zapyoug

Zap's borderline retarded replay corner (with mice)

Figured I'd make a little corner to put my replays in as I haven't been able to stream recently due to godawful internet connection so haff some of my Maus games post buff. Roughly 5k dpg for the last two days sending my overall dpg in the thing from 3750-4k

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tyulrbeldp1wfdz/replays.7z?dl=0 (not sure which sites are ideal for uploading batches of replays, just used dropbox because I'm somewhat familiar with it)

Some tidbits

I survived almost none of my games. A large portion of my positioning choices were straight up suicidal but the stupid armor layout and HP pool of the maus was able to keep me alive long enough for the newly buffed gun to kill the majority of the people I went up against before dying.

I was getting quite a bit of packet loss so I can try to blame most of the occational strange movements and goddawful shooting on my connection.

Sidescraping seems like a waste a lot of the time and I found just peeking around a corner with an angled hull was much more effecient in many situations. (more easy to pull back/ go forwards particularly against HE spam tanks too) 

My equip loadout is optics, vstab, ramer.

3 hours ago, mereelskirata said:

The tank is so easy to play that blues can get 4k+ dpg.

so shitty russian dad's get to feel like badasse's from time to time.... that where WoT is going, more and more idiot proof shit

3 hours ago, mereelskirata said:

The tank is so easy to play that blues can get 4k+ dpg.

but

but 

but

I'm supposed to be a teal :cri:

1 hour ago, Fulcrous said:

You folk make me so fucking jealous. I want the maus.

^

even though i have my type 5 derp memes which is also retarded (5k dmg is lot easier than doing 3k prebuff) i need to join maus hype train

Zap how retarded is the Maus now from 1 to 10? I cant watch the replays at the moment so did you simply yolo or had some sort of caution while playing? 

I had just finished the Tiger (P) and researched the 45.02A. Now, it leads to the Pz. Kpfw. VII and I'm going to have to play the Tiger (P) again...

10 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Zap how retarded is the Maus now from 1 to 10? I cant watch the replays at the moment so did you simply yolo or had some sort of caution while playing? 

Basically just full yolo into enemy team and then set up defensibly right in front of them. Zero fear of getting yolo'd to death.

1 minute ago, leggasiini said:

Bit off-topic, but have you tried Type 5? And if yes, have you used derp gun?

Played like 2 games in a toon, did really badly.

Haven't tried with derp gun yet, need 10k more xp

15 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Another question: do you find this tank more op than pre nerf E5? Also do you find this tank super idiot proof?

I actually really didn't enjoy the pre nerf E5, to the point that I actually sold it. No real side armor or sidescraping ability with sorta inconsistent armor overall. Yeah it was strong but I found little value in it myself and have always found the 215b to be preferable to the E5.

So, I'm completely biased. Never the less, my answer would be new Maus> old E5

17 minutes ago, zapyoug said:

Pretty much this. E5 may have had the mobility but the Maus can literally double tap r and not give 2 shits.
The fact that it has comparable frontal armor (if not arguably better because literally anyone can angle it well), absurdly good side/rear armour, 3.2k hp, and similar DPM to an E5 with APCR gold shells, it's superior in every way BUT mobility. If the E5 was a tank you could go full retard in, the Maus is a tank even a fetus can play.

7 hours ago, zapyoug said:

I actually really didn't enjoy the pre nerf E5, to the point that I actually sold it. No real side armor or sidescraping ability with sorta inconsistent armor overall. Yeah it was strong but I found little value in it myself and have always found the 215b to be preferable to the E5.

Yeah even if the E5 was my first tier 10 and i have played many games in I never liked the tank. The amor layout is very weird, not fast enough for me and that gigantic heat magnet cupola always made want to sell it.

Anyway thanks for the clarification

Enjoy it while you can - according to TAP quoting Murazor, WG realized that somehow the Maus stats stand out significantly.

Whowouldhavethought.

Not WG, thats for sure. I guess dpm or gun handling nerf incoming. Will probably still be idiot proof but no longer be 2.5k dpg idiot proof.

1 hour ago, Jaegaer said:

Enjoy it while you can - according to TAP quoting Murazor, WG realized that somehow the Maus stats stand out significantly.

Whowouldhavethought.

Not WG, thats for sure. I guess dpm or gun handling nerf incoming. Will probably still be idiot proof but no longer be 2.5k dpg idiot proof.

Yeah in or so will see the nerf

2 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

Whowouldhavethought.

Yep, its on the same nerf schedule as the E5 was, so in about 1.5-2 years

On ‎27‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 3:21 PM, Archaic_One said:

Yep, its on the same nerf schedule as the E5 was, so in about 1.5-2 years

I doubt that. WG never said about the E5 that "it stands out and thats bad".

But we'll see.