ThomChen114

T25 Pilot Numbah 1!

7 hours ago, FurryLionBalls said:

Not sure what you're on @lavawing. You state these opinions as fact but the FCM 50t now occasionally needs a few of those Annoying Curvature Polished Roundel things, but it has a good slope on the front 120mm to bully lower tiers with, big tracks to absorb shells, it's fast enough to relocate and gun handling is good enough to put down some pain.

CDC is just hard to play, and while I've 2 marked it neither you nor I have the skill to go further. Gun handling is a bit derpy at times, but other gun characteristics are good and mobility is epic. This tank is out of our skill level

T-44-100 will probably be my next (post surgery) 3 mark tank, it's much better than you think. turret is semi-reliable if you pick your opponents well, mobility is good, tracks are troll, unlike the CDC it's not a huge target etc etc.

While 240 dmg t8 meds are a hard set to enjoy in a game where you see a lot of Tier X battles (for instance, 16 in a row during my STA-2 3 mark, thanks NA West!), this looks mediocre at worst, probably a sleeper hit, but definitely worth $free.

The 50t and CDC suffer from the same problem: being huge and having mediocre gun handling (terribad for CDC). The 50t's bloom isn't actually terrible - but the general size and the lack of turret armour forces you to take snapshots. Meanwhile the CDC has the same gunhandling as the Centurion while having double the HP/T - to the point I dropped the rammer for GLD just to make the gun manageable. To illustrate, the CDC with vents, BIA and vertstab still handles worse than a Panther II with the L100 without any equipment or perks. I have no idea why the gun handling has to be this bad.

Having 240 alpha is one thing, having 240 alpha with bad gun handling for no reason whatsoever is what makes these two tanks infuriating to play. I agree that the CDC is probably made worse by the fact that I'm a pleb and a baddie, but the tank sucks even if you're gud. There are tanks like the STA-2 that are better in the same role and aren't the size of a small bunker. For the 50t, the tank gets heavy MM which makes me want to slit my wrists when MM pits me against a Defender platoon.

The T-44-100 is not a good tank. I stand by my opinion. It's main problem is that the firepower is depressingly bad. The armor can bounce but you can't count on it. The speed is good and the ability and camo excellent, but the viewrange is pretty bad for a med which limits its scouting capabilities. The gun lacks the pen for hard targets. The bloom is decent but for something that is basically incapable of engaging targets frontally - it should be far better. The DPM is unremarkable especially given the low alpha. It's relaxing to play and is tiny so doesn't get focus fired, but it doesn't have many highs either. It's not taxing to play but not hugely rewarding either.

It says something about the state of T8 meds when a T8 premium heavium is flat out better than most of them. To me 240 alpha is a serious detriment and there should be something to compensate for it. It makes no sense to gimp the DPM like with the Panther II since these tanks already have an inherent disadvantage in the meta.

I am a bit wary of anything that has 240 alpha, but as others having pointed out the T25 pilot has pretty much the best bloom in tier and usable turret armor. It's probably going to be pretty decent and extremely comfortable to play -  though the low APCR pen - especially in this heavy meta, limits its potential.

8 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Guys it's a premium, you play premiums in strongholds, you don't meet tier 10s in strongholds.

You get it for free.

It trains your m46 crew and makes credits.

Quit bitching.

i concur, i was considering buying the KR or the SP for a while just for crew training, but they seemed meh

im glad i didn't since this thing is a dedicated crew (premium) trainer for FREE, which i think is a solid deal AND its not even half as hard, demanding (you need a highly unreasonable amount of vechiles to do the 44-100 marthon missions, especially since nations like czeh literally just a straight line), AND it has better DPM then the pershing which i like

I don't like complaining about free shit, but can someone please give it a better engine. K thnx.

8 minutes ago, Ezz said:

I'm hearing 20k XP but am not in game so can't check.

check website

but yep, 20k EXP

gets x5 coffee w/ cinnamon buns (for them Swedes if im not mistaken)

1 minute ago, ThomChen114 said:

gets x5 coffee w/ cinnamon buns (for them Swedes if im not mistaken)

Still spamming Swedes in our faces?

8 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

check website

Must have been in the last few mins - it wasn't when i first looked. But 20k with a few decent doubles / triples should not be too much of a stretch. I'll reserve judgement for after i get 10 battles of tomatoes in a row...

