Sign in to follow this  
CraBeatOff

What does 95% look like? A little bragging, a little commentary

Replays -  http://www.mediafire.com/file/r4451h27kahl0ei/Winrate_is_Luck.zip

Screenshots -

aUUTL6j.png

hXrsuXt.png

Comments - 

I had a particularly good session yesterday. Since I wasn't grinding marks like a fiend, or doing stupid things like trying to do 15.4 (260) missions or playing tier 7 LTs solo I actually made good choices and played for some relaxed fun with friends. This platoon was imoody and AceHasNoOtherName. We played as you can see above tiers 7-10, as imoody is grinding the tier 7 Swede TD. I had just notice I had a couple hours of the M4A1, so I was trying it out for the first time. As is the custom among a certain subset of big garage foreverunica, we just rotate picks. That way imoody can grind his shit tiers, @Illusion can troll us with tier 3 prefs, and I can pick premium tanks over and over to grind credits while being carried. 

I count 11 HT games (the T30 isn't really a TD), 2 LT games and 7 in the MT. 

What are the lessons here? Well first, platooning is both more fun and more effective. Especially when your platoonmates know each other. Second, heavies carry games. I am almost always the last in the platoon to pick my tank, and I seem to always end up in the HT, because HTs are simply required sometimes, to hold, push or just trade, in a way that 3 MTs can't. We'd have prob lost that 113 games on Lakeville if I had been in a MT. imoody did jack shit in his Grille, because Grille is feast or famine. Ace did ok in the Batchat, but the Batchat can't brawl down a flank. Maybe I'm just not good enough in mediums. 

Anyways, I put this in pubbie battle boasting because I don't have a specific point except to say "look how good this turned out". But I do make my usual attempts to play tactically and smart, so maybe there is something for you to learn if you watch them. As always, happy to answer questions though. 

There's nothing like having a relaxing, good session with win after win after win. I had one during my 111-14 grind where I went 8-2 without too much stress--good times! (Of course I tilted during the end of the powergrind to get the 113 on discount and still have PTSD over how that 130mm was trolling me).

Also Crab, the way you talk about picking heavy tanks (in this and other threads) amuses me. "These goddamn kids and their newfangled statpadderino mediums! If you want to win, you gotta go back to the basics---ARMOR!" I will certainly take a look at some of these games, as I don't think I've ever watched any of your replays. 

40 minutes ago, CheekiBreeki_ said:

If only finding platoon mates that you synergize well with was easy

v.v

Just look for people in pubs who play at the same time as you and spam invites, eventually you are bound to find someone. I had no idea that Stryker even existed until a month ago, yet we mesh extremely well together and have fun (when we aren't getting rekt by RNG/pubbies)

2 hours ago, Whole_Nutjob said:

There's nothing like having a relaxing, good session with win after win after win. I had one during my 111-14 grind where I went 8-2 without too much stress--good times! (Of course I tilted during the end of the powergrind to get the 113 on discount and still have PTSD over how that 130mm was trolling me).

Also Crab, the way you talk about picking heavy tanks (in this and other threads) amuses me. "These goddamn kids and their newfangled statpadderino mediums! If you want to win, you gotta go back to the basics---ARMOR!" I will certainly take a look at some of these games, as I don't think I've ever watched any of your replays. 

Armor wins games... when you don't go broadside to an ISU :D

Really enjoyed watching your positioning and trying to figure out your thought process for the two replays I watched. Will be watching the others too, maybe this is what I needed to get me out of my terrible streak.

Interesting points you made about HTs sometimes being required. The biggest problem I have with my mediums is I try to hold positions or trade too often.

(lol those bumps you gave to imoody)

4 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

I'll have to watch these tonight, I can already see it needs moar 26E5 Patriot though

It was my plan til I realized I had the M4A1 rental for just 4 more hours. 

4 hours ago, Whole_Nutjob said:

Doing my tanks dad duties, being grumpy. 

4 hours ago, CheekiBreeki_ said:

If only finding platoon mates that you synergize well with was easy

v.v

Step 1. Play with everyone 

3 hours ago, Zepherex said:

Only 3 of those battles at tier 10? What a shame :kappa:

There are other tiers you bulba padder

1 hour ago, juhaas said:

MediaFire, "Proudly serving you junk & malware since 2006".

