ThomChen114

T25 Pilot Numbah 1!

2 minutes ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

Next one seems to be 10 wins as top 3 damage.

Welp, time to whip out my E-25

7 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

Welp, time to whip out my E-25

Fine...but B2 and T67 still miles better. 

I feel more like O-Ho Ho today...4 hours reserves and I will make it. just to fuck up the day for all the Defenders rolling around.

13 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

but its not quite as profitable as the E-25. http://wotreplays.com/site/3444149#live_oaks-thomchen114-e_25

i think

It is very profitable, since it does not see tier 8 heavies (where armor starts to mean something, even tier 7 heavies are mostly riddled with weakspots, only  O-Ni requires gold frontally, IS can be penned in cupola, T-29 in frontal hull, Tiger P has more weakspots than strong parts...easier to pen most tier 7 heavies with t67 than tier 8 ones with E-25+turret and even more speed means easier flanking)

Also, you have not fired a single gold round. You was top tier, and even in a dream matchup (plenty of blind soft tanks), you have not fired a single shot at two strongest, and most important tanks to kill- IS and T29. Your team eliminated the two most worthy opponents. They did 1/3 of the dmg of the whole enemy team, and those two heavies could have eviscerated your team if not for your very good heavies(all made more than 1 k dmg, even tier 6 ones - and stayed alive, so they could have done more).

I even suspect that you have done solid part of your dmg as cleanup dmg, since you killed arty...

E-25 prints money in certain situations, but when you are trying to force wins, you need to kill enemy heavies (at range). that requires gold if they are not tier 6 ones or Tiger. I have won plenty of games with 3 k dmg and lost money, even with prem acc.

I run 50/50 loadout, and fire about 2/3 AP...but APCR is there for tier 8 battles with plenty of heavies. I play for wins...maybe not the best tank to do it in this meta...but E 25 can contribute when necessary.

Of course, T67 is a tier 5 standard tank, and E-25 a tier 7 prem...hard to compare...but E-25 does not print as much money as you led ppl to believe. Tier 6 prems like Bromwell earn the same on avg.

MIssion # 12 23rd of March

Win 10 Random Battles while being in Top 5 by EXP earned.

Welp, guess people will be breaking out the Pz B2 platoons again.

I'll grab my E25.

3 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

I'll grab my E25.

I'll rage quit after 7 straight loses. Wont be getting that token back in gold.

6 hours ago, ninjaman217 said:

Or the churchill. that thing gains mad exp

i don't have one, nor do i think i'd have the patience for one.

and for tier V pref i've got the T-14 (Armata) :kappa:

Done in a little under 2 hours.

Come on guys theres only 1/2/3/4 days left to grind

I've been playing a couple of games and overall I like it. Shell velocity is a bit of a pain at longer distances but gun handling is fantastic, even with dead gunner. I cheated and bought 5 tokens since the missions that required a win did not please me.

I got an ace with shy of 1500 base exp.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3452052#stats

5 hours ago, CAPIRAGE said:

I've been playing a couple of games and overall I like it.

Despite having as bad a couple of days as you could have in a tank so do I. But unless the proposed MM changes are introduced I really question the viability of Tier 8 premium MTs. When bottom tier on SEA the MM is frequently made up of 6-8 X's (I've had 11 on quite a few occasions)/2-3 IX's/the rest VIII's with maybe a VII scout thrown in. Add to that the completely imbalanced MM that regularly occurs when top tier: i.e. 6-8 OP premium HTs vs your 2 on a corridor map. Your extra TD's never compensate and average pubbies don't adapt. There just go where they always go and you get stomped faster than you can blink.

Maybe Ravioli with its alpha and shell velocity is an exception? Wouldn't know as I don't have one.

I'll keep playing it because I really like how it handles and it's nice being able to gather a few credits on a standard account. RIP my stats. They're shit anyway.

10 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

i.e. 6-8 OP premium HTs vs your 2 on a corridor map.

One suspects the meta is shifting such that the prem 8 MTs will be the new lights... funnish, but not really suited to the meta. Until they release the next power crept fair and balanced batch that is...

6 hours ago, Ezz said:

Until they release the next power leap fair and balanced batch that is...

Corrected. Creeping is so 2016.

