The day I pay someone to teach me a video game is the day I kill myself, shotgun to the dick.

But each to their own.

Small price to pay to increase your skills if they are lacking and to have more fun winning as result. So many people dump money into the game to get higher tier and/or more OP tanks with no result what so ever on their ability to play better or win more. Millard is giving people that my not get the finer details or that have got trapped in bad habits (like myself) a very non-expensive way to get better, make a difference for once and have more fun.

This may come naturally to some people like you, others like me just need to be shown the way and given a good kick in the butt to get going in the right direction.

Millard's replay review and lessons will open your eyes and make a difference. I and many others will contest to that.

I availed myself of Millard's replay services via the website last week.

The website was great - the form was easy to use. I've gotten no spam from the use of my primary email address.

The session itself was invaluable. I am a pretty good pixel tanker, but nothing beats an outside set of eyes on a batch of replays. For my session I selected a newer tank, and a series of solo replays (4) which covered marginal to good games. I did not have Millard look at any great or terrible games, because I think improving your "normal" performance is the key to sustained improvement. 

Millard was able to detail deployments, shot selection, map awareness, tactical choices, to the degree you would expect from someone with both great teaching and tanking skills. The replay tool is a great environment for this type of analysis. Being on voicecomms helps you, the student, understand how the visual input of the game turns into decisions and questions into the mind of the teacher, and see what is important or relevant to them! 

My personal list of things to work on is very much like you might expect: timing of repair kits, using the camera to pan for info between reloads, ammo management, exposure choices, flanking choices, and team encouragement/shepherding. These are universal, but to see where YOU failed, lets you perform better the next time. 

Seriously though, if you spend $15 a month to keep up premium in this game, its worth it to go even that month without premium to get some feedback from someone who knows the game and demonstrates a great ability to teach. Millard gave me advice the very first day I posted in the WoT forums, 11 months ago (proof), since then he has improved as a player, and honed his skills as a teacher even more. His time and insight are worth more than the money he is charging for it!

I have a simple suggestion, re: advertising on the forums. 

Put it in your 'what's on your mind' in your forum profile.

Pretty much all good players get their profiles looked at and, really, this section is pretty much useless. 

I used to use it now and again but mine's collected dust for some time. 

i filled out the form on the website- nice job guys!

Glad to see such a service.

Millardthemk, I would suggest toning down the various font sizes in your signature, as it's distracting and looks amateur. See Crab's signature as a better example. Also, make the url/domain a link so that people can click on it directly.

I have a simple suggestion, re: advertising on the forums. 

Put it in your 'what's on your mind' in your forum profile.

Pretty much all good players get their profiles looked at and, really, this section is pretty much useless. 

I used to use it now and again but mine's collected dust for some time. 

Great idea!

Making threads that piss off pubbies gets your profile look at too. (although not sure if that'll make them willing to take up your service)

Not really my style, I'll keep thinking.

i filled out the form on the website- nice job guys!

Got your form, awesome!

Glad to see such a service.

Millardthemk, I would suggest toning down the various font sizes in your signature, as it's distracting and looks amateur. See Crab's signature as a better example. Also, make the url/domain a link so that people can click on it directly.

It's really that big? :\ I run a 16.5(?) monitor, that could be the issue. I'll downsize it and add a link!

So I just sprung for this and was glad I did.  We covered some of my big liabilities as well as some of the finer points to develop by platooning for a few matches then watching the replays.  While my epeen took just about as much damage as my Tiger 2, it was time well-spent and I got some good notes which translated to some goals to work on. 

Thanks Millard, good work with WOTT and please consider me a reference. 

I had a 1:1 with Milalrd last evening, it was a great learning experience. I will have to think on what was relayed to me and I will make a seperate post later in the week, but if you are thinking about this I highly recomend it.

So I just sprung for this and was glad I did.  We covered some of my big liabilities as well as some of the finer points to develop by platooning for a few matches then watching the replays.  While my epeen took just about as much damage as my Tiger 2, it was time well-spent and I got some good notes which translated to some goals to work on. 

Thanks Millard, good work with WOTT and please consider me a reference. 

I had a 1:1 with Milalrd last evening, it was a great learning experience. I will have to think on what was relayed to me and I will make a seperate post later in the week, but if you are thinking about this I highly recomend it.

Rock on guys, so glad it was helpful! You mind if I get this up on the website? :)

please do so.- I also put up your add on the SSGS/BT/HT/MEN website so hopefully you may get some more hits.

I highly recommend posting a 'snippet' trailer/demo of you helping someone. This video would only need to be 60-90 seconds. Right now its all based on what they read and a huge gamble of hope you actually provide what they are looking for. Marketing 101 is proving to the consumer you can back up your talk. I see you did have a replay review demo on your site but it links to a removed youtube video (for shame). 

