WhatTheSkara

Pz Kpfw VII love thread

@SchnitzelTruck I noticed you weren't using the foods in the vk, does it get set on fire a lot?

Or was it you not wanting to have a bad game when you were close to 3 marking the tank? I can't 3 mark anything if my life depended on it so im not sure if thats even a thing but it seems like a reasonable thought.

2 hours ago, garryallen said:

@SchnitzelTruck I noticed you weren't using the foods in the vk, does it get set on fire a lot?

Or was it you not wanting to have a bad game when you were close to 3 marking the tank? I can't 3 mark anything if my life depended on it so im not sure if thats even a thing but it seems like a reasonable thought.

Arty hitting the front can set it on fire due to frontal engine deck. Shots to the front half of the side can also set it on fire

Figured burning would outweighs any dpg/wr benefits of using food

16 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

You trade shots anyway, so food would not give you a usable dpm..

I like getting my reload down even on trading tanks because you can put out more damage if you know you wont get damaged in return- which is why i bothered to get bia on my e75 (though it makes something like a 1/4 second difference)

food also gives view range and gun handling which are both very important too... ill probably run optics when i get my e100 bc thats how i like to play e.g. prok midge ridge

Today was the first time I tried a very focused game session in the PZ7.I love how it's an IS7 with slightly less turret armor and a stronger hull. It prevents the part where the IS7 shoots some 1 and then takes 5 shots in the LP and dies. Al that needs to happen is wiggle a little bit and the enemy panics and shoots the UP. Plus hitting the enemy for 560 almost completely negates the IS7's 490 alpha if only for the slightly better dpm. I still wish this tank was still slightly less awkwardso that it could be used competitively. in theory if the Maus wasn't over buffed this thing would be the maus tank, lots of armor, bad dpm, and did I forget to mention the superb mobility. :)

Correction: IS7 APCR can cheat, f**k that tank

Edited by LordEdwardthefith

1 hour ago, 3MAJ86 said:

After this, i got quite dissapointed in the tank:

sycMw6r.jpg

Mantlet is odd, near the gun it's super weak, on the outside it's actually strong.

People don't know that tho:MingLee:

8 minutes ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Mantlet is odd, near the gun it's super weak, on the outside it's actually strong.

People don't know that tho:MingLee:

Pubbies tend to shoot at guns to try and disable them and accidently pen mantlets :gachi:

Joke on the side, it's really good tank. Yesterday i had a session which ended up in 70% win rate . I never ever manage 70% win rate, even while seal clubbing in low tiers. 

It has weakspots that not many players know about (yet). And also someone here advised not to sidescrape, but to angle the hull and go around corners frontally, which is really good advice! 

Apart from this random mantlet pen, I like the tank very much. Just press 2 key and enjoy :) 

How many battles in the session?  I'd hesitate to credit the tank fully. I have 70% sessions over 20 or 30 battles using a dozen or so tanks while grinding sometimes. Such a win rate in small samples is at least in part luck of the draw. 

I am looking forward to getting this tank, however. 

21 battles, 15 wins 6 defeats, 3k DPG in the session.

Only on few tanks i managed to have 3k dpg (obj 907, t57, and grille). I'm simply too bad to do so, so i think it is the tank. But yeah, sample size is small. 

It's good for now but wait till pubbies know about the mantlet weakspot. Give it 1 month and the tank will perform much much worse. 

So, it's been awhile since this thread was active. I have the (nerfed) 4502B and I'm wondering if its worth suffering through now that it's basically an awkward E75 again. I have the Maus, but is the Pz. Kfw. VII worth the grind? It's only 196k xp, which for a tier X is really cheap.

47 minutes ago, 3MAJ86 said:

yes its worth the grind. 

Can confirm, really nice gun and bouncy armor. Also lot faster than Maus, so you can flex better. Not like medium but still faster than Maus. 

33 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

That too, but armor is also good allrounder (vs FV AP).

FYCXEgu.png

UqVUGBg.png

How often pubies pen your mantlet? I am also wondering if I should grind it.

I get penned in the mantlet from time to time, but it's quite rare and it happens mainly with high pen apcr (maus, fv, other pz7s)

people still struggle to pen my front hull and they rarely aim for the turret bulb..

It's a tank worth getting, because it's kinda unique..

2 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

I get penned in the mantlet from time to time, but it's quite rare and it happens mainly with high pen apcr (maus, fv, other pz7s)

people still struggle to pen my front hull and they rarely aim for the turret bulb..

It's a tank worth getting, because it's kinda unique..

you don't answer my platoon invites anymore:feelsbad:

3 hours ago, Vindi said:

you don't answer my platoon invites anymore:feelsbad:

i barely play anymore :MingLee:

jk, but i have a few exams left for this session and i need to nolife RL (:kappa:)