Dracei

Help improving in the STB-1

Hey, so I've nearly hit 30 games in this tank and I have below 45% WR currently and I don't feel I can carry properly in this tank and a lot of the time I end up not doing as much as I could have. A similar thing happened to me when I had the AMX 30b and the E50 m to some extent but I was much worse at the game when I played both of those (and they both ended up with around 52% WR before I decided I couldn't play t10 mediums to save my life). I'd love for someone to chime in and help me suck less because I know I do. 

Below are the 29 games I've had so far, which I think all of them are in 9.17.1. If anyone wants to pick like 5 replays at random and go through them with me and help me fix what I did game by game, either here or even on discord if you want to do it real time that'd be much appreciated.

Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u1g2id896qalfhc/AACY-HfzAxMgEM__K9NL2ABca?dl=0

a6a00a3899.png

Just now, Assassin7 said:

Le shameless plug

Ill see if I can have a look when i get home to a computer.

I've actually read that article quite a few times, it was what made me aware Wotlabs has articles.

Just now, Dracei said:

I've actually read that article quite a few times, it was what made me aware Wotlabs has articles.

Lol. The info should still be accurate.

The STB is my favourite tank. Its a very aggressive tank, unlike the Leo, 30B, or AX which are more support tanks. I cant really give much help while in class on my phone, but for another shameless plug, I have a whole bunch of twice highlights up on my channel of me playing it, if you want to go see how I play it xD.

Spam as many high % shots as you can. That's literally it because dispersion will make you want to cut yourself.

1 hour ago, Luna said:

How to stb: sell it and buy a better medium

Similar to my strategy of never buy, and play better mediums. Sometimes I'll borrow one on another account or play it on sheriff's to remind myself to never grind one.

44 minutes ago, CheekiBreeki_ said:

Leo 1 is wayyy better tbh

Nah, 50M post buff is new #1 medium tank. We have legit used them in half of our CW games since patch.

2 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

What would you buy when no better tanks exist?

E50M

2 hours ago, Luna said:

Nah, 50M post buff is new #1 medium tank. We have legit used them in half of our CW games since patch.

E50M

they should buff the turret to 250mm frontal like they did on blitz for shits and giggles

@Assassin7 Foch in his has gld over vents since he thinks it makes the tank better post the accuracy nerf. What do you think about it?

I personally would agree with you even though i am not a fan of vents myself. 

I think its dumb. Sure, you get slightly better aim time, but you lose out on DPM, and base accuracy. And you want the DPM. Thats what makes the STB so good.  And my STB has 0.32 dispersion in my setup. Which is better than ALL of my other tier 10 tanks except my AX. And the aim time really isnt that bad. If anyone would ever feel bad aim time or bad gun handling on a tank, its me due to ping. But I've never had a problem with it. 

Honestly the aiming time hasn't been too big of an issue, it's barely worse than the Type-61 and feels better than the Amx 30 proto which I've been playing recently, the rate of fire has been so fun as well. As I said, it's not the tank stats that I'm struggling with, it's my general issue of not being able to carry as well in a t10 medium, and since I'm playing this at the moment and I have a bunch of recent replays I wanted to rectify this, it probably goes deeper into my playstyle as well.

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

I think its dumb. Sure, you get slightly better aim time, but you lose out on DPM, and base accuracy. And you want the DPM. Thats what makes the STB so good.  And my STB has 0.32 dispersion in my setup. Which is better than ALL of my other tier 10 tanks except my AX. And the aim time really isnt that bad. If anyone would ever feel bad aim time or bad gun handling on a tank, its me due to ping. But I've never had a problem with it. 

Yeah Foch's ideas are not always spot on, but i like to watch him for the saltness.

Do you play with or without food? Because when i played it on SB i did without food and the gun handling was not that great, and i feel that part of the great dpm you lose it because of  subpar handling. 

Still it has an incredible potential and i believe it is one of the best tier 8/9 stompers. Another thing i have noticed it is as deadly as an autoloader towards end game.

27 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

Yeah Foch's ideas are not always spot on, but i like to watch him for the saltness.

Do you play with or without food? Because when i played it on SB i did without food and the gun handling was not that great, and i feel that part of the great dpm you lose it because of  subpar handling. 

Still it has an incredible potential and i believe it is one of the best tier 8/9 stompers. Another thing i have noticed it is as deadly as an autoloader towards end game.

I run food. Same reason as vents. Making that gun handling as good as possible, while also increasing its DPM as much as possible. Its one of those few tanks where you can simeltaniously minimise its greatest weakness while maximising its biggest strength at the same time.

Also it is VERY rare for it to catch fire. 

@Dracei if I ever remember, ill give your replays a look and give you some pointers.

Yeah i tought so. It is a very good tank and one day maybe i will manage to get to tier x but the grind is so bad and i dont have the free xp to skip it.

I dont think i will ever have the credits to run it with food though

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

Yeah i tought so. It is a very good tank and one day maybe i will manage to get to tier x but the grind is so bad and i dont have the free xp to skip it.

I dont think i will ever have the credits to run it with food though

After the Chi-Ri the grind is fine, I rage sold the Chi-Ri and free exp'd the Sta and loved it. I have far from the best stats but I was way more consistent in these tanks than in my usual medium tank grinds, though I hit a rut and fucked up my Type 61 MoE towards the end, ruining my chance to get 2 marks while grinding (also my sta-1 stats are a great example of how shit I am at carrying in t8 as well, it's so hard when half the time I feel like I get t10 and i feel like a liability).

75cf471b72.png

5 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

heh, I completely skipped the Chi-Ri. didnt even play it. 

but Chi-Ri OP

back in 2014