59 minutes ago, lavawing said:

[...] to the point I dropped the rammer for GLD just to make the gun manageable. To illustrate, the CDC with vents, BIA and vertstab still handles worse than a Panther II with the L100 without any equipment or perks. I have no idea why the gun handling has to be this bad.

Having 240 alpha is one thing, having 240 alpha with bad gun handling for no reason whatsoever is what makes these two tanks infuriating to play. I agree that the CDC is probably made worse by the fact that I'm a pleb and a baddie, but the tank sucks even if you're gud. There are tanks like the STA-2 that are better in the same role and aren't the size of a small bunker. For the 50t, the tank gets heavy MM which makes me want to slit my wrists when MM pits me against a Defender platoon.

Huge size I can't argue with, but these tanks are meant to be hidden behind a ridge. The size is often useful in that there are a huge number of spots the FCM is perfect for sitting in the dip of while using the ridge to cover it, and turning the top of the turret into surprisingly bouncy (bounce ~40-50% as ricochet)

Assuming you're running food in the CDC like me but gave up on food in the P2 because of the fire risk, that setup handles better than a Panther 2. Sure if you're not running food they're pretty even (better aim, worse base dispersion, 0.02 worse on turret traverse and better if your gun get dmged or you shoot it. Obviously the Panther 2 does much better with full equipment, but you can permatrack at a distance with the CDC and really nibble away at HP pools, and when the situation turns bad you can flee - which is harder in the Panthers. Plus that extra gun depression really does je

Reload: 6.42 vs 7.67 (+366 DPM)
Aim time: 1.93s vs 2.11s
Dispersion: 0.30 vs 0.29 
Moving: 0.14 vs 0.15
Tank Traverse: 0.14 vs 0.15
Turret Traverse: 0.11 vs 0.10
Firing: 2.38 vs 3.36
Damaged: 1.36 vs 1.92
Gun Depression: -10º vs -8º

It loses out on Shell Velocity and has a little less pen (212 vs 223 / 259 vs 261 - negligible differences in terms of what you'll fire at, while it has 35.04hp/ton to the Panther 2's 12.79, even with it's crappy (for a t8 med) terrain resists it is spritely and spry (effective on hard is 42.9 vs 36.8, medium is 37.85 vs 29.4 and soft is 21.45 vs 14.02), plus it has 100 less HP

It actually has significantly better engine health (360 vs 260), track health (240 vs 210) - so it gets detracked half of the time on an initial shot by a same gun tank rather than 'nearly all the time' (>85%), and 40 more ammo rack health (same kind of benefit), then it has 15% vs 20% chance of fire.

In other words, calling it trash compared to what has been buffed to probably the 2nd best T8 medium in the tech tree atm (I still hate it) and a tank known for it's sniping ability - the problem isn't so much the tank. All the T8 premium meds are much of a muchness - maybe even all of the meds, but the CDC acquits itself better in tier X games than most even if it loses out to what @Zeven would call 'bully'. "If bully then bully" admittedly doesn't come to mind much playing the CDC".

Trust me on this - I know people say it is, and it's a hella frustrating tank to play, but it's easy to spin up damage numbers that are quite decent, and the extra 2 base camo really stacks impressively when all is added in.

59 minutes ago, lavawing said:

For the 50t, the tank gets heavy MM which makes me want to slit my wrists when MM pits me against a Defender platoon.

Defender was a mistake imo - it's got too much gun, too much armor and enough mobility, and should've been nerfed on test server. Sure, FCM isn't perfect against a Defender but if you actually play it it's not too bad. More DPM, accuracy to pen the hatches if you're close and the LFP if you're far away, and speed to disengage from the engagement or fight on your terms and choice of terrain. Plus, if you get to a track wheel you're golden!

1 hour ago, lavawing said:

The T-44-100 is not a good tank. I stand by my opinion. It's main problem is that the firepower is depressingly bad. The armor can bounce but you can't count on it. The speed is good and the ability and camo excellent, but the viewrange is pretty bad for a med which limits its scouting capabilities. The gun lacks the pen for hard targets. The bloom is decent but for something that is basically incapable of engaging targets frontally - it should be far better. The DPM is unremarkable especially given the low alpha. It's relaxing to play and is tiny so doesn't get focus fired, but it doesn't have many highs either. It's not taxing to play but not hugely rewarding either.

