Sign in to follow this  
Gashtag

Confirming that Victor Kislyi is the most inept CEO of all time

This article is a good laugh: http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/7/14834044/wargaming-ceo-interview-world-of-tanks

In purple; what I read

• “We were a little arrogant, let's say, three years ago,”
    • *Eyes rolled back so far I could see my 20 years in the past*
  • “We were thinking we know everything"
    • *My body followed my eyes and recoiled like a spring*
  • "I wouldn't call it a disaster, but we hit the wall at some point.”
    • *Spring releases slamming my head into my desk with a velocity high enough to pen the upper glacis of an E100*
  • “We are always open to criticism”
    • *My head projectile just turned into an HE round and exploded a second time*
  • Kislyi said... [firing Belorussians because they didn't speak English] made them more able to respond to the needs of their community, more adaptable and better able to listen.
    • Glad that he's taking full credit for this mastermind piece of strategy. 
  • “I was pushing all those teams to literally copy World of Tanks,” Kislyi said. “That was wrong.”
    • How did you even become a manager let alone CEO if you can't delegate...
  • "The final overhaul [for a new graphics engine] is loosely scheduled for August of this year."
    • The final overhaul is loosely scheduled for August 2020.
  • "the approach should be that we’re making the game to be built like the pyramids, for centuries or millennia.”
    • This game will be dead in two years

TL;DR - Get your popcorn, the type 59 will soon go on sale...

You and everyone keep whining and claiming that the game will be dead in 2 years, be original? Smh

What I read was that each game (WoWS and WoT) will have seperate design teams and that they plan to do their best to keep the game alive with improvements and by listening to its community. 

Ofc what he said isn't set in stone but I have high hopes. 

I'm not expecting too much, but I do think the game has been improving. Arty changes are in the works, and they seem to be addressing a lot of community problems. The game has potential to be quite good. At least in my opinion 

Oh another one of these threads. I understand if you don't like the game or the company that makes it. Fair call. But why do you think the game is dying? Wg has really upped their production this year it seems. Alot of improvements that the majority of players like. Sure the Japanese he guns are retarded but it really feels like there trying to make the game more enjoyable for the average player.

which to be fair is what you should do as a company, cater to the larger population = more money really. I still enjoy the game and I hope it sticks around for a long time because I haven't really gotten this invested in a game ever. 

4 hours ago, hazzgar said:

I guess you haven't met or read interviews with many CEO's if this seems somewhat special. This is atually pretty mild and PR friendly even if annoying to some. So in short. Mate, do you even work?

The only thing Kislyi did common to other CEOs in this interview is lie about always being open to criticism. The truth he spoke is more revealing of his incompetence. And yes you cheeky bastard, I own my own business. 

5 hours ago, CheekiBreeki_ said:

You and everyone keep whining and claiming that the game will be dead in 2 years, be original?

1 hour ago, Luna said:

I fucking swear people have been saying this game is dead since it was released, like wtf is with you people.

Don't take it as a personal attack guys, I was also making fun of the old saying :D 

56 minutes ago, Va1heru said:

trying to make the game more enjoyable for the average player.

which to be fair is what you should do as a company, cater to the larger population = more money really. I still enjoy the game and I hope it sticks around for a long time because I haven't really gotten this invested in a game ever. 

They've always catered to the avg. player, what's interesting is that WG's penultimate defence is customer service, the last one is a Type-59 sale. There's only one reason SerB and Kislyi would start worrying about popularity or customer satisfaction and it's not because they took a winter trip of enlightenment and found religion. If every other game they've made flops as hard as an epileptic magikarp at a rave, you gotta wonder how long WoT will keep the WG train alive. The leadership is certainly not to credit with their success as of yet.

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

This, completely and 100% this. 

I'm the same, played MWOnline for a while but never really clicked with it and after the developer failed to deliver multiple times I swapped over to tanks.

With WoT it's the grinding the tanks, the skill improvement and the quite tight knit community on NA that keeps the core players here or semi here.

13 hours ago, Gashtag said:

The only thing Kislyi did common to other CEOs in this interview is lie about always being open to criticism. The truth he spoke is more revealing of his incompetence. And yes you cheeky bastard, I own my own business. 

And as part of your own business do you know many CEOS of big companies? I am in a position to meet rather many of them and they often know little about the details of their company but they still pretend they do. Especially the CEO's that build the company from ground up since they remember the times they knew everything the company and they don't want accept the fact that it's not the case? So they will pretend they know everything, lie even to themselves and sometimes look stupid in the proces. Seriously this interview isn't bad for CEO standards. 

