Zesshin

*Updated* Chinese TDs Revisited. Finally Coming? (SoonTM??)

I have previously made a post HERE about Chinese TD leaks almost a year ago, but despite the leaks coming from KZW's official account (the company running WoT in China) not much information was provided afterwards. 

WoT Express Brought a neat piece of information to my attention today.

(Link to Wot Express VK account: https://vk.com/wotclue) All credits goes to them.

The following was mentioned during a KZW livestream:

" 克世界 临天下午夜谈 现在直播的是C系TD线的内容,关于这件事情有了详细的说明,坦克世界的更新是需要根据全球玩家的市场需求而定,C系车在世界市场中并不是很受重视。
KZW曾经向WG提供四版C系TD车的设计方案,要做足够详细的设计方案和数据分析才有可能让WG设计全新的C系车。
顺便说一句,C系车大部分都是KZW提供的资料和数据支持哦:minidoge:扎心不老铁们。 "

Which in roughly translates to:"

"World of Tanks (stream name), now livestreaming details about Chinese TD line. There has been detailed explanation about this. WoT patches need to be based on the demand of the global playerbase, and the Chinese tree isn't viewed as important on the global market. KZW (the company running WoT in China) previously provided 4 versions of Chinese TD Techtree layout/detailed design plans, the design plans needed to be detailed enough with accurate data analysis in order for it to be possible for WG to design brand new Chinese tanks (in this case, the TDs). Also, the majority of Chinese tech tree tanks are based on data and numbers provided by KZW itself."

The following Screenshots were also provided:

v1Wiyh5.jpg

qCS2Pww.jpg

Now, while this seems to be just another leak, the link to the livestream said "C系坦歼卫星终落地!全球首发先睹为快!", which translates to "Chinese link TD satellite finally landed!" "Global initial release sneak peek!"

(Chinese WoT Players refer to Wargaming's promises as satellites, as they are always around you but you can never touch them. In this case "satellite finally landed" could be interpreted as "promise finally fulfilled"

Also, in the comments, someone asked if the line will be released this year and KZW replied "Should be this year"

Source:

E8G5e3v.jpg

Link of the Stream: (Already ended)

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/s2gZpPPPw-2_hbPA2No7qg

a 440-490dmg gun on a WZ120 chasis? Tier 10 SU122-44? SoonTM? Who knows!

*Update*

WoT Express provided me with two additional articles, I don't know how trustworthy they are but they speculate the release of the line to be around China's National Day (Oct.1st)

"Chinese TDs in the final stages of being made. Models might be finished in April and will be available to Supertesters, in that case the soonest we can see the entire line would be around Chinese National Day (Oct. 1st, would be a really good day to release this line actually."

Second article repeats parts of the first one, but claims it was from "inside sources. They also added speculations that the two released models are very likely to be premiums for players to grind crews prior to the release of the full line.

From: https://www.myzaker.com/article/58baa8e31bc8e0455e000028/

More Screenshots:

58baa8e21bc8e0455e000014_640.jpg

58baa8e21bc8e0455e000015_640.jpg

58baa8e21bc8e0455e000016_640.jpg

58baa8e21bc8e0455e000017_640.jpg

And the other tank:

58baa8e21bc8e0455e000018_640.jpg

58baa8e21bc8e0455e000019_640.jpg

58baa8e21bc8e0455e00001a_640.jpg

58baa8e21bc8e0455e00001b_640.jpg

> i kinda need TDs for Obj 260 set of missions (assuming i will finish recent t55a missions)

> got 4 skill chinese crew rotting in barracks

:kwim: 

Hopefully that "ISU-113" (that isu-like TD on 113 hull) is tier X and is good. It seemed like 268 but better which would be quite cool because if 268 was just tad better i would have liked it. Tho i wont have very high hopes considering EVERY tier 10 TD is either trash or very inconstinent one-trick pony so yea. 

1 hour ago, Kitten said:

It's merely a worse version of a pre-existing heavy tank with APCR :doge:

I'll take auto-pen APCR over 334 HEAT any day tbh.  That, along with a smaller profile, more mobile chassis, and quicker overall make it more dangerous :minidoge:

14 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Will it be gold plated?

asking for that is almost as ridiculous as asking for them to have gun depression

So low gun depression low alpha mediocre armor td's ? Can't wait to play them.. 

