kreso03

How to play AMX line on Mines and Pilsen

As the title suggests, how do you play them? They are small maps, especially Mines, with very limited flanking/sniping options.

Also one of the problems I have with AMX heavies on Mines, is that you will never, ever reload on time to shoot mediums going to hill.

Edited by kreso03
Forgot to add I meant AMX heavy tanks

Do you mean the lights or the heavies? Higher tier heavies will commonly load in time to hit meds running to the hill on Mines.

whether you go on hill is dependent on their team comp, if they have 2 or more fast tanks or their fast tanks > yours dont go up the hill, go control 2 line and watch how the game plays out to see if you can get on the hill at a later time

You have to remember tier 8+ on the AMX light/med line has ~40 second clips and wont be loaded when you rush hill for 5-10 seconds, which would let them shoot/ram you

1L2GU0L.png

regarding the 2 line || if north spawn, you can push down to K line later in the game if applicable. But from south spawn, dont push much into or past the D line since there are always some nerds camping A4

AMX heavies? just support on the 8-9 since mouth of hill is where arty aims the most, can really only play mouth if your team controls hill

2 hours ago, zyl said:

Do you mean the lights or the heavies? Higher tier heavies will commonly load in time to hit meds running to the hill on Mines.

Ah, my bad, thought it would be obvious that I was talking about heavy line.

And heavy tanks certainly can't load on time, I was once running 50B with coffee, and still wasn't able to load on time to shoot mediums going to hill.

14 hours ago, kreso03 said:

As the title suggests, how do you play them? They are small maps, especially Mines, with very limited flanking/sniping options.

Also one of the problems I have with AMXs on Mines, is that you will never, ever reload on time to shoot mediums going to hill.

I play my AMX like almost any ~fast soft sniper tank I own CDC, batchat, leo, M60.

Here is for the south deployment of Mines a map.

nj9wQBl.jpg

Keep in mind any of the green areas can be good, if used properly under the correct circumstance.

1, 2, and 3 are generally good initial deployment areas, it depends on the circumstances, if they have a lot of heavies 1 might be your best bet, if you have a lot of heavy TDs 3 or 2 might be your best option so you don't waste HP, and let the enemy grind themselves out by exposing themselves on the hill.

3.1 or 3.2 are generally good areas to move based on how the battle is progressing, if you can take 3.1 you are able to flank enemies near the the approach to the hill, are able to fire at base camping TDs, and also artillery. 3.2 is more defensive, if you can not contain the area around 3, then 3.2 is a safe option, allowing you to spot and punish enemies for moving up without cover.

2.1 allows you to spot enemy TDs and also attack enemy heavies right underneath the hill. 1 and 1.1 allow many side and rear shots into mostly enemy heavies and TDs, and also allows you to spot base camping TDs. If you are good at camo, these spots can pay off tremendously. But don't get proxied, there is a good chance you will be taking massive damage if you get lit and have to move out of the area.

Maybe if I feel like it I'll post a north version too. I haven't played in a LONG time, so I have no clue how the new physics affect this map.

11 hours ago, Raj said:

2.1 allows you to spot enemy TDs and also attack enemy heavies right underneath the hill. 1 and 1.1 allow many side and rear shots into mostly enemy heavies and TDs, and also allows you to spot base camping TDs. If you are good at camo, these spots can pay off tremendously. But don't get proxied, there is a good chance you will be taking massive damage if you get lit and have to move out of the area.

Were you talking about AMX medium or heavy line?
I don't think it's really good idea to spot with AMX 50 120. :)

13 hours ago, kreso03 said:

Were you talking about AMX medium or heavy line?
I don't think it's really good idea to spot with AMX 50 120. :)

Although I was talking about AMX lights, I actually played my French heavies very similar, 50 100 and 50b. Cut out the spotting part though, you have LOTS of ammo to work with so you can blindfire far better. You aren't a tank to straight up armor brawl, so it's not like these positions are going to be complete ass. You can use them, but although you're kinda more limited, you also have a few options aswell like blasting away AP at the enemy base for 2 full clips if they have a lot of TDs.