WhatTheSkara

Pz Kpfw VII love thread

So, who else loves the new german sexy round box tank?

8GfTCmy.jpg

esDIOyb.jpg

KHfRaA1.jpg

I found it to be a really good tank, with good armour and an awesome gun (even after the nerf!).

Quite mobile considering its weight (120t equipped) and the rear mounted turret is just :kreygasm:

EDIT: http://wotreplays.com/site/3371831#murovanka-kep_or_luz-pz_kpfw_vii replay link

Actually looks a well balanced tank for once, some weakspots, some usable armour, decent gun and they correctly nerfed the absurd premium ammo.

I do wonder though whether it's armour effectiveness will diminish once people become familiar with it. 

23 minutes ago, Tupinambis said:

Its not as hilariously dumb as the buffed Maus, but its still a lot of fun. Makes the 140mm gun on the Type's super-pointless.

The derps on Types already made their 14cm super pointless

Not to mention Type 5 can barely pen opposing Type 5 even with gold AP of 14cm so yea derp type 5 VS 14cm type 5 is fun

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

The derps on Types already made their 14cm super pointless

Not to mention Type 5 can barely pen opposing Type 5 even with gold AP of 14cm so yea derp type 5 VS 14cm type 5 is fun

You're supposed to flank my friend :serb:

9 hours ago, It's_Matra said:

I didn't think I'd hear anything positive about the game coming out of your mouth :doge:

I've waited this tank for a long time (It was actually the vk 72.01 but this imo is better cuz gun handling). That's the only thing wg got right after the t29..

7 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Actually looks a well balanced tank for once, some weakspots, some usable armour, decent gun and they correctly nerfed the absurd premium ammo.

I do wonder though whether it's armour effectiveness will diminish once people become familiar with it. 

315 apcr is enough for most tanks, on some it just requires a more careful aim, but it's not hard to achieve due to the great handling (for a superheavy).

Vk 72 has been around for quite some time and people still don't know how to pen one

I've only been shot in the turret cheeks twice.  It works much better if you put the nose around a corner at a sharp angle without exposing the drive wheel.  Bait the shot and then bop them back. I'm having lots of fun in this and the armor is great.

On 2/24/2017 at 11:09 AM, WhatTheSkara said:

4400, with 560 alpha you rarely lose credits even with apcr spam (penning your shots in this case is a given)

So, same sweet cheap gold as with the Jag gun. nice.

I thought it would be 4800, like with E-75/Ferdi short 128...so it is really a stubby Jag gun.

Yes, dpm is bad, but you notice it only in the end game cleanups..

Actually lost a 1 V 6 due to low dpm, took too much to kill a retarded t30 and wasn't able to reset the cap in time on swamp (spotted the bat capping at 99%)..

Anyway, pubbies still have no idea how to pen it, they keep shooting gold at my ufp or at the flat joint between the ufp and lfp, bouncing..

1 hour ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Anyway, pubbies still have no idea how to pen it, they keep shooting gold at my ufp or at the flat joint between the ufp and lfp, bouncing..

Yup, I have an average damage blocked equal to my Maus.

So it was literally Jesus incarnate on first phase test server? :P

Damn, and here i just sold my VK A, though i needed credits AND crew  for something else soo. I might rebuy it in future, but damn i desperately need German crews. I wish there was lowtier trash premium german HT to train crews quickly, and there having shit crew doesnt matter as much (while löwe is gud/10 now its frustating af without sixt sense)

4 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Damn, and here i just sold my VK A, though i needed credits AND crew  for something else soo. I might rebuy it in future, but damn i desperately need German crews. I wish there was lowtier trash premium german HT to train crews quickly, and there having shit crew doesnt matter as much (while löwe is gud/10 now its frustating af without sixt sense)

Join random strongholds

On 3/4/2017 at 8:05 AM, leggasiini said:

Oh, but there is - B2. Best aim time in the game, so even a 75% crew is good to go, and you need pretty much repair only, but even 50% will do.

It trains radio operators exceptionally fast :).

I got it with model kit, and it is a good trainer for my Tiger 1, E-75, Maus, and E-100 crews. They are all on almost 3 full skills, and radio operators have 4 :), and commanders, too.

they sell it sometimes for about 10 EUR, but more very often in bundles with gold like this:

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/premium-shop/premshop-pzb2-april-2016/

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/premium-shop/collector-gem-pzb2-feb-2017/

Where it costs just 5 EUR for the tank itself (with gold price deducted).