I am still potentially interested, but I, as with many other people, like to test drive the car before they dish out the cash. My two cents! (pun intended)

I still would probably remove any and all graphical references that were made by WoT/WG. If you don't, they could have an avenue to pursue you monetarily and legally if you're using their licensed art to promote your own monetary gain, released to the public or not. The licensing still lies in their copy-write.

I've been involved in a trademark lawsuit.  The company that sued me had no case. Their trademark was only on the shape of their words – not the words themselves.  My logo looked entirely different. The businesses were extremely different – there was no possibility for confusion. 

But they were a big huge corporation and I was a little guy with a business that made $100 a month in a good month.  After my own scum-sucking bottom-feeders sucked two grand out of my pockets, they informed me that it would cost at minimum of $125k to continue the fight.  Being right had nothing to do with it.  Being legal had nothing to do with it.  The Big Company had the deep pockets. I didn't.  I had to change the name, losing the recognition I'd built up for years. 

When I published "World of Tanks: The Missing Manual" I created my own graphics for the title.  I knew that if I used their actual text their scum suckers would shut me down in a heartbeat.  Hell, they still could, if they consider it too similar. 

They will either force him to change his Sig or just do it themselves.

That's what they did to me.  I started a thread about it in the Guides and Tutorial's section, and also had a graphic in my sig that directed people to Amazon.  It took them about two weeks to react. They deleted the thread and emptied my sig file.  I was tempted to put the graphic back in the sig, with no mention of Amazon, but decided not to push my luck.  The book is selling well without it. 

The trick to advertising will just be to slip in the URL or name of the site in various posts.

I kind of do this – I don't put in the actual URL, but occasionally put in excerpts from the book. 

From "World of Tanks: The Missing Manual:  Blah blah blah blah, eating cheetos will mess up your keyboard – stick to M&Ms, blah blah blah…."

I only do it about once a week, because I don't want it to be annoying, and I don’t want to piss off the admins there.  (And no, that's not an actual excerpt…)

I highly recommend posting a 'snippet' trailer/demo of you helping someone.  

Good idea.  Let people see what they're getting. 

Back before Big Brother shut down the online poker sites, there were quite a few people offering tutoring services, and all of them offered sample videos.  (Which, in many cases, displayed how bad they were.) A good video – better yet, two or three good videos – of a session will help sell the product.  

I highly recommend posting a 'snippet' trailer/demo of you helping someone. This video would only need to be 60-90 seconds. Right now its all based on what they read and a huge gamble of hope you actually provide what they are looking for. Marketing 101 is proving to the consumer you can back up your talk. I see you did have a replay review demo on your site but it links to a removed youtube video (for shame). 

I am still potentially interested, but I, as with many other people, like to test drive the car before they dish out the cash. My two cents! (pun intended)

Removed video? That's bizarre. Checking that out right now. Fixed.

I will see if I can get a reasonable quality(my main problem) screen record and audio record for a private lesson sample.

Appreciate the thoughts!

Bump.

Just because as a Minion, and a recipient of some of Millard's time in game, I can't begin to express how helpful he is.

Yes, he's my clan leader, but YES I sent him a gold package because of what he's done for my game.

Take a lesson from him. I'm going to as soon as I can afford it.

Three things that will never "do you wrong" in W.O.T.

1) wotlabs

2) Millard

3) Agamemneon/crab etc.

Do what they tell you. It pays off.

If you doubt, look at my graphs:

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/Derpinator2013

I'm not purple, but I think I can be some day. And it's because of the three things above.

Bump.

Just because as a Minion, and a recipient of some of Millard's time in game, I can't begin to express how helpful he is.

Yes, he's my clan leader, but YES I sent him a gold package because of what he's done for my game.

Take a lesson from him. I'm going to as soon as I can afford it.

Three things that will never "do you wrong" in W.O.T.

1) wotlabs

2) Millard

3) Agamemneon/crab etc.

Do what they tell you. It pays off.

If you doubt, look at my graphs:

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/Derpinator2013

I'm not purple, but I think I can be some day. And it's because of the three things above.

#InB4DerpinatorBecomesGarbad

Rock on mate, it's fun to work with you and watch the improvement happen!

To everyone !!!

I have took private lesson with Millard and only thing I have to say "He is a great teacher". I know the theory but he helped me put it all together in a game play.

We have rolled T 10 mediums (he took leo1 and me t62a ). With only 1 h of private lessons my stats jumped .

So Thx

Millard 

signature.png