CheekiBreeki_

Is Boosting Bannable?

2 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

quite frankly, I wish they would fix all the boosts and make them inaccessible. 

Just because you are too noob to learn them xd.

"WG should just remove all camo mechanics because good players are cheating when they use them"

#legitthesamelogic

It's not the same because WG actually designed the camo mechanics. They are made to be used the way good players use them. WG did not design boosts. The mapmakers probably gave 0 thought to most of the boostable areas by assuming no one would get to them anyway, so you've got everything from gamebreaking boosts to completely useless suicide outposts because they've not been balanced for actual use whatsoever. Winning via boost is not cheating, but it certainly is cheesing.

Removing them is a bit harsh, but WG definitely has to do something about them. I'd like it if they just accepted that players will find ways to get places and put in the effort of designing maps around that, instead of artificially limiting where we are allowed to go.

15 minutes ago, Luna said:

Just because you are too noob to learn them xd.

"WG should just remove all camo mechanics because good players are cheating when they use them"

#legitthesamelogic

No. Different logic. 

Maps were designed with the intention that those areas were not accessable. Players have found a way to make some of those areas accessable, meaning that some of those areas now have EXTREMELY good overwatch positions to fire from which have the ability to COMPLETELY destroy map balance, favouring one spawn over the other in a massive way. 

Most foliage and camo on most maps is fairly strategically placed so that they dont overly bias one spawn, but these boosts are extremely biasing. Some of them can make it virtually impossible for the other team to win. 

Its completely different logic. Trying to compare it to something that was actually originally intended with the game is beyond stupid. 

18 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

No. Different logic. 

Maps were designed with the intention that those areas were not accessable. Players have found a way to make some of those areas accessable, meaning that some of those areas now have EXTREMELY good overwatch positions to fire from which have the ability to COMPLETELY destroy map balance, favouring one spawn over the other in a massive way. 

Most foliage and camo on most maps is fairly strategically placed so that they dont overly bias one spawn, but these boosts are extremely biasing. Some of them can make it virtually impossible for the other team to win. 

Its completely different logic. Trying to compare it to something that was actually originally intended with the game is beyond stupid. 

Uh... the only one that completely break the balance are mountain pass (CW/campaign)/steppes/airfield.
Cliff is balanced for both sides. Mines actually favours the north with the removal of the safe boost on the south side to the central hill. That's about it.

45 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

Uh... the only one that completely break the balance are mountain pass (CW/campaign)/steppes/airfield.
Cliff is balanced for both sides. Mines actually favours the north with the removal of the safe boost on the south side to the central hill. That's about it.

The sacred valley boost in the north. Its almost impossible to actually get shots on those tanks up there and they have complete overwatch of like 3/4 of the map. 

The serene coast boost in south, makes resetting cap easy with almost complete invulnerability if theres no arty. 

Theres one on arctic region that we've used in clan wars. You can light up the entire south from complete camo from on top of the big mountain in the southeast. Massive advantage for east spawn.

Im not *as* worried about the ones that allow you to get to different accessable areas. Im talking about the ones that get you into areas that are Supposed to be Inaccessable. 

Also, when CW comms are like "Can you do the boost", "I need someone who can do the boost" "oh but they'll just boost up there if we dont take that and theres nothing we can do because its bullshit" it gets VERY boring and unfun for me. 

Like, give me one good reason they SHOULD be in the game, from a map balance and fairness point, and not just "muh damage farming spots"

Because on some maps, it actually balances shitty map design. Take for instance mines (at least when it had the south safe boost).

A lot of the boosts are very easy to deal with. Very few are busted. I agree that some need to be removed. Not all.

12 hours ago, Rexxie said:

It's not the same because WG actually designed the camo mechanics. They are made to be used the way good players use them. WG did not design boosts. The mapmakers probably gave 0 thought to most of the boostable areas by assuming no one would get to them anyway, so you've got everything from gamebreaking boosts to completely useless suicide outposts because they've not been balanced for actual use whatsoever. Winning via boost is not cheating, but it certainly is cheesing.

Removing them is a bit harsh, but WG definitely has to do something about them. I'd like it if they just accepted that players will find ways to get places and put in the effort of designing maps around that, instead of artificially limiting where we are allowed to go.

This is the debate that was going on BlueStealth's stream.  Basically the discussion broke on 2 sides, "if its not in the EULA its legal" and Blue's position similar to yours, WG did not intend these boosts they are just the product of thoughtless design. 

Some broke on the idea that if you can get there yourself that somehow changed the argument.

I personally think these things happen in all games, but since WG has known about them for years and refuses to correct them its now thoughtless and careless.  The research and testing of these spots is freely available, they just have to make an effort to actually fix them.

12 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Like, give me one good reason they SHOULD be in the game.

They're fun.

They are legal.

Ofc no one in the map design area thought tanks were going to climb these areas because it doesn't makes any sense for a tank to actually do it.

At the most what i've seen them do is place a 10 meter high invisiwall and that's """"fixed""""

The only boosts that really need fixing are on Mountain Pass and Steppes. 

Climbs made shitty maps for lights actually playable. I'm not very fond of the tunnelvision that it is broken just because it is hard to dig out. Yeah wow big deal someone is outplaying you, find a way to deal with it and play around it. 

The mines and cliffs climbs are super easy to deal with and rarely matter in a random game. The only ones that are broken are Mountain Pass and Steppes simply because they have positions that you can't play around. 

We have a corridor meta going on and any break from it is actually good. Climbs take practice and it's another layer to the game, I don't see why you'd have to remove them as a whole. 

Some need to be removed, some need slight fixing, some are fine just as they are, some need to be made a little harder perhaps and that's pretty much it

Saw an E25 way up in the East flank hill on Mines once. Couldn't figure out how the fuck he got up that high! Before I saw him he sniped my T-34-85 to death.