11 hours ago, hall0 said:

Why? The Chinese have a foible for gold Tanks. Type 59 G says Hi

god damn

that skin looks both awesome and terrible at the same time

12 minutes ago, Zesshin said:

Thread updated with more screenshots and release date speculations, see top.

They look way too elaborate and well done to b e fake... but why do all of those images say 2015?

9 hours ago, Tupinambis said:

They look way too elaborate and well done to b e fake... but why do all of those images say 2015?

Some project in the industry can't take a really long time. They probably decided to put it on the back stove to work on some other thing. Also it's "only" 2015 and we just started 2017. It could be from late 2015 and "only" be 16-18 months old for all we know. 

On 3/3/2017 at 11:58 PM, Kitten said:

It's merely a worse version of a pre-existing heavy tank with APCR :doge:

That APCR is glorious though.

E4 is under rated IMO, got my TD missions done and it's the most versatile of the tier 10 TDs. 

Plus the HD remodel gave it a bit off a buff, especially as many players panic and don't aim properly at you when they see you pointing that 155m boom stick at them.

--------------------------------------

I'm guessing these tanks are basically just made up? a la 59-Patton.

Also are these not just going to be Soviet clones? I'd rather have the new British Heavy line, Swedish meds, the European tree and British lights over Chinese TDs. 

The idea of the Chinese td line becoming a Cn server exclusive is one of the weirdest, dumbest things I've ever heard

^Not really, doubt there is much interest on any of the main servers for Chinese tanks.

For EU I can see far more people wanting say Swedish meds, new British tanks and the proposed European tree over Chinese tanks.

Doubt the Russians want more Soviet knock off clones and can't see many NA players being interested in them either. 

39 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

^Not really, doubt there is much interest on any of the main servers for Chinese tanks.

For EU I can see far more people wanting say Swedish meds, new British tanks and the proposed European tree over Chinese tanks.

Doubt the Russians want more Soviet knock off clones and can't see many NA players being interested in them either. 

Maybe some of them are similar to Russian TDs...by looks. However, i *roughly* can guess what the line will look like, judging from articles about CN TDs. I can say that especially if its balanced correctly it potentially more "unique" than it seems like, and should have more unique designs than lets say, MT and HT line.

Potential tier 2-4 are originally tanks that were pretty much tanks from foreign nations but none of those are actual clones of current TDs (IIRC there was stuff such as TD based on M5A1 (NOT the M8, something different) and TD based on LVT, which is not even in the game in any kind of form), tier 5-6 are some kind of turretted TDs based on PT-76 (also not in the game). Tier 7 is possibly some kind of SU-100 but on tier 7 with 110's gun so it should be sorta unique in terms of playstyle, tier 8-9 seem to be those which are pictured (i guess tier 8 is that boxier design with gun that looks like the 122mm of 113, should be like SU-101 with less armor but i guess more depression), tier 9 might be very similar to SU-122-54 unless it has something like armor (like mentioned earlier the armor plate on front LOOKS actually thick) or 130mm gun, and tier 10 is that 113-ISU152 hybrid which would be nicely balanced, mobile TD with punchy gun, capable of going with meds but also sniping if necessary. It is comparable to 268, but im almost certain that thing will end up being better (long gun (its like more advanced ISU gun) indicates that it will have much better shell velocity).

Then again, i sorta agree with you that i would rather see other lines first, such as just like you said, new british lines (2nd HT and LT lines), Swedish meds (just because of the fact they are bringing swedish medium premiums to asses) and 2nd French heavy line (with superheavies up to tier 7 and then tier 8-10 are pretty much similar to Liberte). I would also rather have Japanese TDs before Chinese, because especially hightiers should be very unique in terms of playstyle (by what i know, potential tier 8-10 should be like Jagdtigers with -10 depression, thinner armor but medium-like mobility and 105mm guns (imagine improved versions of midtier jap heavy 10cm guns, with tier 10 having "very highpower 105mm")).

New lines are (almost) always welcome though so i dont still really like that they are "chinese server exclusive". Though im almost certain they will still eventually come to other servers aswell (look at 59-patton, wz-111 and 121B)