case in that WG video.

8 hours ago, hall0 said:

You are underestimating the fact that people can rush you or that you generally tracked plus possible crew member knockout. Also arty can hit you almost anywhere. 

My biggest concern with the increase of the splash radius is when you will play key positions on maps like El Halluf where even B2 could not be arty safe anymore

Stun is fine, I've played plenty of games on Sandbox and I'd honestly be perfectly happy with the changes.

They were never going to remove arty, just aint going to happen, so this as an alternative to what we currently have is much preferable. 

The med kits and repair kits hard counter the stun and if you run prem ones (which is not hard to do with all the ones WG give away) then you are only down for 60s without one. Prem med kits also has a passive bonus to it against stun. 

Damage has gone right down, annoyingly very thin stuff you can still be penned, like had the side of my Leo 1 penned for like 950 or something, but it's rare and it's still way less, like T92 has gone from what 2250 to 1250.

Most arty hits range from 200 - 500 damage at worst.

Also don't worry about the stun changes, that is to impact heavy tanks with super heavy spall liners. Like Maus, E100 and Type 5 were getting the stun down to literally 3s, which is a bit pointless.

Bat Chat arty only has 3 shells as well and only does 750 max, you'll hit for 200-300 against most stuff with it and it doesn't have the splash range the others do. Sure a platoon focusing will be complete BS, but they are now and on sandbox you are likely to survive that, whereas on live you aren't.

People should also remember one key thing here, most players play arty to screw people over, to troll people with those big one shots and high alpha hits.  The average arty bob is going to drop arty like a stone if sandbox changes come live, on sandbox forums those type of players are already whining their tits off about the damage reduction and getting neg repped to kingdom come for it as well. 

If these changes go live, then this is de facto arty removal, not because arty will become useless (it's actually way more reliable and consistent) but because of the types of players that currently play it won't be interested in a team support debuff class. When they can't smack the unicum for 1.5k HP, they won't play.  So arty numbers will plummet for a while until new players pick it up.

But honestly, even with 3 arty, the game is way more playable on Sandbox, I played on Prohk with 4 arty and could have a good game.