2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

And as part of your own business do you know many CEOS of big companies? I am in a position to meet rather many of them and they often know little about the details of their company but they still pretend they do. Especially the CEO's that build the company from ground up since they remember the times they knew everything the company and they don't want accept the fact that it's not the case? So they will pretend they know everything, lie even to themselves and sometimes look stupid in the proces. Seriously this interview isn't bad for CEO standards. 

Say what haha, excuse me but what 3rd world country are you from where apparently most of the major company CEO's know nothing about the company they are representing? I've been in marketing for more than 15 years and under 5 different company CEO's of multi-millionaire turnover companies, and believe me they knew the companies better than they knew their own family! You on the other hand sound like you are talking about something you are clearly clueless about.

16 minutes ago, PantyHero said:

Say what haha, excuse me but what 3rd world country are you from where apparently most of the major company CEO's know nothing about the company they are representing? I've been in marketing for more than 15 years and under 5 different company CEO's of multi-millionaire turnover companies, and believe me they knew the companies better than they knew their own family! You on the other hand sound like you are talking about something you are clearly clueless about, so I guess you're an CEO? 

For a marketing exect you sure do suck at reading. They CEOS don't know about the DETAILS of the company, not they know nothing about the company. As the company grows it is impossible to gather all the info in your company. You are just one person, not a fucking supercomputer. That is why you employ people. To help you run the company. It's a myth that CEOs often sell that they know every nook and cranny of their company. Some are more hands on and know more I give you that but they often exaggerate HOW MUCH they know. I assume you are one of those people who assumes high position means someone = knowledge and skill so you trust all the BS they sling at you. I admire the CEO of my company, he hired me personally but I was hired exactly for the reason of checking his BS. I'm a market analyst currently working with 4 different CEOs with our own CEO on a day to day basis to help him with movie aqusition, budgeting goals for Eastern Europe but I also help with decisions for a few other regions. I am also part of the 2 key strategists for marketing for our country. So yeah I'm think I'm pretty qualified to say CEOs don't have all the knowledge. Not to mention I go on enough meetings to see other talented CEOs who don't see the line between stuff they know and stuff they don't know. So they sell both with the same intensity.

Also if you worked under 5 CEOS and you think they knew everything about their company then either you are naive or they were wasting their time knowing stuff they didn't need instead of delegating and focusing on important decisions. Though I just think it's a typical response of someone who automaticaly admires people in power no matter who they are and assumes they are good at everything they do, being basically flawless people. I hope you are not in marketing strategy or analysis with that idealistic view of the world because if you are, you are most likely overpaid given your response.

19 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

For a marketing exect you sure do suck at reading. They CEOS don't know about the DETAILS of the company, not they know nothing about the company. As the company grows it is impossible to gather all the info in your company. You are just one person, not a fucking supercomputer. That is why you employ people. To help you run the company. It's a myth that CEOs often sell that they know every nook and cranny of their company. Some are more hands on and know more I give you that but they often exaggerate HOW MUCH they know. I assume you are one of those people who assumes high position means someone = knowledge and skill so you trust all the BS they sling at you. I admire the CEO of my company, he hired me personally but I was hired exactly for the reason of checking his BS. I'm a market analyst currently working with 4 different CEOs with our own CEO on a day to day basis to help him with movie aqusition, budgeting goals for Eastern Europe but I also help with decisions for a few other regions. I am also part of the 2 key strategists for marketing for our country. So yeah I'm think I'm pretty qualified to say CEOs don't have all the knowledge. Not to mention I go on enough meetings to see other talented CEOs who don't see the line between stuff they know and stuff they don't know. So they sell both with the same intensity.

Also if you worked under 5 CEOS and you think they knew everything about their company then either you are naive or they were wasting their time knowing stuff they didn't need instead of delegating and focusing on important decisions. Though I just think it's a typical response of someone who automaticaly admires people in power no matter who they are and assumes they are good at everything they do, being basically flawless people. I hope you are not in marketing strategy or analysis with that idealistic view of the world because if you are, you are most likely overpaid given your response.