You find me a better place to make a junk uploads, and I'll use it. 

35 minutes ago, RC_Tank said:

Really enjoyed watching your positioning and trying to figure out your thought process for the two replays I watched. Will be watching the others too, maybe this is what I needed to get me out of my terrible streak.

Interesting points you made about HTs sometimes being required. The biggest problem I have with my mediums is I try to hold positions or trade too often.

(lol those bumps you gave to imoody)

imoody was roundly sauced at that point, so I made sure he had extra "fun" on that battle, since I'd been carrying his tipsy self. :-D

1 hour ago, Rexxie said:

Does this include the game I had with you on Lakeville? :D

That's the 113 game right? My memory isn't what it used to be

56 minutes ago, Strigonx said:

stahp rigging the MM crab

Nyet! WR is luck! I have no control over anything!

Just now, Rexxie said:

I think so, yeah. You toonmate in a bat went mid with me while you crushed town. Cant actually view it to make sure, but Id assume it is :)

Yea, that's the game. Town wasn't anything special I wanna say they were TD heavy, so the only HTs in town were IS3s, Lowe and M103. I do recall that in that game I landed a total bullshit out of draw pen on an IS3, during the initial crossing, which made me giggle. You and Ace had middle so nicely suppressed, so I was able to sit in the open and waste ammo.

Whenever I platoon with my boi @mereelskirata and we run into a herd of stupid troglodyte blues that can't play heavies or their tanks properly, one of us switches to heavies or we just duo heavies.

Feels pretty darn good man handling meds or other heavies

12 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Second, heavies carry games. I am almost always the last in the platoon to pick my tank, and I seem to always end up in the HT, because HTs are simply required sometimes, to hold, push or just trade, in a way that 3 MTs can't.

It's good hearing this from someone who can genuinely play the game (unlike me). Usually MTs get all the praise. Makes me feel slightly less shit about my struggle with MT play when pew-pewing down corridors trying to grind out a flank in the first half of a match.

23 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Second, heavies carry games. I am almost always the last in the platoon to pick my tank, and I seem to always end up in the HT, because HTs are simply required sometimes, to hold, push or just trade, in a way that 3 MTs can't. 

So true, do very similar when I platoon, if we are taking two meds or a TD and autoloader, I tend to pick the heavy tank because you need that presence. 

I remember playing a week or so ago with couple of platoon mates, both better than me and we ended up with a platoon of a Leo 1, Grille 15 and an Obj. 140. Map was Windstorm and the enemy team was 4 E100s and an IS4 as their top tiers, with several decent tier 9 heavies. It was a total stomp, despite our platoon, we just couldn't hold up or kill that much Hp and armour. 

What is sad though is the pubbie mentalities talk about 'medium meta' all the time and OP mediums, seen those comments multiple times on the sandbox server, especially as people railed against the accuracy and pen nerfs. Commonly it;s claimed armour and therefore heavies are useless but it's clear in the current meta they are vital for winning games. 

I think my best streak was with @RollerCoaster47 while grinding tier 9s. I was in the M103, he was grinding the M46, and won something like 16-18 battles in a row.

Of course, as he will testify, during that streak I lost about 75% of my HP the entire time to arty, and was hit every. Single. Battle. Multiple. Times. that there was arty. Oh, and there was this streak to (Roller, I cant find those other battles where I was TK'ed by friendlies for most of my HP just moments into the battle :( )

I suppose it's because I'm a reroll and a terrible one at that, but it's always nice to have some pinks carry me. And I remember a game with crab where he died because our t57 pushed him into the line of fire (lol) yet you still kept carrying by telling our team what to do. Unicums are fascinating specimens to watch in action.

1 hour ago, Stat_Paddington_Bear said:

I suppose it's because I'm a reroll and a terrible one at that, but it's always nice to have some pinks carry me. And I remember a game with crab where he died because our t57 pushed him into the line of fire (lol) yet you still kept carrying by telling our team what to do. Unicums are fascinating specimens to watch in action.

That was last week during my infuriating attempts to 3 mark the WZ-111 1-4!

And yes, I whisper the pubs. Usually for the worse. 

51 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

That was last week during my infuriating attempts to 3 mark the WZ-111 1-4!

And yes, I whisper the pubs. Usually for the worse. 

Yeah that was hilarious, and it seemed to work pretty well that match