Right so one of my problems with this game is having fun and doing well in Tier 10 tanks.....

Basically i just don't enjoy it as much as i do other tiers because at least with those there is always something to be grinding for but nothing at tier 10 which is where i fail to have any fun at and enjoy.

I don't think i'm that bad in that tier though there is always room for improvement but i struggle to do well knowing there is no progression on the line therefore i am all meh about it and dont perform as well as i should.

So can anyone give me any ideas on how i can have fun and enjoy the tier more and be more better at it?

7 minutes ago, KaiKai said:

sounds like you dont really play the game for the fun anymore but are stuck in the grinding loop. thats when it's often wise to quit a game.

Well thats not true, not at all, i love the game and my most played online so i dont know what gives you that idea?

I enjoy grinding yes, nothing wrong with that, its just that when platooning for example and they choose to play tier 10, i just lose all interest but its something i dont want to, surely there is another way to look at it to actually perk up and enjoy that tier more?

27 minutes ago, SlyMeerkat said:

Basically i just don't enjoy it as much as i do other tiers because at least with those there is always something to be grinding

kek

20 minutes ago, SlyMeerkat said:

Right so one of my problems with this game is having fun and doing well in Tier 10 tanks.....

Basically i just don't enjoy it as much as i do other tiers because at least with those there is always something to be grinding for but nothing at tier 10 which is where i fail to have any fun at and enjoy.

I don't think i'm that bad in that tier though there is always room for improvement but i struggle to do well knowing there is no progression on the line therefore i am all meh about it and dont perform as well as i should.

So can anyone give me any ideas on how i can have fun and enjoy the tier more and be more better at it?

I play high tiers, because the player base is more consistent. (relative to the low tiers)

In tier 10 specifically I am always top tier, and I can have a bigger relative influence => I don't feel like I am fucked by my team so often.

Pick targets for yourself in tier 10. It doesn't matter what it is (1,2,3 Mark/dpg/WR), but grind towards that.

3 minutes ago, Megumin said:

kek

???

3 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

I play high tiers, because the player base is more consistent. (relative to the low tiers)

In tier 10 specifically I am always top tier, and I can have a bigger relative influence => I don't feel like I am fucked by my team so often.

Pick targets for yourself in tier 10. It doesn't matter what it is (1,2,3 Mark/dpg/WR), but grind towards that.

Fair point i guess i can play for Marks and try for Aces as well as of course doing my best and getting better in general :)

5 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

This is key. The feeling before a tier 9-matchup in my Chi-Ri is one of despair and apathy. It's not so much "having an advantage over the others" as it is about being a significant enough portion of your teams total power so that your skill can actually have an effect.

Gave it a little more thought as to why i dont enjoy it as much as other tiers which is most players from my experience just fire premium ammo which puts me off and i am one of them players that dont fire it unless absolutely necessary plus a majority of good players are up at that tier which i find to be a little intimidating. 

Just now, SlyMeerkat said:

Gave it a little more thought as to wy i dont enjoy it as much as other tiers which is most players from my experience just fire premium ammo which puts me off and i am one of them players that dont fire it unless absolutely necessary plus a majority of good players are up at that tier which i find to be a little intimidating. 

You simply can't go thru some kind of vehicle frontally at all with the standard rounds.Make the shot counts is essential on any tier.

Just now, Megumin said:

You simply can't go thru some kind of vehicle frontally at all with the standard rounds.Make the shot counts is essential on any tier.

That what i mean, i use it for reasons like that but not just spam it.

1 minute ago, SlyMeerkat said:

That what i mean, i use it for reasons like that but not just spam it.

So, why would tier10 bother you then? Strong armor exist on any tier, same as the gold spam.

There's nothing wrong with not liking a specific tier. I personally hate every tier other than 10 simply because I hate not being top tier. Plus, it's so much easier to play in tier 10s than any other because you have more HP to trade and the gun stats/mobility are usually fantastic in tier 10. 

Another reason is because I don't have any good crews for my other tanks and I love having repairs, Bia and sixth sense 

2 minutes ago, Dangalang_time said:

Always being Top tier is my incentive for playing Tier X, also Because it  IS where the best players hover. I learn best by playing with and against great players.

A point of which i know and really should take in to consideration being one that always want to improve

If you don't enjoy it, don't bother playing it.

I almost never play tier 10 anymore because the gameplay is awful (this is, of course, my opinion on the matter). Arty has retarded alpha with retarded splash and is far too prevalent. There's too many stupid alpha cannons (JPE, 183, etc). The vision game ranges from minimal to completely dead which was always one of the more consistent and enjoyable parts of the game (a game mechanic that isn't controlled by RNG? Get rid of it comrade!). Because of all the alpha running around games are much more campy and tedious. Aggression gets punished more often than it is rewarded to the point where "aggressive" unicum level play is actually pretty passive. 