I truely admire how in all of your posts you immediately know the person you are replying to based on the few lines of text you read, and you call yourself an analyst? You call me this and that and assume I am this and that, all from 3 lines of text. I sure as hell hope you do your so called analyst job better, cause right now you're just throwing around with big words that mean absolutely shit. I'm amazed your "resume" looks so good, or maybe you just like to spice it up online to make yourself look good? There's a fine line between what CEO's want to store and what they want others to store for them sure, but it is no secret that every respectful  and succesful CEO in the history worth remembering for something grand, became just that because they had a finger in every aspect of their product and company. 

I don't give a rats ass how many CEO's you've talked to or how many people and CEO's you meet every day, that tells me absolutely nothing about the people you meet and what kind of quality and business they are running. I repeat I said multi-millionaire turnover companies! For all I know it might as well be CEO's who are completely green or have a "2 man"-based company. Based on your text you should be CEO of microsoft or something cause you sure know how to analyze and execute! Like I said after 15 years in marketing I know well enough that right now you're doing exactly what you said CEO's do, talk shit and try to sell your point of view by making yourself sound like some masterclass genius, by throwing around big words "oh I analyze this" "I do strategic management for top CEO's" 

The fact you say you are hired by your CEO, to check his bullshit, says more about the company and the CEO you are working for, than anything else. I'll let you get the last word cause I'm frankly done using my time on someone who present them selves as a world class business analyzt, yet haven't analyzed himself yet on what he is doing wrong in a simple point and click game, maybe analyze that next? I know I'm due for another post with big words searching business 2 business selling points on google, I can't wait!

18 hours ago, Va1heru said:

Oh another one of these threads. I understand if you don't like the game or the company that makes it. Fair call. But why do you think the game is dying? Wg has really upped their production this year it seems. Alot of improvements that the majority of players like. Sure the Japanese he guns are retarded but it really feels like there trying to make the game more enjoyable for the average player.

I can understand if people get that impression playing on the NA server, especially the west coast server. This game has never REALLY gained a lot of traction here and the server population has slowly been shrinking for years. I still like this game and *most* of the things in it, but there are a lot of aspects that just don't click well with the NA market. i.e. premium ammo feeling and tasking like a P2W element even if it might not technically be one.

Also low tiers being an absolutely miserable, butt-fuck awful disaster that combines all of the extreme worst elements into the game into one massively shit package, and the NA market generally not having the patience to get through some amazingly bad tier 1-4 vehicles.

10 hours ago, hazzgar said:

My new CEO is plugged in hard, he is the reason we are doing better and have had a good turnaround.

If you are in a meeting with him, and you throw out a budgetary number, or a line item cost, you better damn well be right, because if you are not, he will rip you to shreds with facts, about the financials.

The guy is a freaking West Point grad, that served in the 10th Mountain division, came back from Afghanistan and got a degree in Chemical Engineering from MIT so he could prove his shit to the engineers who think they know how to run a company and develop a product.

You are categorizing an entire group of people, along several industries, and at least in my mind:

wrong.PNG

8 hours ago, PantyHero said:

I truely admire how in all of your posts you immediately know the person you are replying to based on the few lines of text you read, and you call yourself an analyst? You call me this and that and assume I am this and that, all from 3 lines of text. I sure as hell hope you do your so called analyst job better, cause right now you're just throwing around with big words that mean absolutely shit. I'm amazed your "resume" looks so good, or maybe you just like to spice it up online to make yourself look good? There's a fine line between what CEO's want to store and what they want others to store for them sure, but it is no secret that every respectful  and succesful CEO in the history worth remembering for something grand, became just that because they had a finger in every aspect of their product and company. 

I don't give a rats ass how many CEO's you've talked to or how many people and CEO's you meet every day, that tells me absolutely nothing about the people you meet and what kind of quality and business they are running. I repeat I said multi-millionaire turnover companies! For all I know it might as well be CEO's who are completely green or have a "2 man"-based company. Based on your text you should be CEO of microsoft or something cause you sure know how to analyze and execute! Like I said after 15 years in marketing I know well enough that right now you're doing exactly what you said CEO's do, talk shit and try to sell your point of view by making yourself sound like some masterclass genius, by throwing around big words "oh I analyze this" "I do strategic management for top CEO's" 

The fact you say you are hired by your CEO, to check his bullshit, says more about the company and the CEO you are working for, than anything else. I'll let you get the last word cause I'm frankly done using my time on someone who present them selves as a world class business analyzt, yet haven't analyzed himself yet on what he is doing wrong in a simple point and click game, maybe analyze that next? I know I'm due for another post with big words searching business 2 business selling points on google, I can't wait!