On 3/23/2017 at 10:07 AM, ThomChen114 said:

MIssion # 12 23rd of March

Win 10 Random Battles while being in Top 5 by EXP earned.

Welp, guess people will be breaking out the Pz B2 platoons again.

I'll grab my E25.

It was easy with three man platoon. We had fair and balanced platoon of two Defenders and one Skorpion, took 17 games to finish (missed top five in two wins, because reasons) as MM god was smiling on us.

Todays mission of 30 kills is annoying with all the kill stealing going on, but it's not that hard, will finish it this evening (had brief session in morning got 18 kills already) and then I'll get Pilot in garage.

15 minutes ago, Taze said:

Todays mission of 30 kills.

Just that? Regardless of wins or scoreboard position?

Should be easy but I bet all the people playing TDS these past few missions are going to switch to cancer.

13 minutes ago, Fianii said:

Just that? Regardless of wins or scoreboard position?

Yes, just 30 kills in any number of games.

T67 again...

It also counts as top of the tree, so you get a nice crew exp bonus. My Crew ticked over to 4th skill solely because of this mission marathon.

Just got a radley walters on prokh, in tier 7 (one E-25 per side)...

On 15/03/2017 at 4:24 AM, 8_Hussars said:

There may be a gold profit to be made if your in the market for some.  A token is $2.59 (US) and if your buy the tokens and then do the missions and ultimately get reimbursed for the unused tokens at 600 gold...

That was my original interpretation and why I bought 5 tokens, as I thought could do with a bit of gold anyway. But rereading WG's conditions for the tokens I don't think that's the case:

"Any leftover tokens after the T25 Pilot as been successfully redeemed will be refunded to the player as in-game gold soon after the package purchase."

I've fucked up. It's because I'm stupid.

20 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

That was my original interpretation and why I bought 5 tokens, as I thought could do with a bit of gold anyway. But rereading WG's conditions for the tokens I don't think that's the case:

"Any leftover tokens after the T25 Pilot as been successfully redeemed will be refunded to the player as in-game gold soon after the package purchase."

Reckon I've fucked up. It's because I'm stupid.

Sorry to hear that (especially if I misled you),

The FAQ was subject to interpretation... the award of the tank is the tipping point as after tank award you can complete the daily missions but dont receive the daily token!

If you have 10 tokens and then purchase 3 tokens; the tank is awarded and you can complete remaining 5 missions for the rewards but not tokens.

If you have 10 tokens and then you purchase 5 tokens; the tank is awarded, 2 tokens are redeemed in gold and you can complete remaining 5 missions for rewards but not tokens.

If you have 0 tokens and then purchase 3 X 5 tokens; the tank is awarded, 2 tokens are redeemed in gold and you can complete all 15 missions for rewards but not tokens.

If you have 10 tokens and then purchase 2 X 5 tokens (any amount over 3); the tank is awarded, 7 tokens are redeemed in gold and you can complete the remaining missions for rewards but not tokens.

Not a bad tank guyz. It's competitive with the Patton KR, and the rest of not-sheltered mediums.

Totally gets shat on by Defender, Patriot, Liberte and Scorpion G tho. :surprisefish:

4 hours ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

Not a bad tank guyz. It's competitive with the Patton KR, and the rest of not-sheltered mediums.

Totally gets shat on by Defender, Patriot, Liberte and Scorpion G tho. :surprisefish:

True, true...

But it is still the best USA medium crew trainer out there.

I don't have the KR and haven't gone up the US medium line,  so I don't have much to compare it to, but I'm having a good time with it thus far, particularly given I'm slumming it with the crew that came with it.  Best $2.50 I've spend on WoT (I was too drunk Friday night to complete the mission after friends left). 

The turret armor is happily more troll than I thought it would be. Bounced an isu then two games later bounced a grille and two shots from a T34. Probably just luck, but I'll take it. 

Yeah it's the Patton KR that doesn't didn't require real money. I also find it to be the best tier 8 non-pref medium. I don't mind giving up some of the mobility of an STA for some actually useful turret armor. Gun handling is delightful for a tier 8 and the low terrain resistances make it glide along beautifully at speed. The only place it noticeably suffers is low end power. Getting up to speed and climbing hills is sluggish.