If you want to play tier 10 to improve on skills, pick a certain set of skills, pick a goal, and play to achieve that goal. If that isn't fun for you then don't bother with it. Play4fun.

The reality in this game is that there are always tiers that are just horrible to play because of inherent problems with some game mechanics. It changes over time, like how at one time 5 was insane because you fought nothing but 8s. Right now a lot of tiers are pretty bad to the point I'm purging a lot of stuff from my garage again because so everything is just broken, like how the recent buffing of 8s and addition of new OP 8s has rendered tier 6 practically unplayable. Play whatever tier you like, it's just a game, you aren't building up a resume or something.

Imo 10 is awful and virtually always has been. I don't even understand how people can take playing it, in mid tier I get a game ruined by arty maybe 1/20 games. I get hit by arty maybe 1/10. In 10 it's more like 1/5 and 1/3, respectively. That alone is intolerable to me. And yes, there's no vision at tier 10. Everything sees everything instantly, scouting of any kind has a much worse risk to reward ratio, and tormenting bads with scouting has always been one of the most amusing parts of the game to me. To me 10 has always seemed like the most degenerate form of this game, where the gameplay mostly comprises of lumbering along getting shot at by arty while sniping each other at 400m+ on open maps or just 22 weak spot snap shotting at 100m in closed maps hoping your RNG is better.

1 hour ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

The reality in this game is that there are always tiers that are just horrible to play because of inherent problems with some game mechanics. It changes over time, like how at one time 5 was insane because you fought nothing but 8s. Right now a lot of tiers are pretty bad to the point I'm purging a lot of stuff from my garage again because so everything is just broken, like how the recent buffing of 8s and addition of new OP 8s has rendered tier 6 practically unplayable. Play whatever tier you like, it's just a game, you aren't building up a resume or something.

Imo 10 is awful and virtually always has been. I don't even understand how people can take playing it, in mid tier I get a game ruined by arty maybe 1/20 games. I get hit by arty maybe 1/10. In 10 it's more like 1/5 and 1/3, respectively. That alone is intolerable to me. And yes, there's no vision at tier 10. Everything sees everything instantly, scouting of any kind has a much worse risk to reward ratio, and tormenting bads with scouting has always been one of the most amusing parts of the game to me. To me 10 has always seemed like the most degenerate form of this game, where the gameplay mostly comprises of lumbering along getting shot at by arty sniping each other at 400m+ on open maps or just 22 weak spot snap shotting at 100m in closed maps hoping your RNG is better.

I feel like this describes the perpetual state of the game from t7 upwards though, to touch on the arty issue most if not all tier 9 artillery are as bad as their tier 10 counterpart in alpha and for me personally ruins just as many games. Unless I'm in a heavy tank (sans the 50b) I run the risk of getting one shot by a t9-10 arty in every game in t7 and above and even some t7-8 arty still cripple games at those tiers. Honestly aside from your points about vision everything else is pretty omnipresent in other tiers, I feel it's almost worse below t10 in some cases. The gap between t9 and t7 is definitely bigger than t8 and t10 but both of them are large enough to make those tanks useless when bottom tier for the most part. 

I guess I'm just numb to it all, I've started only playing t9 and t10 because being bottom tier hurts to much.

For a long time I was kind of like that.

It was only when I got involved in clans and joined CALM, and then currently CROWN, that I got into tier X tanks more. Funnily enough, I didn't have any tier X tanks when i got into my clan, and I still don't even have any of the staple tier X CW tanks like the Obj 140, T110E5, IS-7 (working on it!).

My very first tier X tank was the Centurion Action X. This was just in time during the switch to that tank which included the missions to acquire the FV4202(P) (worth?:MingLee:). Being my first tier X tank, it certainly felt like an improvement and top of the line tank compared to its predecessors. And I had a heck of a time in it.

Currently my tier X garage comprises: Centurion Action X, STB-1, Obj 907, 113 and M60. 
Coming very soon: T110E5, IS-7, FV215b, T110E4, M48A1, Obj 140

But before that I wasn't in a hurry to get to tier X and mostly stuck around tier VI-VIII, with slight dabbing in tier IX. Mostly because I enjoyed the tanks available there, and also since it wasn't as costly to run these compared to the tier X tanks (always amusing to hear my platoon mates lament their low credits while I chuckled atop my pile of 10M credits)

And I still don't play that much tier X tanks. Partly since I don't have much of the meta tanks, and with 9.17.1 I don't have any of the super heavy tanks or doom cannons.

My main incentive to play tier X would have to be platoons. Playing tier X for me is far more enjoyable/tolerable when playing in a platoon.

Like @dualmaster333 said.  If you don't like tier 10 don't play it.  Play a tier you like for now before you feel ready to move up to tier 10.  

Personally though, I love tier 10 and never play lower than tier 8 unless I'm in a platoon mainly due to the high inconsistency of pubs.  I guess that's why I have 32 tier 10s and play all of them :D