leggasiini

Type 5 Heavy ACTUAL appreciation thread

CpSDGCp.jpg  

When Type 5 came, it was shit. Shittiest tier 10 heavy. Maybe shittiest tier 10 altogether. It got buffed. Barely changed anything.

BUT THEN...

9.17.1 arrived. WG gifted the Type 5 with not only neat armor buff, but also completely "balanced" derp gun, capable of doing 600 at Maus and setting it to fire when shooting at mantle! 100% balanced!!! How to: zero to hero in one patch. 

Discuss about our derp overlord here. :hb:

ps: Made new thread, "actual" appreciation thread, not just bashing thread for former shittiest/one of the shittiest tier 10. I felt like type5 deserved it.

Have to admit, while I did not do as well in the O-ho at tier 8 using a derp compared to the O-nii at tier 7 not using the derp...the fact that the tier 9 and tier 10 tanks now have derp guns mean that I will probably finish going up this line, purely for the lulz.

The Type 5 in particular actually looks like it could be quite decent now with the other buffs. I'll probably suck at these tanks, but it's different and kind of relaxing to play, so yeah, sure, why not.

4 minutes ago, Whole_Nutjob said:

N    E    R     F    W    H    E    N

E
R
F
W
H
E
N

NEVERNEVERNEVERNEVER

NEEEVEEEERRR!!!!!!!!11

I'm not too worried about these. No way I'm gonna play any high tier heavy tank while these derpshits are around, but this shouldn't effect my medium gameplay too much....

How to ruin a good patch in 3 simple steps -

1. Obj. 252

2. Maus overbuff

3. Retarded Type 4/5 changes. 

2 hours ago, tajj7 said:

How to ruin a good patch in 3 simple steps -

1. Obj. 252

2. Maus overbuff

3. Retarded Type 4/5 changes. 

Also no arty removal :feelsbad:

This tank is going to be cancerous as fuck. I've played a couple games in the type 4 with the new gun and it is certainly a stronger tank overall but it is going to be shit to play against for people who enjoy heavy tanks. While they did give the tank an interesting a unique playstyle it is going to just be bad for the game. I suppose at least there aren't a lot of people that have those tanks right now. Also the gold shell is pretty retarded. I would have much preferred to see the gold shell being like a 900 damage 100 pen HE shell or something. At least with the AP there were reasonable times to fire the standard rounds instead of the gold but no real choice with this gun which will make this expensive.

Armour is still crap when you press 2 twice though, same as the maus..

Nothing really changed, now instead of taking 500 damage from arty you'll take it from a type 5..

24 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

1400 is indeed way too much, just nerf gold HE to 1100 and buff its splash + pen slightly, then buff rof slightly

i one shot an STA2 autoaimed today. 

Type 5 is balanced.

3 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Nothing really changed, now instead of taking 500 damage from arty you'll take it from a type 5..

You can still fight back against a type five and they have to actually get decently close rather than sitting in the base with no threat back. 

I don't think it's good for the game to have a tier X that has to try so little for its damage, but gosh darnit it's so fun. And expensive. I'll be playing a lot of premium tanks to fund this monster. 

Played it today. Monster is a good way of describing it. Tank is easier to play than me!

In terms of balance, all it really needs is the prem round removed/changed to be the same alpha as the standard round. Plus, I'd appreciate not feeling like I have to spam 100% gold in it - here I thought WG learned their lesson about super HE rounds from the 183.

In terms of anything else, this was a seriously stupid buff. I dont even feel like I'm even playing the game when I play this tank. The Maus is more to blame, but this is a big contributor to obliterating T10's balance. 9.17.1 should of never happened.

To describe the Type 5, think of the pre-nerf E5 except you can literally turn your brain off and just point and click. RNG can't fuck you over at all because it's just HE.

That and you literally are harder to trade against than pre-nerf T-22 because you deal guaranteed damage.

Tl;dr

E5 and T-22 made babies where they learned size matters.

13 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Not really, the Type 5 parked at like 40 degrees is then well within the range of trolling even 340 HEAT, you are looking at shots at the turret front and the shoulder plate for reliable pen and he can just snap you for damage so limiting his exposure time.

Plus it faces tier 8s and 9s, some of which can't pen it anywhere frontally and even struggle if the side is a little too angled.

Jpe with gold = fekk dis shayte :) same with kranwagen. Penned a dude 3x in his turret. A little bit of crybaby after the game- I can live with that :P

I find it funny so many of you crying about a HT that can overcome your "skilled play". WTF do you think people have been doing with HEAT rounds or other premium for the last several patches where HT's and armour are concerned? Having some  MT bounce once (assuming they even have standard ammo on-board), switch to HEAT then just start penning at will is pretty common for a lot of HT's that aren't as sloped and bouncy as a number of the popular MT's. It's a shift in the gameplay as WG "evolve" their game and a number who have had their time in the sun abusive OP tanks to stat pad will have to find the new centre of gravity in the game. Most of you have multiple tank lines unless you are re-roll'ed stat whores so it shouldn't be a problem to shift to the next flavour of the month tank....  

Personally I'm against anything that continues to dumb down the game - decreased accuracy, higher pen etc that either turns it into RNG brawl fests or just a frustration for those that learn game nuance and still get beaten by random luck entrenched to raise the skill floor of scrubs artificially. Most of my shouting has therefore been about arty and premium ammo :P.