Reppic27

Realization of How Dependant a Team is on You!

So I'm playing scouts today and yesterday mostly... I never realize how dependent a team is on you as a player... I'm losing constantly.. and doing mostly top damage. top experience or if unlucky i'll die first 5 minutes and STILL mid top 5 players...

I never realized how dependent on a competent player these bad teams are.... scouts can't carry... at least not as much... half these games had I'd be in my mediums.. different outcome. 

Yeah, it's pretty absurd how much teams rely on people with brain cells to carry them through. Unless MM has stacked my team (which I rarely know about ever since I dropped XVM), I almost always assume that I'm going to lose a game I do badly in. Because often, I do.

I guess this is just one of the nice things about being your average joe, blissfully unaware about how much each individual team member means. Doing terribly feels a lot less painful when you're relying on the few good players on your team to decide the outcome anyway.

2 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Yeah, it's pretty absurd how much teams rely on people with brain cells to carry them through. Unless MM has stacked my team (which I rarely know about ever since I dropped XVM), I almost always assume that I'm going to lose a game I do badly in. Because often, I do.

I guess this is just one of the nice things about being your average joe, blissfully unaware about how much each individual team member means. Doing terribly feels a lot less painful when you're relying on the few good players on your team to decide the outcome anyway.

Yea, and I can't imagine what it is for you compared to me.

make a platoon and tea bag mid to low tiers

WG is encouraging it with the free reserves they are giving for those who jump into mid tiers

in addition, ever since the super bowl ad, their have been a number of mid tier players who  don't know what they're doing, the only trade off is seal clubbing T67's cause giving a tier 5 better DPM and gun handling then the cromwell was a great idea

Like when you get top damage in tier ten game with a tier eight? This is what bothers the most about Wot, the players average incompetence is allarmingly bad. And Wot does nothing to teach players how to play this game, that at the end of day is all about positioning. 

You are the only decent player in the team. The game is 7x5 and you are playing well. You die, the games ends 8x15 loss.

How common is that for you guys? I see that alot.

Tell me about it. I've been grinding the 13 90 recently at ~2500 Wn8, successfully (IMO) spotting etc. But the carry potential of that vehicle is basically non existent so I've been playing at barely 50%... RIP recent my recent WR

I've been having games this weekend where I've literally had to do as much damage as half of my next 6 or 7 teammates in order to win, otherwise it would have been almost roll overs for the enemy team. I am seeing an influx of a lot of sub 1k games players in tier 8 premiums but then I see the true 45% WR shitters with 40k games in hordes on my teams and that just pisses me off that I have to carry trash like this that wont even help itself.

On 13/2/2017 at 7:27 AM, Tankthief said:

I've found out that, if i die, no matter the team's numerical advantage, they're gonna find a way to throw the games, often in spectacularly autistic ways no one thought possible.

If i survive on the other hand team either steamrolls or just folds too damn fast and i have to do some carrying, which sometimes i can't because tilt.

17 hours ago, Strigonx said:

I've found out that, if i die, no matter the team's numerical advantage, they're gonna find a way to throw the games, often in spectacularly autistic ways no one thought possible.

I face the opposite problem; a lot of times, in order for me to win I have to yolo and die early, hopefully pulling enemy(s) into disadvantageous position that they normally won't get in in the process. Most of the time I don't even get fire for effect or spotter medal for the trouble, but win the game.

About team dependent, I really don't want to blame anyone - that's one reason I didn't get any player stat mods on my game -, but when you're in a Chi-Ri in Tier 9 game and still deal highest damage on your team (bonus point if you did it without firing gold ammo) while all your tier 9 teammate's combined damage just barely surpass your Chi-Ri's max health... I suddenly wished I was in some other tanks that can carry that game instead.

Of course I'm frustrated especially in the case similar to above, but I still conscious enough to calm myself down and not verbally lash out, try to tell myself that we win and lose all the time and shrug it off.

3 Marked IS-6 yesterday. 75% winrate, the games I played badly in were pretty much guaranteed a loss with a few random results (finished the mark on a 4.7k damage loss).

Its even worse in high tier scouts where you really can't abuse view range and 99% of the time you aren't doing the damage that is needed. I have like a 40% solo WR in my WZ-132. 

Last night I had a game in the WZ-132 where I passively spotted the entire field on Highway. 7-8 enemy tanks there, our team had heavies and theirs was all mids and a 50b. Stayed alive spotting stuff constantly for about 8 minutes. We had six tanks including me "defending" base.

465 assist damage. We lost the game.

On 2/13/2017 at 6:57 AM, Tankthief said:

You are the only decent player in the team. The game is 7x5 and you are playing well. You die, the games ends 8x15 loss.

YES. I'm sure this happens less than it feels like it does but I had a game last night on fjords in my STA-1. 2.5k dmg and only had a 1 shot proto and arty left and a type 4 heavy a liberte on my team with near full hp and then a rhoomba with like 300. I knew the proto was lurking mid so I didn't want to go after the arty since I would need to go past him and potentially get shot in the back so I went after him first.

poked the corner, baited the shot, aimed....800dmg arty hit gg

needless to say the type 4 and the liberte couldn't seal the deal....

I actually had a game just last night where i recklessly experimented with a new position to try to get clean up damage in a 5 v 1 situation. I died, and don't you know 3 of the remaining 4 managed to die as well. Last minute arty shotgun ftw. It was pretty sad to watch, honestly.