16 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

The bios update to get them to work will be early next year.

Yep, that's what I said previously. So... we should stay tuned and monitor the prices on all that stuff! :biglaugh:

In related news, Intel is basically dead to anyone able to find a Zen 3 CPU who does more than play Red Dead Redemption 2. Rocket Lake is unlikely to do more than restore status quo, and that's if Intel can maintain Skylake's clocks.

On 11/9/2020 at 6:57 PM, TouchFluffyTail said:

In related news, Intel is basically dead to anyone able to find a Zen 3 CPU who does more than play Red Dead Redemption 2. Rocket Lake is unlikely to do more than restore status quo, and that's if Intel can maintain Skylake's clocks.

It seems that the only Ryzen CPU that anyone has a chance of getting without using bots is the 5600X.  One discord I'm on, the people there are using bots in an attempt to get a single 5900X and 5950X.

It's like everything else silicon right now. Scalpers scraping up what little stock there is to turn a quick profit on people desperate for a GPU/CPU/Console.

Rocket lake might be some competitiveness back to Intel's offerings, hopefully they'll have HEDT Rocket Lake or Tiger Lake to go with it

Here it goes!
No blocking issues so far, maybe I'll get some money to replace my SATA SSD (ADATA SU900) with NVMe one. The Wraith Spire cooling solution I use now doesn't let the CPU to heat up higher than 70 deg. Celsius in Vulkan-based games like DOOM (2016). Now I'm really happy to put aside my old LGA1150 hardware and enjoy blasting Ryzen 5 3600X performance. :maniac:

image.thumb.png.572eed5d3b99824ff48a4f4cd970f6b1.png

Edited by DrWeb7_1
Spoilers don't work here...