Hey there folks, Millardthemk and Teram here. We want to let the community know about some pretty cool stuff that’s been going on behind the scenes that’s just now ready to release to the public. As many of you know, it can be hard to find competent tutors for your WoT journey as you try to improve and grow was a player in a pretty complex game.
We recognize this is a current problem, and that combined with a desire to help others and avoid homelessness has prompted out action, and the creation of group called “World of Tanks Tutors”. WOTT for short. We think it has the potential to be tremendously helpful and hope you agree.
yzue.png

Our goals with WOTT are as follows:
#1 Fill the teaching void and help player base group as it sees fit. Every game from HALO to WOW to Runescape has had groups available to assist players in their growth and skillz. Oddly enough for such a popular game, WoT has a complete void of options available for players who realize that rather than buy in game gold that they will spend and beno better off because of, they can convert that pocket change into improving their own personal gameplay abilities through instruction, review, and real-time gameplay analysis. All skills which translate into more exp, more credits, and more time playing a tank you want (more fun)!

#2 Assist players who are tired of a skills or W/R plateau. Tanks is a cerebral shooter, making it easy to slip into a rut and cease improving. Sometimes all it takes is an outside opinion from a pro to bust out of your flatline and start climbing the skills ladder once again. If this sounds like the position you’re in--we can help. Rather than getting vague or spotty assistance via other routes we’re committed to giving you a great value for your time and money.

#3 Help relieve some of the stat hate. The nasty reality of WoT is that players with lesser stats may be ridiculed and insulted regularly. This happens both on the public forums and in game, and while completely inexcusable, there’s really only one way to stop it--improve your stats. Unfortunately, if you’ve already played several thousand games overall or several hundred in a certain tank it can be almost impossible to bring the values up to your current playing level. For those who find themselves in this slippery slope of stats we toss you a lifeline of assistance. Via our platoon teaching packages we will show you the ropes in an easily understandable manner while at the same time increasing your W/R without you breaking a sweat.

#4 Give you the tools for competitive group play success. As veterans of countless tournaments we’re in a unique position to be able to provide useful and experienced feedback for your team and can even host group training sessions and work with you to improve your team’s cohesion and tournament gameplay skills.

While this service won’t please everyone(nothing does!), we hope it will be helpful to those who truly want to improve and are willing to spend the time and resources required for excellence. Both Millardthemk (Sam) and Teram (Michael) are long-time community members and we have seen a need that needs filling--and decided to step into the gap. Oh, we also enjoy eating meals occasionally and paying rent is also a plus. ;)

In conclusion, this is a service we’d love to see take off and assist players while at the same time remaining personal enough that folks are actually more than a name on a sheet, they’re real people who have an applaudable goal: To be good at tanks--and should be treated in a respectful, professional manner.

Best wishes,
Millardthemk and Teram
Click HERE for a link to the website.

World of tanks Forum mods nuked that thread in record time

All positive responses and BOOM. Teram just asked a mod and he's like 'No idea who did it but it looks great.'

Any tips on where we can post this?

dont ask why someone negged you for that. but i think this is great Millard! first you design a clan specifically for helping people to get better, then this. I applaud your desire to teach people to play. i would +10 you but i cant (post more so i can +1 them all :P )

That website is a thing of beauty. Nice work!

Thanks mate, took me long enough! I enjoy this sort of thing, and usually I'm busy writing content for other's websites--at least now I got to do it for mine!

Any PR at this point is hugely appreciated. WG's main forums has removed the thread TWICE. We're looking at angles to promo--any suggestions appreciated.

Nice website and I'll definitely be taking you up on some of the services, but I hope you haven't violated their terms.

Just a warning as a part time web hack: if those are WG owned images, you need to take them down. They'll smack the piss out of you for using their material since you basically announced to their mod team where the site is located and are charging for a service that uses their game.

Nice website and I'll definitely be taking you up on some of the services, but I hope you haven't violated their terms.

Just a warning as a part time web hack: if those are WG owned images, you need to take them down. They'll smack the piss out of you for using their material since you basically announced to their mod team where the site is located and are charging for a service that uses their game.

Those were publically distributed WG EN content photos that still have all pertinent WG info contained in them. No stealing photos here :)

World of tanks Forum mods nuked that thread in record time

Of course it was gonna get nuked, you can't post anything of a commercial nature on WoT's forums. A mentoring/tutoring service for new and experienced players alike actually extremely important for the development of WoT as an esport.

Starcraft 2 is the largest esport in the world:

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=pro+starcraft+2+lessons

Neither what is offered here or by others in exchange for gold is against WG's terms of service. You don't need to search far on these forums for testaments of what players can learn from excellent players.

Those were publically distributed WG EN content photos that still have all pertinent WG info contained in them. No stealing photos here :)

I still would probably remove any and all graphical references that were made by WoT/WG. If you don't, they could have an avenue to pursue you monetarily and legally if you're using their licensed art to promote your own monetary gain, released to the public or not. The licensing still lies in their copy-write.

Looks great, but you know how WG is about others using their work, and they're aggressive, if you remember that whole Facebook game fiasco.

Maybe they won't do anything at all, but it might be better to be safe than sorry.

With regard to the 'photo copyright' thing. I dont know if this would be allowed but maybe instead of using their art you could take Screenshots and use them? (Maybe with a bit of photoshop magic you could make them much better)

With regards to releasing to the public, if you think about it they were released with the intentions of being used for PRIVATE use only. Rather than commercial use. I would hate for WG to sue you for your good intentions. (Although if they did it would be nice off them to give you a warning to take them down before doing it.)

I'm soooo sorry. I didn't mean to accuse you of stealing. I just meant that if you weren't careful, you could ACCIDENTALLY be violating their terms. It happens a lot with "fan site" stuff. <blushes at horrible personal experience in the early days of the net with video game related fan site> :D

The trick to advertising will just be to slip in the URL or name of the site in various posts. People WILL see it, and they will go. Kitti and I have been doing it with wotlabs (as have dozens others) for weeks now. 

Also, thanks for taking my advice, I said you should do this MONTHS ago! Hopefully we can continue to exchange information as we are technically "competitors". Although since you're setting up infrastructure, I could happily become your employee...we'll chat. 

What about contacting Silentstalker from FTR?

Already done!

About the folks commenting on the photos---good advice, not ignoring it, just not quoting it all. Thanks everyone!

You might want to put on the side bar / every page with forms that it's "NA only", while somehow mentioning that replay review is open to all servers :)

Beautiful website btw!

I'm off to bed now man, but this should be posted to /r/worldoftanks.  But unless you are familiar with reddit just hold off on posting yourself. I'd like to help you make sure it goes well :)

I'd love help posting it. Just let me know when you can work on it!

You might want to put on the side bar / every page with forms that it's "NA only", while somehow mentioning that replay review is open to all servers :)

Beautiful website btw!

Really solid advice, ty mate.

Looks good, Millard. If you ever need a hand as well, I'm here to help whenever :)

Thanks Aki! Roger that.

The trick to advertising will just be to slip in the URL or name of the site in various posts. People WILL see it, and they will go. Kitti and I have been doing it with wotlabs (as have dozens others) for weeks now.

Also, thanks for taking my advice, I said you should do this MONTHS ago! Hopefully we can continue to exchange information as we are technically "competitors". Although since you're setting up infrastructure, I could happily become your employee...we'll chat.

Thank you sir!