Yep, 183 AP pen means you might have to aim a bit more and the lower pen gold round means you actually have to flank etc. It's entirely capable of engaging T6/7, most T8's, T9 meds and even E75 LFP if you load gold etc, and flanking is needed for Anime Heavies, SuperHeavies and suchlike, but unlike the Mod 1 - which is a trash tank in the current meta, at least on NA, it has the ability to relocate. The sideskirts are surprisingly effective, the turret is surprisingly effective and the armor layout lets you bully lower tiers surprisingly effectively...plus it has the Russian Comfort factor going (much like the Pershing's Southern Comfort)..It's very much a Russian T25 Pilot!

And although I've sucked in it to date, I'll get 2 or 3 marks on it pretty soon - and the MoE requirements show me that good players REALLY find it is a tank with a high skill ceiling.

But you trashed it when you opened the post on it and I think you're playing it wrong. I'd use Optics, Rammer and Vert Stab, Food and BIA/Camo/Repairs/JOAT/Safe/Designated/+ a driver skill . It'll hit 442.43m view range without vents, situational awareness or recon - ~470m with. Then you're self spotting for targets and with a rather good for Russia -7º gun depression and fantastic traverse and good enough bloom values, plus the extra 10 dmg over the other 90mm options, plus a bit more module damage.

The main downside is, like the T25 Pilot 1, lacklustre AP shell speed 880m/s and 853m/s respectively, and you can get round that by running a credit booster and firing lots of APCR - if you're on SEA it's probably what's making you hate the tank, as I've never met anyone before with GREAT ping to that server! Even from here in Sydney I ping lower to NA.

50 minutes ago, FurryLionBalls said:

Huge size I can't argue with, but these tanks are meant to be hidden behind a ridge. The size is often useful in that there are a huge number of spots the FCM is perfect for sitting in the dip of while using the ridge to cover it, and turning the top of the turret into surprisingly bouncy (bounce ~40-50% as ricochet)

Assuming you're running food in the CDC like me but gave up on food in the P2 because of the fire risk, that setup handles better than a Panther 2. Sure if you're not running food they're pretty even (better aim, worse base dispersion, 0.02 worse on turret traverse and better if your gun get dmged or you shoot it. Obviously the Panther 2 does much better with full equipment, but you can permatrack at a distance with the CDC and really nibble away at HP pools, and when the situation turns bad you can flee - which is harder in the Panthers. Plus that extra gun depression really does je

Reload: 6.42 vs 7.67 (+366 DPM)
Aim time: 1.93s vs 2.11s
Dispersion: 0.30 vs 0.29 
Moving: 0.14 vs 0.15
Tank Traverse: 0.14 vs 0.15
Turret Traverse: 0.11 vs 0.10
Firing: 2.38 vs 3.36
Damaged: 1.36 vs 1.92
Gun Depression: -10º vs -8º

It loses out on Shell Velocity and has a little less pen (212 vs 223 / 259 vs 261 - negligible differences in terms of what you'll fire at, while it has 35.04hp/ton to the Panther 2's 12.79, even with it's crappy (for a t8 med) terrain resists it is spritely and spry (effective on hard is 42.9 vs 36.8, medium is 37.85 vs 29.4 and soft is 21.45 vs 14.02), plus it has 100 less HP

It actually has significantly better engine health (360 vs 260), track health (240 vs 210) - so it gets detracked half of the time on an initial shot by a same gun tank rather than 'nearly all the time' (>85%), and 40 more ammo rack health (same kind of benefit), then it has 15% vs 20% chance of fire.

In other words, calling it trash compared to what has been buffed to probably the 2nd best T8 medium in the tech tree atm (I still hate it) and a tank known for it's sniping ability - the problem isn't so much the tank. All the T8 premium meds are much of a muchness - maybe even all of the meds, but the CDC acquits itself better in tier X games than most even if it loses out to what @Zeven would call 'bully'. "If bully then bully" admittedly doesn't come to mind much playing the CDC".

Trust me on this - I know people say it is, and it's a hella frustrating tank to play, but it's easy to spin up damage numbers that are quite decent, and the extra 2 base camo really stacks impressively when all is added in.

Defender was a mistake imo - it's got too much gun, too much armor and enough mobility, and should've been nerfed on test server. Sure, FCM isn't perfect against a Defender but if you actually play it it's not too bad. More DPM, accuracy to pen the hatches if you're close and the LFP if you're far away, and speed to disengage from the engagement or fight on your terms and choice of terrain. Plus, if you get to a track wheel you're golden!

