leggasiini

Ultimate masochist challenge: American Derp MT line

I got this crazy idea after playing the test server...

Brief backstory:

Earlier today i decided i want to start doing T-55A and well, maybe Obj 260 missions. As i play almost only HTs (with few TDs and Revalorise) these days, this means i would have to get good LTs, MTs and (unfortunely) arta. Well, i will rebuy WZ-132 when LT rework arrives, and i probably will rebuy FV3805 and/or M44 for arta missions. But what about mediums?

I do already have Ravioli (and Mod 1 which is collecting dust but will see usage as long as it gets new crew) so there is that, but i decided i need tier 10 MT that i would enjoy playing. Due to Americans having nice gun handling + view range + depression, stuff i like, i did put Fatton to my consideration list.

---------------------------------

So, what about my line challenge?

My challenge is that i grind the American MT line. Wait what, you would ask, right? Grinding one of the most pleasant line to grind doesnt seem like challenge at all, right? Wrong. There is one twist. Let me correct my sentence.

My challenge is that i grind the American MT line with 105mm derp gun. Including Patton. Thats right. All way from tier 5 to tier 9. If you didnt know, all the tanks in the entire line gets the same derp gun. You might know i love derp guns, and i am masochist, so why not bring extra spice and challenge to my grind?

I already have grinded through M4 Sherman and played few games with Jumbo (which i sold later on however). I will buy Jumbo on few days, and will do "status updates" on the thread. I will post my stats etc. from each tank.

I wont grind this line like a crazy. No, this is not like Kranvagn marathon. I think it will take months, until i finish, but it should be fun.

Wish me good luck...bruh...

------------------------

Currently at Sherman Jumbo (tier 6)

Normally I'd say "No, don't do that. You're going to fuck your team with that useless derp". But teams fuck us all every battle so it's time fuck them back.

GL, upload best replays.

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

I got this crazy idea after playing the test server...

Brief backstory:

Earlier today i decided i want to start doing T-55A and well, maybe Obj 260 missions. As i play almost only HTs (with few TDs and Revalorise) these days, this means i would have to get good LTs, MTs and (unfortunely) arta. Well, i will rebuy WZ-132 when LT rework arrives, and i probably will rebuy FV3805 and/or M44 for arta missions. But what about mediums?

I do already have Ravioli (and Mod 1 which is collecting dust but will see usage as long as it gets new crew) so there is that, but i decided i need tier 10 MT that i would enjoy playing. Due to Americans having nice gun handling + view range + depression, stuff i like, i did put Fatton to my consideration list.

---------------------------------

So, what about my line challenge?

My challenge is that i grind the American MT line. Wait what, you would ask, right? Grinding one of the most pleasant line to grind doesnt seem like challenge at all, right? Wrong. There is one twist. Let me correct my sentence.

My challenge is that i grind the American MT line with 105mm derp gun. Including Patton. Thats right. All way from tier 5 to tier 9. If you didnt know, all the tanks in the entire line gets the same derp gun. You might know i love derp guns, and i am masochist, so why not bring extra spice and challenge to my grind?

I already have grinded through M4 Sherman and played few games with Jumbo (which i sold later on however). I will buy Jumbo on few days, and will do "status updates" on the thread. I will post my stats etc. from each tank.

I wont grind this line like a crazy. No, this is not like Kranvagn marathon. I think it will take months, until i finish, but it should be fun.

Wish me good luck...bruh...

------------------------

Currently at Sherman Jumbo (tier 6)

Try out the easy 8 with the derp. I always wanted and i will in far future when i will grind the patton line. 

7 minutes ago, hall0 said:

Only HE or will you use HEAT as well? Not like it would matter in higher tiers, but I am curious. 

Will use few HEAT on tier 6, maybe tier 7 but after that will go just full HE.

36 minutes ago, CheekiBreeki_ said:

Sure, more free farm for me

Too bad that your on wrong server :serb: 

3 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

It should have decent ammo capacity, would you still load a few HEAT shells at tier 8/9? You should be able to do some damage with them at least.

I dont know, i will most likely spam quite alot blind shots etc. as the damage dealing potential is obv poor. There could be few targets where i could load HEAT, but almost always i could either do little dmg with HE when i cant pen HEAT, and then when you can pen HEAT you often can pen with HE too and have chance to atleast do little dmg when you fail to pen.

I will load probs few HEAT (like 5 at most) but will almost never use it. We will see tho.

I hope you get more wn8 than adztownstike

6 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

I assume you've all seen this . . . 

That video give me cancer

6 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

I assume you've all seen this . . . 

it helped that he managed to control the hill largely uncontested. but otherwise, just a typical Circon game.

im tempted to play my Patton the same way. Gonna have to find anyone crazy enough to run it with me.

7 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Will use few HEAT on tier 6, maybe tier 7 but after that will go just full HE.

6 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Too bad that your on wrong server :serb: 

I dont know, i will most likely spam quite alot blind shots etc. as the damage dealing potential is obv poor. There could be few targets where i could load HEAT, but almost always i could either do little dmg with HE when i cant pen HEAT, and then when you can pen HEAT you often can pen with HE too and have chance to atleast do little dmg when you fail to pen.

I will load probs few HEAT (like 5 at most) but will almost never use it. We will see tho.

While I cannot claim to have your affinity for the HT derp play, I have some experience using the derps in all these battle tiers. I had a fun 4k WN8 session the other week, tiers 5-9 using all derp guns. M4 , Jumbo, VK2801, and T49 of course. There is no BT8-10 derp tank in my garage. I am sure I could anticipate what you'd recommend to remedy that...

Anyways, my recommendation is to learn those HEAT breakpoints, because the difference between ~120 non pen HE and 350 HEAT pen makes games happen. I 100% marked the VK2801 which will see the same tiers as a T20derp. Stuff you want HEAT for... German 80mm sides, IS series butts, USA TDs, and then just reliable pens on paper tanks in key situations. It pays off nicely to, high credit to damage ratio. Standard protocol is HE to track, and then reposition for a juicy HEAT pen.

As for Perishing and Patton...you should probably get your hands on a T49 before it gets castrated...

51 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

I 100% marked the VK2801 which will see the same tiers as a T20derp. Stuff you want HEAT for... German 80mm sides, IS series butts, USA TDs, and then just reliable pens on paper tanks in key situations. It pays off nicely to, high credit to damage ratio. Standard protocol is HE to track, and then reposition for a juicy HEAT pen.

Without side-tracking the topic too much, any advice for this? I'm only trying to 2 mark mine but finding it pretty horrible. Did you have a decent or ghetto crew?

4 minutes ago, thebigpod said:

Without side-tracking the topic too much, any advice for this? I'm only trying to 2 mark mine but finding it pretty horrible. Did you have a decent or ghetto crew?

Check out recent posts in the 2801 thread from me and dualmaster333 and check out both our replays. Lots of materials there and I'll field any questions in those places.

If you need/want help I can platoon with you. Just pm i have the same name on my wot account. I d like to see how this turns out from first row seat

5 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Maybe to further gimp i should just add additional rule and that is playing them full HE. What you think?:serb: 

Sub-optimal play for the point of sub-optimal play is dumb. You might as well play 1,000 games in the IS-4 with the stock gun. 

4 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Sub-optimal play for the point of sub-optimal play is dumb. You might as well play 1,000 games in the IS-4 with the stock gun. 

Dont give him more ideas :kappa:

18 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

IS-4 with stock gun with HE only and 30% crew ain't that bad. At least on test sever.