Mate you write an ad personam attack post and then get offended I assume a bit much about you? Not to mention you assume the people I am talking about. One one hand you berate me for claiming I have knowledge and strong skills, on the other you brag about working for super duper companies for 15 years. Google hypocrisy mate.

Also no mate based on my text I shouldn't be a CEO but exactly who I am. A specialized analyst for aquisitions and marketing strategy. I also never said I do strategic management or any kind of management for top CEOs so can you stop putting words in my mouth? 

Also it's nice that you repeat empty slogans from business courses and self help books 

PS. Multi milionare tornover companies is an empty term. It tells me nothing about the scale of your company.  You could as well have worked for 15 years as a junior brand manager for a small company (since multi milion can be 3 milion or 300 milion) 

To cut it short we could have had a civilized discussion but you decided to attack me because all good ceos are great and you must defend their honor. It doesn't tell me much about your CEO but it tells me a lot about you

PS2. Eat a dick for taking a dig at my tanks stats in order to make your shitty argument look better. Nothing to do with the discussion.

3 hours ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

My new CEO is plugged in hard, he is the reason we are doing better and have had a good turnaround.

If you are in a meeting with him, and you throw out a budgetary number, or a line item cost, you better damn well be right, because if you are not, he will rip you to shreds with facts, about the financials.

The guy is a freaking West Point grad, that served in the 10th Mountain division, came back from Afghanistan and got a degree in Chemical Engineering from MIT so he could prove his shit to the engineers who think they know how to run a company and develop a product.

You care categorizing an entire group of people, along several industries, and at least in my mind:

First of all thanks for a non agressive and well argumented response.

My CEO used to be like your CEO when our company was in it's first 10 years. Now as the company has grown he shifted focus. He negotiates bigger deals and focuses on aquisitions less even though he really really likes it. The thing is he has limited time. Despite working super hard I see he simply doesn't have enough time to have an in depth knowledge about everything. I'm not saying he is stupid. I am just saying as your company grows your brain doesn't automatically expand. You have the same amount of hours in the day, the same amount of information you can absorb so of course you have to DELEGATE some of the stuff to other people. I work in the movie business and I'm pretty sure Richard Murdoch doesn't closely follow the cinema box office of every fox release or TV ratings on every FX original program. 

What I am trying to point out is not that CEO's are clueless. Is that they are not the people to be asked about close specifics of the products their companies run as over certain size it becomes difficult and often counter productive to keep track of everything. 

That is why CEOs are great to interview about the business side of their companies but not the best people to ask about the specifics. They hire people to know the specifics for a reason. It's not a charity. 

Well, other than the Prometheus reference, I have worked with "Vision CEO's" and CEO's that can go down on the shop floor of any factory, walk into a booth, and take over for the technician for the line and make product.

I get what you are saying, but in my experience, there are quite a few CEO's that are very hands on, but not intrusive. Their are CEO's that are hands on and destructive, because they think they know better than anyone else, and CEO's that say "here is my vision, make it happen". Fortunately for my last 30 years, I mainly get aligned with the first type.

3 hours ago, hazzgar said:

PS2. Eat a dick for taking a dig at my tanks stats in order to make your shitty argument look better. Nothing to do with the discussion.

Well, maybe once you get REALLY gud@lyfe, you can reroll and be gr8 at tonks too!

On 9.03.2017 at 11:07 PM, SmirkingGerbil said:

Well, other than the Prometheus reference, I have worked with "Vision CEO's" and CEO's that can go down on the shop floor of any factory, walk into a booth, and take over for the technician for the line and make product.

I get what you are saying, but in my experience, there are quite a few CEO's that are very hands on, but not intrusive. Their are CEO's that are hands on and destructive, because they think they know better than anyone else, and CEO's that say "here is my vision, make it happen". Fortunately for my last 30 years, I mainly get aligned with the first type.

I think it's luck and when you enter a company. It's hard to be hands on for 20 years. Especially in knowing what the customer wants since when you start the company and when you are rich for 10+ years your worldview often changes. Very often being hands on is what made the company great but then the world has changed, the company has grown and the CEO can't keep up with knowing everything with the crowing company and consumer trends. 

On 9.03.2017 at 11:50 PM, Treeburst said:

Well, maybe once you get REALLY gud@lyfe, you can reroll and be gr8 at tonks too!

Naah I rather keep posting from an account incorrectly displaying my stats and see which wotlabers decide not to read my posts and just assume I don't know shit since my stats are bad.