Yep, 183 AP pen means you might have to aim a bit more and the lower pen gold round means you actually have to flank etc. It's entirely capable of engaging T6/7, most T8's, T9 meds and even E75 LFP if you load gold etc, and flanking is needed for Anime Heavies, SuperHeavies and suchlike, but unlike the Mod 1 - which is a trash tank in the current meta, at least on NA, it has the ability to relocate. The sideskirts are surprisingly effective, the turret is surprisingly effective and the armor layout lets you bully lower tiers surprisingly effectively...plus it has the Russian Comfort factor going (much like the Pershing's Southern Comfort)..It's very much a Russian T25 Pilot!

And although I've sucked in it to date, I'll get 2 or 3 marks on it pretty soon - and the MoE requirements show me that good players REALLY find it is a tank with a high skill ceiling.

But you trashed it when you opened the post on it and I think you're playing it wrong. I'd use Optics, Rammer and Vert Stab, Food and BIA/Camo/Repairs/JOAT/Safe/Designated/+ a driver skill . It'll hit 442.43m view range without vents, situational awareness or recon - ~470m with. Then you're self spotting for targets and with a rather good for Russia -7º gun depression and fantastic traverse and good enough bloom values, plus the extra 10 dmg over the other 90mm options, plus a bit more module damage.

The main downside is, like the T25 Pilot 1, lacklustre AP shell speed 880m/s and 853m/s respectively, and you can get round that by running a credit booster and firing lots of APCR - if you're on SEA it's probably what's making you hate the tank, as I've never met anyone before with GREAT ping to that server! Even from here in Sydney I ping lower to NA.

i get 20ms :^)

Pretty sure most Japanese/Koreans get <100ms to the server, while Australia/NZ often get 100+ because of their cable and routing. The rest closer to Singapore usually get low ping if 1)their ISP is not shit 2)They don't have packet loss from cable issues #Just Asia IT Infrastructure things

On a side note i'm from Singapore and get about 20-30ms ping to the SEA server, not that it helps me very much since i still suck.

Since i don't have much time to play, I bought all the coupons/vouchers for the T25 Pilot and have been bumbling about with it in a few games. It's not bad, similar to the Patton KR but i notice more missed shots at range because of the lower AP shell velocity.

1 hour ago, FurryLionBalls said:

you can permatrack at a distance with the CDC

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahah. 

Wait... It's not a joke ? :fat:

As I have mentioned somewhere before, I ping average 200ms to NA from SEA. I've been playing since the first international beta and since all my WOTfriends are all Murican, I stuck around even though they offered transfers to the SEA servers. The ping doesn't bother me much (until it goes up to 300ms).

Mission today is 20k EXP, which is exactly the Tankrewards daily. If we assume that the missions are going to get progressively harder, then it follows that the next missions wont be achievable just by doing the daily.

5 hours ago, Ezz said:

I don't like complaining about free shit, but can someone please give it a better engine. K thnx.

That's one thing about the Pilot 1, it's hull traverse on medium and soft terrain is pretty bad which messes with it's mobility a lot.

5 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

have anyone confirmed, is it base EXP or can it include doubles/personal reserves?

They stack. Confirmed on Reddit apparently.

19 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

have anyone confirmed, is it base EXP or can it include doubles/personal reserves?

Did the mission for today, boosters count, first win bonus counts, and the bit of extra XP you get for playing a premium tank counts as well. Can't comment on premium or the platoon bonus.

19 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

can confirm they stack, popped a 100% exp boost and got them in like 5 battles (all daily doubles)

there's a contest running tandem to the T25 Pilot marathon, I think its hinting at a possible challenge ahead with mission #5, #6 and #7

either way, its supposed to coincide with St. Patrick's Day and it's all very vague, have a look for yourself

not sure if this contest is also on other servers. im sure someone will tell me.

and speaking of St. Patrick's Day

"Top o' the mornin' to ya!" 

On 14/03/2017 at 10:10 AM, dualmaster333 said:

I'm not sure what all the complaints are about. It's basically a Patton KR which is one of the best tier 8 premium mediums.

Right, but why play that or this tank when I can use my Patriot? I only lose out on speed.

17 minutes ago, KenadianCSJ said:

Right, but why play that or this tank when I can use my Patriot? I only lose out on speed.

Just because the latest pay2win tank is better doesn't make the Pilot a bad tank. Numerous people are crapping on this tank even though it's top 25% for tier 8 premiums.

Also, some of us don't make poor life decisions with our money and waste it on pixel tanks :-D

2 hours ago, KenadianCSJ said:

Because you can train med crews...

Oh wait, i trained my Pershing crew for 200 battles in Patriot first:trump: